What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Bomb Threats

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Bomb Threats
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Bomb Threats
I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live. Nothing really surprising happens here lol. One of the bombs (it was a rolled up ball of bubble wrap) was on the bus route I catch.

The other "bomb" was melting ice creams.

And what did you guys think of Beattie walking around the train station after the bomb threat was called? He's my hero!

This post was edited on 11-15-2005 at 12:53 PM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
11-15-2005 12:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by linx05

I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live.

They always get close to home.

Ahmad expresses how being blamed for his religion is wrong. Because if i had the same treatment as him, having my own community blamed with no 100% evidence i would be very angry, dispite it maybe leading that they were guilty. However the goverment as we see do not treat suspects right e.g cantalamo bay (not spelt right at all) in britain this week we did not allow terroist suspets to be questioned for over 90 days under himan rights laws. America hold suspects for the amount of time they want which is wrong.

Still terrorism has become a huge problem, of this generation and innocent people are being murdered.
11-15-2005 03:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Bomb Threats
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
fundamentalist islamic extremists
You can't use the words fundamental and exteme in the same sentence. Those who are "fundamentalists" cannot be extremists, and vice versa. Another case of repeat what the media says?

Umm no..... Any fundamentalist ideals can be interpreted as extreme.

quote:
Surley fighting the actual terrorists in Afghanistan for example is legitimate to you?
Terrorists? What terrorists? Even IF Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11, Afghanistan and the then current government (Taliban) had nothing to do with him. America attacked Afghanistan for the same reason they attacked Iraq, and it was all based on lies.

At the end of the day the biggest terrorist on earth today is the American government. How can I say such a thing? It's quite easy since proof is easily established against them, while many of the "terrorists" that they claim to be fighting are either non-existent or complete slander and lies.

1) Bin laden admitted his involvment. To state otherwise is extreme denial on your part. Perhaps you are too afraid to come to terms with the fact that there are terrorists killing innocent people in your religion's name?

2) The Taliban were harbouring Bin Laden. They provided him with support and defense. If they truely had nothing to do with him, they would have given him up in the months before that war.

3) Afghanistan and Iraq are two entirely differnt wars. Yes, i admitt there are some seious questions regarding Iraq, but Afghanistan was a direct response to 9/11. Are you saying that 9/11 was a lie? Give me a break. Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.

4) The terrorists are non-existent? Tell that to the victims of 9/11, the US embassy bombings in africa, the families of the soliders killed on the USS cole, families of those killed in both Bali bombings, the Australian Embassy bombings, the Mariot hotel bombing, both london terror attacks, and the victims of the Madrid train bombs.

Nothing more to say. It is quite obvious that you have been blinded by your faith.

Rafy.

11-15-2005 08:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by linx05

I was surprised the bomb threats were so close to where I live.

They always get close to home.
Not if the person lived in WA or something. Get where I'm heading at?
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
11-16-2005 02:30 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
ask any Indian here, if there is any (i dunno).
That's the whole point :p. If there were more indians here, there would be a bigger chance that a thread like this one would be posted by an indian :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-16-2005 02:47 AM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-16-2005 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
2) The Taliban were harbouring Bin Laden. They provided him with support and defense. If they truely had nothing to do with him, they would have given him up in the months before that war.
They suggested to try him in court in their country, that was refused. They are not going to give up a man to another country just because they suspect he was the one who did it. And they have a right to defend themselves while their country is being dessimated.
quote:
3) Afghanistan and Iraq are two entirely differnt wars. Yes, i admitt there are some seious questions regarding Iraq, but Afghanistan was a direct response to 9/11. Are you saying that 9/11 was a lie? Give me a break. Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.
I don't care what the majority of people say, the majority of people are on falsehood, I only care about the truth.
quote:
4) The terrorists are non-existent? Tell that to the victims of 9/11, the US embassy bombings in africa, the families of the soliders killed on the USS cole, families of those killed in both Bali bombings, the Australian Embassy bombings, the Mariot hotel bombing, both london terror attacks, and the victims of the Madrid train bombs.
It's funny how you have only mentioned those attacks as terrorist actions. While I myself view them as terrorist actions, I also view the acts of the american government as terrorist actions. You won't agree and you don't have to agree.

quote:
Nothing more to say. It is quite obvious that you have been blinded by your faith.
My vision is crystal clear, and one day the vision of every human being will become just as clear.
11-16-2005 03:42 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Ahmad thats very righteous of you, whos to say your vision is the correct one, and that one day everyone will see it. I think humans will destroy themselfs but hey.
No one is blaming your religion or muslims etc there are some really nice muslims and people from those countrys who are fine, its the extremists who do it and they are the terrorists.. You seem to have taken this all to heart dude you should lighten up and realise that its a select group of people not your whole culture and religion
11-16-2005 06:47 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
I stick up for Ahamd, there are a lot of people who are confusing things. One thing is though, one cannot truly know what to believe in since things get manipulated all the time. There have been several vids of Bin Laden confessing to the bombings and endorsing more violence, that doesn't mean that he truly is, although we can speculate (perhaps the US government just wanted a scapegoat), I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, thus like the rest I do belive that Osama was the master mind behind the bombings (I find it quite ironic and funny).

As for rafy's statement that the majority of the world's leaders supported the war in Iraq, if your sig didnt inditate that you were going to uni in sydney I would have thought that you were American. There was a lof of opposition due to the fact that the US disobeyed direct UN orders (ofcourse it doesn't matter since the UN's headquarters is in the USA), Canada was one. Even though we are their closest neighbours we chose not to go to war as we felt that it was unjust and wasn't warranted. France is another example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governments'_pre-wa...sing_U.S._Position

go there for a complete list of opposing nations.

Therefore there is quite a bit of opposition to the war in Iraq. When this entire mess is cleaned up Bush is going to be held accountable for his wrong doings. He has to answer to the internation commitee.  Even the NSA Advisor himself admitted that it was wrong to go into iraq due to the reason they gave. Therefore there are many people out there who view on the US's actions as terroristic in nature.

I feel like I have repeated myself a lot of times so I'm going to stop now.

btw if anyone would like to know, I am of indian heritage.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
11-16-2005 07:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by rafy
Not to mention just about every major world leader supported the war in Afghanistan.
Rafy.

11-16-2005 07:45 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: