What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Msg Discovery X2

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Msg Discovery X2
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Msg Discovery X2
quote:
Originally posted by LDhon
How do i open a proxy eh???? ^o)

no it uses one meaning it uses a different internet connection which is one feature eveyone hates about the addon :)
10-24-2005 02:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
I'm just curious if there is any sort of work around for that so it doesn't have to use the proxy or the proxy still goes through the standard connection.
10-25-2005 06:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
Okay, first of all, for all those people who are commenting and saying things like "I recommend you not install MD X2". perhaps you should analyze the problem this user is having before offering up suggestions like that. As one can see, the problem this person is having is not a connection issue with msn messenger itself, but rather a connection issue with MD (I'll spare the technical details). This problem is not going to be solved by restarting one's computer.

To LDhon, in the main messenger window go to tools--->Options----->Connection-------->Advanced Settings.

Under 'Socks' please make sure that the address is set to either 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' and make sure that the port is set to '1863'. Then make sure that MessengerDiscovery is running in the processes and his the test button. If everything checks out ok then its just Msgdiscovery dropping the connection and I suggest that you hold on till the forums are up again and post about your bug on there. IF there is an error, then there is something wrong with either another program using the same port as msgdiscovery or a firewall program blocking access. Please check this and get back to us with your results.
btw routers shouldn't have a problem as long as you are able to access msn messenger, since one only needs open port 1863 for access to msn messenger server and that is the port that msgdiscovery connects on.

@Cardshark there is no work around to the proxy re-routing that msgdiscovery does, the entire engine is based on it, and thus would have to be re-written in order to do so. I suggest that if you don't like the way msgdiscovery handles connections, that to please use Stuffplug (although each program has its share of unique features you would be missing out on).

This post was edited on 10-25-2005 at 03:46 PM by ipab.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
10-25-2005 06:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
Ipab, I use StuffPlug already. I even used to use Messenger Discovery. However, since the change to MDX, I have had issues with it that I have been unable to resolve. I have posted these issues on the Messenger Discovery and MDX Beta forums several times with no viable solution presented. I have tried testing the "Socks" settings as you stated, but still am unable to get the program to detect me as being online. Everything connects properly, but the features that require an online status do not work (ie. contact list manager, event log, Messenger Discovery Today, etc). I would honestly like to be able to use the program for some of the features offered, but I am unable to do so because of the issues I have. I have seen that others have begun to have similar issues. Hopefully they will be able to resolve all of this.
10-26-2005 12:24 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
have you used the latest version of messenger discovery? (X2)

it's quite a lot more stable.

and yes there is a workaround for your problem currently being tested by a closed beta.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
10-26-2005 01:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
Yes, I had the issue with the latest version as well as the Beta. I let the creators and other testers know of my problem and no one there could come up with a solution that worked for me. If there is a stable version that won't have the same issue, I would gladly use it. Until then, it's just not really worth it for me since I can't use most of the features it gives.
10-26-2005 06:07 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: