What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Reloader Source ?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Reloader Source ?
Author: Message:
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: Reloader Source ?
Alright, Time gets the treatment first. Yes, ofcourse monkeys *could* write the works of Shakespeare. But the chances of them doing that in the average lifespan of a monkey is very close to 0.000000% percent.
There are a thousand different lovestories out there similar to Romeo and Juliet, and I that's what is meant by the saying you quoted. It happens all the time people get similar ideas.
However, This would not justify just adding one or two extra scenes to Romeo and Juliet, and then distributing it as your own...
I have no problem at all with Taz making another Reloader plugin, it'd be a great learning opportunity for him, as it has been for me. What I will not accept is him just plainly stealing my code from the resources and building something else around that. Someone who would do that is not worthy to be called a developer... That's what the terms "Asshole", "Scriptkiddie" and "N00b" are meant for.

Right, (Cyberdude), quit the crap. Stop repeating yourself to make your post look big. It'll only have people read it halfway before deciding it's just bullshit and repetition of what you already said.
I might've been a "dickhead" in the past, but this was in no way related to things like this. It was a fight between KoalaBlue and me that turned out pretty bad. It had nothing to do with sharing things with the community as I've even shared a lot of code and plugins before that.
Let me just repeat this one more time, hoping it will finally reach your thick brain. I am in no way obliged to share my code, my plugins, or my knowledge. The plugin was written for my own testing, and I decided to share it with others. I did and do not care about what you want, because I am not your personal fucking little coding slave. If you don't like what I offer, then do not take it. I will add new features when I feel like it, not on demand. I do all of this in my own spare time, and if you want me to do something specific, I suggest you contact me about the pricing.
Even if this is a community, it does not mean I am forced to give other people hints. Hell, I did it without hints too, didn't I?

Now seriously, if you decide to just steal, rip, and fuck with things that people shared,
How can you expect people to continue sharing?

[Image: theblasp.png]
09-28-2005 08:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
ok at first i though TB was being a bit mean, because Taz did ask quite nicely. but now that TB has explained his side i can definately see his point. TB learnt how to code that plugin, did all the research etc. BY HIMSELF which means that someone else can do the same thing as well. the info is obviously available out there somewhere!
09-28-2005 08:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

Cookie: I agree in theory but there is a glaring omission everyone standing up for TB's code is making - the fact that he has reverse engineered MSN. Did he ask MSN's coders for tips first? You can say "oh, but MSN is a team of coders with corporate money blah blah" but each individual coder is not an arsehole or so; they're just doing their jobs! Plus, MSN is free. It's not like they're charging for it. So, you know, MSN is distributed AS IS - don't like that then go code your whole own IM client and network. The sword cuts both ways, eh. I imagine that if this thread had been about TazDevil needing tips reverse engineering MSN then half a dozen developers would've jumped at helping him instead of TB's rather rude, flat-out "No."

"Now seriously, if you decide to just steal, rip, and fuck with things that people shared,
How can you expect people to continue sharing?"

Because TazDevil might have some serious enhancements to make? Because open source software is the future of developing? How many open source apps do you use TB? How many apps have you reverse engineered to get their code and stolen it? Yeah, you're hardly a moral angel AND TazDevil did ask nicely in the first place. I am sure that TazDevil woud have given full due to TB in his improved plugin, so he's hardly stealing it and claiming it as his own. Even with a hangover TB should've put a reason rather than just a one word epithet. Fuck that, arrogance of that level is just so unjustified.
By being given a fish a day people will themselves observe and learn to be sustainable in time.

TB: I don't need a lesson on history and etymology from you thanks, I know full well the intended meaning of the phrase; but as a hypothetical it is a fitting analogy.
09-28-2005 10:11 AM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
quote:
Because TazDevil might have some serious enhancements to make? Because open source software is the future of developing? How many open source apps do you use TB? How many apps have you reverse engineered to get their code and stolen it? Yeah, you're hardly a moral angel AND TazDevil did ask nicely in the first place. I am sure that TazDevil woud have given full due to TB in his improved plugin, so he's hardly stealing it and claiming it as his own. Even with a hangover TB should've put a reason rather than just a one word epithet. Fuck that, arrogance of that level is just so unjustified.
I didn't ask about TazDevils reasons to share, It's more about if you just plainly rip my code, how can you expect me to share anything else in the future?
furthermore, Why should I have puut a reason? He asked a question, I answered, There are no unwritten laws that force me to explain every answer I give.
Just a sidenote, I've always considered people calling you a "wanker" or "tosser" or any other insult to have misunderstood you or something, but this really made me change my mind about this. I can no longer say I disagree with them...
09-28-2005 10:17 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
ok, honestly guys this is becoming very childish. i think we should just drop this completely. it's just becoming a name -calling excercise and people are repeating themselves.

TB has given his answer and he's as stubborn as they come as i'm sure you've noticed from this thread so i highly doubt he's going to change his mind!!

drop it
09-28-2005 10:27 AM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: RE: Reloader Source ?
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
... it's just becoming a name -calling excercise ...

... he's as stubborn as they come ...

Let's play spot the contradiction...
09-28-2005 10:34 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Let's play spot the contradiction...

from this thread it's plain as day TB, and many people have told me the exact same thing about you before

i dont think calling someone stubborn is calling them a 'name' such as 'wanker' or whatever, which is what you basically said to Time. being stubborn is a peronality trait

This post was edited on 09-28-2005 at 10:40 AM by lordy.
09-28-2005 10:36 AM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
Alright, I don't care what the hell you think.
I wouldn't mind at all if some of you dropped from a fairly high building, but let's put it like this way:
I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour, simply stealing my code, nor will I tolerate people asking me something and then totally disregarding my answer.
I've totally had it. You should expect no more help, guiding, hints, sources, or freeware plugins from me.
09-28-2005 10:48 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Well you've done it now guys...

EDIT: May I ask what if someone came in and ask for the source code of Messenger Plus! ? Everyone would say no of course, it just wouldn't happen. Then what would you say if that same guy said he would reverse-engineer it and make his own Messenger Addon from the code of Plus!. What would you do then?

Just because it's a small plugin doesn't mean it deserves the respect of all the hours, research and hard work the author has put into it.

You've pushed him so far now that he won't help you. Are you happy?

Some people have bad days. And you've got to respect that especially over the internet.

This post was edited on 09-28-2005 at 10:59 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
09-28-2005 10:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
To be honest, ripping code from another programmer is lame. And it's even worse when they said no.

There is no obligation from any of the developers to share their code or help others out. But if people abuse this, then don't come crying that someone gets mad...

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-28-2005 10:53 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: