What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
Author: Message:
Phoen!X

O.P. Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
hmm, well i've downloaded the Mess.be Edition of MsgPlus, and its working great apart from the tabbed convo's.

When switching between conversations via the 'Tabbed Convo's' it makes the conversation window gradually smaller, getting smaller and smaller each time i switch between tabs. It starts by making the height of the window smaller, until both mine and my contacts display pictures are squashed together (obscuring the 'View contacts webcam' button on their display pic area) and once its as small as it can go in height, it starts to make the width of the window bigger, spreading towards the right...

Any ideas?

--

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 10:22 PM by Phoen!X.
09-26-2005 10:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
quote:
Originally posted by Phoen!X
hmm, well i've downloaded the Mess.be Edition of MsgPlus, and its working great apart from the tabbed convo's.

When switching between conversations via the 'Tabbed Convo's' it makes the conversation window gradually smaller, getting smaller and smaller each time i switch between tabs. It starts by making the height of the window smaller, until both mine and my contacts display pictures are squashed together (obscuring the 'View contacts webcam' button on their display pic area) and once its as small as it can go in height, it starts to make the width of the window bigger, spreading towards the right...

Any ideas?

--
This is most likely caused by Windowblinds, are you using that? If so uninstall that and the problem will be gone ;)

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 10:33 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-26-2005 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phoen!X

O.P. RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
Ooh, i see, yes i am using it :( but it makes XP all nice and shiny, i suppose i need to make sacrifices... unless theres a fix ;)
09-26-2005 10:37 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Nope, no fix asfar as i know.

I think you are better off without Windowblinds anyways, it can seriously mess up the OS (this goes for almost all, if not every tweaking program btw). You can go a long way by using the build in Windows themes and setting a background/wallpaper ;)

Edit: you're welcome :D

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 10:49 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-26-2005 10:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phoen!X

O.P. RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
If i remove the window frame, using the the little button in the top left, it works, so i can just use it that way :D

Thanks for the help :)
09-26-2005 10:48 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I knew about Windows Blind but I didn't know about htis workaround, thank you for sharing it :). I'm sorry about the WinBlind issue but that's something they have to fix, not me.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-26-2005 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Phoen!X

O.P. RE: RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)]
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I knew about Windows Blind but I didn't know about htis workaround, thank you for sharing it :). I'm sorry about the WinBlind issue but that's something they have to fix, not me.

NP :D Glad to be of a service
09-26-2005 11:30 PM
MiamiGuy

I was trying to figure out why it kept doing that. I too have Windowblinds. I'll just hit the lil arrow to hide the frame around the window. :)
09-27-2005 01:29 PM
audaz

– / Male / –
hi! im new here.
the program Windowblind has an option tha can exclude a program, like MSN. you just have to select the .exe ( of MSN messenger) and ignore it. like this:
opne the windowblinds, go to settings, per application, add per application setting, select the msnmsgr.exe ( executable of  MSN in MSN messenger folder) and then, select "total exclusion", ignore this applicatio and dont skin it.
so, only this program will be excluded.

sorry by the poor english, im Brazilian!
bye!
09-27-2005 01:42 PM
pgoodhall

hmm im using windows blinds. thanks that window frame option works. Is it likely tho that an update will be made for windows blinds users. Its just im lazy and am not one  to keep cliking that window frame everytime i need to use the toolbar at the top :S  and sorry i tried using the user over ride option but that didnt work for some reason.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 01:52 PM by pgoodhall.
09-27-2005 01:46 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: