What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Bomb Threats

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Bomb Threats
Author: Message:
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Bomb Threats
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
an this can be blamed on Johnny Coward, if only he never sent our troops to iraq,

How ignorant and shallow!

Do you really think we are only a target beacuse of Iraq? Thats stupid, we have been a target along with the rest of the western world for decades before that.

Was the Bali bombing after Iraq? Or before? 2002 looks like before, yet the terrorists targeted us?

You can extend this to America, no, Maerica isnt been attacked due to Iraq, most of the western world has been in the crosshairs of fundamentalist islamic extremists for decades now. And that is due to our way of life, our beliefs, not beacuse of some war that came AFTER these attacks.

No Animal, the events of the last few weeks would have happened wether we were in Iraq or not. We are active participants on the war on terror. Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you? If not, you you propose we just sit back and watch them blow the world up, and avoid our duties as world citizens?

The Iraq argument is a shallow argument that merely aims to attack the Iraq war, not beacuse the argument has any basis of evidence to it.

This post was edited on 11-14-2005 at 10:16 PM by -rafy-.
Rafy.

11-14-2005 10:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Bomb Threats
i agree with everything you said Rafy, but the iraq war increased our prominence on the world stage, increased out allegiance with america, and thus made us a greater target. im not saying that we werent before, but the iraw war pushed us out a bit further into the spotlight
11-14-2005 10:30 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
Dont get near that bag azn angel!

yea, i think someone just left it there by accident and now people are like all crazy but i thinks it better safe than sorry
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

11-14-2005 10:32 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
No Animal, the events of the last few weeks would have happened wether we were in Iraq or not. We are active participants on the war on terror. Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you? If not, you you propose we just sit back and watch them blow the world up, and avoid our duties as world citizens?
Rafy, at the end of the day, the USA nore any other country will win the fight on Tarrorism , so Coward IMO sent our troops an Bush sent the US troops there for nothing, all he shoulda done or had focus on was catching Bin laden an Hussien ,
11-14-2005 11:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
fundamentalist islamic extremists
You can't use the words fundamental and exteme in the same sentence. Those who are "fundamentalists" cannot be extremists, and vice versa. Another case of repeat what the media says?

quote:
Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you?
Terrorists? What terrorists? Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11, Afghanistan and the then current government (Taliban) had nothing to do with him. America attacked Afghanistan for the same reason they attacked Iraq, and it was all based on lies.

At the end of the day the biggest terrorist on earth today is the American government. How can I say such a thing? It's quite easy since proof is easily established against them, while many of the "terrorists" that they claim to be fighting are either non-existent or complete slander and lies.

This post was edited on 11-15-2005 at 05:13 AM by Ahmad.
11-15-2005 05:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11
Oh seriously, come on. He admitted it. 8-)
11-15-2005 05:15 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11
Oh seriously, come on. He admitted it. 8-)
Funny how someone all the way in Afghanistan could of planned such a perfect attack, the likes of which could not have been pulled off without the co-operation of the American government, but I won't go there :)

Also, gwb saying that Bin Laden did it, doesn't count as a confession. I've seen the videos and Bin Laden never made any admission to that attack. But I suppose everyone can make up their own fantasies.
11-15-2005 05:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Funny how someone all the way in Afghanistan could of planned such a perfect attack, the likes of which could not have been pulled off without the co-operation of the American government, but I won't go there
Yes, for sure, the government was involved. 8-). He didn't plan it all - it were his supporters, was his idea etc. He had people in Amerca (ie the terrorists who did the research and pulled it off.

It seems funny to me, and you're going to take offense to this, but i'm saying it anyway, you're defending Laden, who's been a threat and made threats against the US all of his life, because he worships the same god as you and as the same religious beliefs?

Bin Laden DID admit it HIMSELF in some of the videos. I'd suggest watching them again, because he did TAKE and CLAIM FULL responsibility for the attacks.
11-15-2005 05:36 AM
Juvani_D

Well, talk abou bomb scares, people should be vigilant themselves when going to some public places.
11-15-2005 06:00 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:

You can't use the words fundamental and exteme in the same sentence. Those who are "fundamentalists" cannot be extremists, and vice versa. Another case of repeat what the media says?

Untrue.

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
In some ways religious fundamentalism is a modern phenomenon, characterized by a sense of embattled alienation in the midst of the surrounding culture, even where the culture may be nominally influenced by the adherents' religion. The term can also refer specifically to the belief that one's religious texts are infallible and historically accurate, despite possible contradiction of these claims by modern scholarship.
11-15-2005 10:20 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: