What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?
Author: Message:
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?
I wasnt flaming lol! Im not gona play wise ass with you becuase your the king of that already so no thnx.

and the reson i said: "Read before you opinionate, he ment, keeping people out is better if you have a better lock thats expensive." was becuase your telling me something compleatly difrent to what louhabs ment.

...if the intention is to break in... Ok, so why would you say this again if I already said it 3 times before you said it already along with 2 others whove made this point already before i made this point? Obviusly your just acting smart :P and repeting what they said.

lmfao "PS: bieng a jerk is againts the rules" hahahahah
I double posted becuase I don't know how to quote another person within the same thread.

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:26 PM by thc2010.
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-27-2005 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
and the reson i said: "Read before you opinionate, he ment, keeping people out is better if you have a better lock thats expensive." was becuase your telling me something compleatly difrent to what louhabs ment.
lou_habs also didn't read properly what Johny said and thus replied with something wrong.

Again and to recap...

If you want to secure stuff buy an expensive lock. BUT, even if you did buy a cheap one, NOBODY has the right to lockpick it. Heck, even if you did NOT locked it at all, it is illegal to break in. And you do not need to steal anything, breaking in is illegal on itself. Lockpicking a lock which is NOT yours is illegal; it does not matter if the lock is a cheap one, it does not matter if you close it again, it does not matter if you steal anything, it does not matter if you even enter the locked room...

quote:
...if the intention is to break in... Ok, so why would you say this again if I already said it 3 times before you said it already along with 2 others whove made this point already before i made this point?
reread your own thread dude

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-27-2005 11:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
thc2010

37 / Male / –
dude, just give it a damn rest will you, your like a damn annoing tick that wont go away till he knows his better than everyone else. If you want I'll say it for you. "cookie is smarter than me" there does that make you happy? :P Anyways...

So to narow it down from what ive read so far:
Lockpicking = legal
Burgulary = illegal

anyone wanna argue that locpicking is illegal should know that lockpicking is similar to knowing how to kill someone, Just becuase you know how to kill someone doesnt meen your gonna go out and kill people. Lockpicking is a skill just like reading or Language arts. The way you use it is what makes it legal or illegal. With Languange art, if your a lawyer.. you can manipulate a lie to sound like the truth even though you know that its wrong

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:30 PM by thc2010.
11-27-2005 11:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
:rolleyes:
Lockpicking = legal ONLY IF THE LOCK IS YOUR OWN JUST AS THE LAW SAYS

quote:
dude, just give it a damn rest will you, your like a damn annoing tick that wont go away till he knows his better than everyone else. If you want I'll say it for you. "cookie is smarter than me" there does that make you happy? :P Anyways...
FYI, I posted 1 time with my own replies just as everybody else did in this thread. It was not me who started to be the smart ass here. If you reply to my post in the way you did, I have all the right to correct the misreading and confussion...

In other words: it is not me who is "damn annoing tick that wont go away". If you wouldn't have replied in the way you did, I would not have bothered posting and certainly would not needed to repeat what I said before.

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:35 PM by CookieRevised.
11-27-2005 11:28 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That's BS... for what legit reason should you have a lockpicker?????

Locksmith?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-27-2005 11:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
thc2010

37 / Male / –
Like i said before, lockpicking only defines what your doing, not what you plan on doing.
ie: lockpicking is a skill, burgulary or theft is a choice you made to make your skill usefull.

but ill give you credit for reminding people that just becuase you know how to pick locks doesnt mgive you the right to use it sencelessly

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:36 PM by thc2010.
11-27-2005 11:32 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
anyone wanna argue that locpicking is illegal should know that lockpicking is similar to knowing how to kill someone
I think some people forget there are 2 types of lockpicking.

- You can lockpick houses, cars and everything that don't belong to you, which is clearly illegal.
- You can also lockpick the lock of your own door, or even a lock that doesn't even lock anything, just for fun... like playing a puzzle. I don't see how it would be illegal as long as it's your own lock and it's not locking anything that doesn't belong to you.

And rember... simple things as a paperclip can already be used as a lockpick, nobody ever got screwed for carrying on of those around :).

EDIT: Just realized i'm repeating most of what people already said here :s.
* Menthix reminds himself to read better next time.

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:41 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-27-2005 11:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Locksmith?
Yes, but even a locksmith can not lockpick a lock which isn't his without a good reason (aka: just for fun or to practice or whatever). Although he might say he is a locksmith on duty, if he acts suspecious the police have every right to arrest him too, just as everybody else. Even a locksmith has not much reason to always carry the tools just because he is a locksmith...

And as far as I know Lou_habs isn't a locksmith....

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:40 PM by CookieRevised.
11-27-2005 11:37 PM
thc2010

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Lockpicking - Legal or illegal?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

Locksmith?
Even a locksmith can not lockpick a lock without a good reason (aka: just for fun or to practice or whatever). Although he might say he is a locksmith on duty, if he acts suspecious the police have every right to arrest him too, just as everybody else.

he's quoting
"That's BS... for what legit reason should you have a lockpicker?????" :P so he's simply saying Locksmiths have legit reson to have lockpicks your getting into a compleatly difrent topic again *-)

quote:
And rember... simple things as a paperclip can already be used as a lockpick, nobody ever got screwed for carrying on of those around
I find making picks out of paperclips imposible to do... i've tryed them, mybe im just not experianced enought but they alwase seem to bend on me.. whats your say on this?

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:42 PM by thc2010.
11-27-2005 11:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
he's quoting
"That's BS... for what legit reason should you have a lockpicker?????" :P so he's simply saying Locksmiths have legit reson to have lockpicks
FFS dude, can you stop being so... annoying? Reread the quotes PROPERLY and put them in the RIGHT context instead of drawnig your own twisted conclussions.

REREAD (how many times did I already said that in this thread? :rolleyes:) what I said: Even a locksmith can not lockpick a lock which isn't his without a good reason

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 11:43 PM by CookieRevised.
11-27-2005 11:42 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: