What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Why is MSN misleading with stuff?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Why is MSN misleading with stuff?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Why is MSN misleading with stuff?
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

If MS doesn't state that a program is compatible with a certain OS, it has very good reasons for that. This isn't misleading or whatever at all...

As I said, this isn't misleading info at all. Misleading info would be that they state it works on Windows 95, when it is not.

It is misleading, because the article states that the feature only works with Windows 2000 and above. Which is wrong. It DOES with Windows 98SE. In turn meaning it is misleading, as to say that it is for only 2000 and above when it's certainly not.

It's like saying that MSN Messenger 7.0 is Windows XP only, when it works on 98SE/ME/2000.
As I said, and as I'm going to repeat, this isn't misleading info...

If MS doesn't state that a program is compatible with a certain OS, it has very good reasons for that. Misleading info would be that they state it works on Windows 95, when it is not.

MS states only the OS's which a program is tested on and passed the tests. It might work for you, but it might not work for another as you might need special additional libraries to be installed, etc (like Unicode Layer).

All the rest are unsupported and thus not mentionned.

Again, there is nothing "misleading" or "wrong" about it. MS only states OS's on which a program fully works without additional mombo-jumbo to be installed or hacks and tricks etc...

This post was edited on 10-22-2005 at 02:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-22-2005 02:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: