What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » How you came to be on the forum...

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
How you came to be on the forum...
Author: Message:
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How you came to be on the forum...
Installed MSG Plus for a while... like sonicsam, but i joined the forums but I wasn't an active member, then I moved to a new house but my parents didn't want internet so I stopped loggin in like 2 years. After this time I MADE my parents put internet in my house, created a new account (don't remember the old one, maybe it was deleted in one of the server changes Chrono mentioned) so here I am. My old username was something like sams1987 or sams_iss
12-08-2005 01:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
came to ask questions:P banned once:D this is the only forum i go dayli, never used anyother :P i like here and im staying untill i can, or get banned for life (hope not)
[Image: guanako20.png]
12-08-2005 02:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Moved to GCC :)

Anyway -> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=166710#pid166710

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
I still remember the first time I logged onto the board on February 2002.
A friend of mine had been using the "Quick Messages" to flood me. When I asked how he did it so fast, he said: "I've installed the Messenger Plus! Extension". I searched for it on the Net and downloaded it. It was a very cool program with useful features, without spyware or advertisements... No doubt, it was the best Messenger add-on I had ever seen.

While I was using it I thought on some suggestions and I wanted to contact the developer of Plus!, Patchou, so I logged onto and registered on the messenger Plus! Forums. Then I made my first post, my first thread with many suggestions on it. While I was waiting for replies, I read a lot of threads on the board, and I started to like the idea of become a regular member. So I started to post, to post a lot. I made 69 posts on 2 days and the members ( *cough* Muss *cough* ) started to complain about it. They said I was spamming a lot, and of course I wasn't . They almost made me leave the forums... It was a PM sent by Topeka_KS that made me stay (and I don't  regret )
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-08-2005 03:41 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: How you came to be on the forum...
quote:
Moved to GCC

I wasn't sure if people would spam the thread or not so I put it in T&T... Anyways... It's pretty interesting hearing all the stories everybody has of when they came :p... I've still never been banned :refuck:
12-08-2005 03:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
I've been browsing this forum for probably about a year or so (at least). I've been using Plus! for I don't know how long (early version 2). I had been just keeping up with the stuff in the support forums to make sure I knew what was going on with Plus! and what bugs I might expect. I finally registered and posted when I started to have one odd issue (which incidentally was never resolved, but not a big deal) and decided to stay. I've since spread to the rest of the boards, but mostly I just post to help other people. Basically, I'm still getting to know things here, and don't want to cause too much commotion. At least, not yet. :D
12-08-2005 04:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
I still remember the first time I logged onto the board on February 2002.
A friend of mine had been using the "Quick Messages" to flood me. When I asked how he did it so fast, he said: "I've installed the Messenger Plus! Extension". I searched for it on the Net and downloaded it. It was a very cool program with useful features, without spyware or advertisements... No doubt, it was the best Messenger add-on I had ever seen.

While I was using it I thought on some suggestions and I wanted to contact the developer of Plus!, Patchou, so I logged onto and registered on the messenger Plus! Forums. Then I made my first post, my first thread with many suggestions on it. While I was waiting for replies, I read a lot of threads on the board, and I started to like the idea of become a regular member. So I started to post, to post a lot. I made 69 posts on 2 days and the members ( *cough* Muss *cough* ) started to complain about it. They said I was spamming a lot, and of course I wasn't . They almost made me leave the forums... It was a PM sent by Topeka_KS that made me stay (and I don't  regret )
:O, did chrono get hit by the ban hammer:banh:
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6657 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes, 8 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
12-08-2005 04:24 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I actually did not know what a forum was, until I needed help with Msgplus one day. I needed to find out how to fix a error with a dll file that msgplus had corrupted. And since that day, I've just been visiting this forum and posting things when I have time.

I've been using Msgplus since like v2 or so :p.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
12-08-2005 04:35 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Seeing as I have been a member for a couple of years already, I can't remember the specific reason why I joined. If my first post has something to do with it, then it was because some inaccuracies in the translation.
Number of bans: 0

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 05:24 AM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
12-08-2005 05:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
i came here first to find out how to toggle skins: here is my first post. I was into skins back then, but now i just go with the flow...:dodgy:
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
12-08-2005 05:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
One day Chris Boulton IM'ed me saying "Hey were looking at getting a board setup for these guys". So I joined up on before it was on devBB... We then setup a board and started testing and moding. I registered before Surfi so I got User ID #1!!!!

Yeah.... thats just how it worked....

Oh, and I've never been banned, well... except that one time the guy hacked into the board.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
12-08-2005 05:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: