What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
well the school think's their "an aboimnation" vif they follow the bible. fuck God. he doesnt exsist anyway. and that does offend u, im not sorry, coz its ur own stupid fault for beliviong theres somethin up there. end of.
I can see by that post that you actually have no idea what you're argueing about. Just mindlessly insulting that you don't understand faith and religion at all, before you actually argue against something with no knowledge of it, at least look into it a bit more...tbh, I just feel sorry for you because you obviously can't argue properly or put any thought into your arguments without resorting to needless flaming.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-23-2005 07:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
What is the world coming to? What eventually is going to happen is that there is going to be all these different schools because (I am about to attack anyones beliefs here) of Religion, race, and what your parents are as well.
What a way to start another epidemic if you ask me. I mean, a kid can't decide their parents sexuality. So now there is a high possibility that the kid is going to be looked upon as a lepper so to speak. Then there is the psychological effects of such a thing happening to her. Of course, I suppose the effects well depend on how well the lass understands what being a lesbian means.

Okay fine, I can understand where the school is coming from, but personally myself, I don't believe in anything and I hope no one takes offence, but isn't it the girl who is being teached at the school and not the mother and her partner? Is there the assumption that because the family is raised by lesbians, that this is how the child will turn out because this is the norm for this child? What is the norm? For me there is no norm, because it's ever changing.  Gays and lesbians are being given the right to adopt and why shouldn't they?

In this case, I sincerly hope that the school reconsiders, mainly for the the girls sake
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes, 39 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
09-23-2005 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Having my sister as a lesbian, I have had a lot of extreme views, if my school found out about her, they would be horrified. I think that the church should change their bigot views, but unfortunately, it will not happen unless there is a new pope. The current pope discriminates anybody that is gay/bisexual.

I feel sorry for the girl, it isn't her fault that her parents are lesbians, it isn't what she chose, and I doubt her parents chose that either. The school shouldn't discriminate the school for this, she should appeal to the governers, maybe even sue the school about this matter, heck I would if I was in that situation.

The church needs to bring itself into the modern world.
09-23-2005 09:14 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
it will not happen unless there is a new pope. The current pope discriminates anybody that is gay/bisexual.

The pope cant change traditional catholic teachings, and they wouldnt due to how holy they are anyway...

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

09-23-2005 09:16 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

okay, so what if the school accepts the girl? right - she will be bullied to death because her parents are lesbians. especially since the parents of the other children in that school are all catholics too; it will just boost de bullying.
09-23-2005 09:20 PM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
I don't know what's the world coming too

I'm sorry, what did you say? It was a Christian school, a school that is part of God. That school goes by the Bible not by the way society and the world is today. In the Bible it says that gay's and lesbians are wrong, which in my opinion is correct. This school was only doing what they believed was the right thing.

It does seem a bit drastic to expell the student since she probably was going to that school because she is Christian and believes in God and the Bible.

I believe one of our rights is to be able to practice any religion we want with out any problems.

Any ways there are way more worse things in the world that the 'what is the world comming to' fits in better.

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
okay, so what if the school accepts the girl? right - she will be bullied to death because her parents are lesbians. especially since the parents of the other children in that school are all catholics too; it will just boost de bullying.

True.

This post was edited on 09-23-2005 at 09:53 PM by DJeX.
[Image: top.gif]
09-23-2005 09:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
I think that the church should change their bigot views, but unfortunately, it will not happen unless there is a new pope. The current pope discriminates anybody that is gay/bisexual.

First of all even if there is a new Pope it won't likely change a thing in that school because it's not a Catholic school. You've got to realise that the Pope is only the head of the Catholic Church, not the whole Christian church. Personally a lot of the information in the bible regarding homosexuality is from an extremely old era where God did have to lay the law down or everyone would just go do whatever (like in Exodus when Moses left the Jewish population for a few days and a load of them started worshiping stuff made out of gold and stuff). It would make sense for God to have to heavily lay the law down or things would get seriously out of hand.

Now that we're way on from that time the decision is whether we treat the rules as part of an old era where everyone had to follow a very strict set of rules to survive for years under harsh conditions. Or as a general guide for life. Also the fact that marriage is to be life giving. It's not an easy decision for any Christian church to make.

quote:
The church needs to bring itself into the modern world.
Very easy to say that, but how can it adapt its teachings away from what is in the Bible. To be honest I'd need to look up more in the Bible about what it says about homosexuality to actually argue further. However I'd be very naive to say that something needs to be brought into the modern world without actually looking up what God had to say on the issue.

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

First of all they aren't Catholics, they're Christian, the difference being they don't answer to the Pope (at least it seems so from looking at the school's website).
If the Children were true Christians they wouldn't actually bully the child but try to accept her as she can't be anyway responsible for her parents sexuality. However again, there's one moron in every crowd who would have to bully her.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-24-2005 07:28 AM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Its a Shame on that School, shame on management, Shame on Christianity, Shame on humanity..all in name of GOD..who is supposed to love everything.

* shine hate those who blindly follow religion (EDIT: Rephrased :grin: )

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 10:04 AM by shine.
09-24-2005 10:03 AM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I'm sorry, what did you say? It was a Christian school, a school that is part of God. That school goes by the Bible not by the way society and the world is today. In the Bible it says that gay's and lesbians are wrong, which in my opinion is correct. This school was only doing what they believed was the right thing.

I can see where you are coming from I am a Catholic and I know they forbid homosexuals and all but I mean what has the girl got to do with who is looking after her? Is it her fault she has her mother and her girlfriend as guardians...no.
AC3
09-24-2005 12:03 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: