What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Reloader Source ?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Reloader Source ?
Author: Message:
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Reloader Source ?
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
o come on TB be nice :P

I could do it for you. This is just NSIS right?
no its ok the installer is fine,  its the plugin code i wanted, but i will write it my self :)
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
09-25-2005 05:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Reloader Source ?
quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Yes i know i have it in the installer, but i want t accoplish the messagebox effect as plus! will reload the plugins after 5 seconds
TB's plugin will not reload the plugins until the messagebox is closed
:S

Simply don't reload the plugins until the user has clicked ok on the messagebox, it's that simple...

instead of:
   ReloadPlugins
   MsgBox "click here"
do:
   MsgBox "click here"
   ReloadPlugins
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-25-2005 10:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Simply don't reload the plugins until the user has clicked ok on the messagebox, it's that simple...

instead of:
   ReloadPlugins
   MsgBox "click here"
do:
   MsgBox "click here"
   ReloadPlugins
The idea is to unload all plugins including the caller one for updating  or any other reason... so the command must be called from another dll that is not a plus pluginsto that Plus! will not unload it, when the command is called...

I have examined TB's plugin and fould an embeded plugin inside which is used to produce the nice message i wanted all along :)

So i can say that i have accomplished my objective :)
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
09-25-2005 10:29 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Reloader Source ?
quote:
I have examined TB's plugin and fould an embeded plugin inside which is used to produce the nice message i wanted all along :)
Can you get to it using PE Explorer or similar?

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 12:41 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-26-2005 12:41 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Can you get to it using PE Explorer or similar?
with ResHack yes... it is a resource
09-26-2005 12:52 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
If you want to do it that way, go along, just don't expect me to do anything for you ever again in the future.
[Image: theblasp.png]
09-26-2005 02:54 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
Really i wouldnt like to fuel the situation, nor pick a fight, but,

Well if you look at the fist post i think i asked it really nicely, and your nicest reply was
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
No
and i wouldnt think that, that was your greatest accomplishment, as i said i could do it my self BUT foolish me i wanted to enhance your plugin, and being that your plugin is majorly used by developers, i thought it was a mischief to work OnLY when you are online AND have an online contact to send the message, that is very restrictive, so i dfecided to write a workaround to remove this restriction, and if you feel so strongly about it, then i will write the whole file from scratch...

since i didnt have any code i couldnt steal it, i reverse engineered it.
As i said repeatedly i am thankfull for your help and that wasnt my intention all along, and i deeply regret for ever asking this

Whatever you decide, you are still in the credits of my plugin for all the help you have given to me and other members upto now :)

Now peace...
09-26-2005 05:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Reloader Source ?
some notes...

quote:
Really i wouldnt like to fuel the situation, nor pick a fight, but,

Well if you look at the fist post i think i asked it really nicely, and your nicest reply was
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
No
and i wouldnt think that, that was your greatest accomplishment, as i said i could do it my self BUT foolish me i wanted to enhance your plugin, and being that your plugin is majorly used by developers, i thought it was a mischief to work OnLY when you are online AND have an online contact to send the message, that is very restrictive, so i dfecided to write a workaround to remove this restriction, and if you feel so strongly about it, then i will write the whole file from scratch...
It is a common use that you don't touch other people's programs, even if the intensions are good. You ask it first and you state what you wanna do with it. I don't know about what is being asked in private or what not, but maybe if you explained what you wanted to do (like you just did), his reaction would have been different ;)

If an original author doesn't want you to play with/enhance his programs that should be respected...

quote:
since i didnt have any code i couldnt steal it, i reverse engineered it.

That's exactly the same as 'stealing' (or maybe slithly worse as a compiled program is obviously made because the author doesn't want to share the source)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2005 05:46 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
um, TB does it all the time, wtbw did it (if i recall correctly he taught TB to do it) (im refering to reverse-engineering), therefore it should be fair game for TazDevil.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 08:07 AM by ipab.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
09-27-2005 08:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Reverse engineering - isn't that common practice? wtbw reverse-engineered the MSN hashing algorithm, which I'm sure several developers use. I do. And, to an extent, Patchou and many plugin developers have reverse engineered Messenger so they can get under the hood and tinker.

It's just that people don't usually admit to reverse engineering, because it can be frowned upon. If I want to know how someone did something, I'll usually start by asking for pointers in the right direction. I don't necessarily want full code (doesn't help people to have full code), but snippets are helpful.

TB, I do agree with you in principle. That's why I have put in the readme for Phoenix 2 that people are able to look at the resources in it, but not change them. Then again, all the resources are strings, piccies and dialogs.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 09:10 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-27-2005 09:10 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: