What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » How you came to be on the forum...

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
How you came to be on the forum...
Author: Message:
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How you came to be on the forum...
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

, did chrono get hit by the ban hammer
never :P

Edited: well i was banned by kasper once, you dont really want to know the reasons :P. i think it was an IP ban, i dont really remember 8-). I was quickly unbanned though (because he banned me for 'personal' reasons, not that i did something wrong here :chrongue:), and he soon left the community 8-)

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 05:54 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-08-2005 05:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I screwed with the DB of the forum before this one so we lost all the posts, that was when I had it with free remotely hosted forums. So I opened a topic asking for help so we could host our own forum somewhere. Surfi was the really cool guy that helped us out together with wj :D. User ID #3! :p

My life on the Plus! forums actually started on the very first forum (this is the 3rd forum, or even 4th if you count DevBB and MyBB as two). Was already using Plus! before they even had a forum, so I can officially say I’ve been here since the beginning :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-08-2005 06:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Had been using Plus! ever since the early days. And Patchou had that really simple website up (I think the menu was in frames?). I think I may have registered to the forums there, not quite sure. I know I looked through it every now and again.

Then the website was updated with all the flash and the new board. I even PM'd a mod or admin here asking where they got the hosting (anyone know who that was? EDIT: it was Patchou then he referred me to WDZ).

I came here to report some bugs with Plus!. And request a couple of features in StuffPlug. Then to only annoy TB through PMing him to which he didn't reply lol. Now I'm a mod on his forum. 8-) @ my noob days.

Never been banned though... hmmmmm *-)

This post was edited on 12-09-2005 at 03:44 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-08-2005 06:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
I joined in July 2004 for reasons unknown even to me lol, but then i had a problem so i started a thread which can be found Here.
Then i didnt post for like another 5 or 6 months after that.

then i discovered Stuffplug and started posting alot on the forum there, and really enjoyed helping people out.

then i came back here and here i am :tongue:
12-08-2005 09:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
I joined to ask a question about POP3 but I found that I was able to post a few answers to people's problems while I was doing this. I found that it was a nice community so I kept on coming back to help. I remember I didnt post once in T+T until I had about 50 helping posts but I would always read it.

I have only been banned once and that was when I asked Wj to ban me so I would stop coming on during my exams:P
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

12-08-2005 09:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Aeryn

– / Female / –
I first saw these forums in this year's March, when a MSN conversation partner of mine posted here to get help for a problem we were having with messages not being delivered. I only read the replies to the thread then, I didn't post anything myself. (And I remember at the beginning I didn't like the way these forums look, cuz I found it confusing. :D Not anymore, though. :P)

But for some reason even months later I occasionally came back here to read around. Dunno why. And in June when I finally felt like saying something in one thread, I created a user account at last.

And these days, I come here almost every day. Funny, I didn't really expect to find any friends here or anything, but with time I've met some really cool people from this community. Hereby kudos to segosa who dragged me on MsgPlus IRC and helped me get addicted to it. :P

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 09:49 AM by Aeryn.
12-08-2005 09:47 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I got into Plus! when version two came out. So, one day I was looking around mess.be and saw the Plus! IRC link. In those days the IRC server was hosted by sock. I became a regular there and before long i joined the forums to post something. I assume this was my first post, but with pruning, who knows.
12-08-2005 09:51 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I joined here march 10th 2004. First post i made contained a few suggestions (hmm wasn't my first post a thank you to patchou :mipdodgy: )

Lil later i needed some help with polygamy patch and jnrzloader (had a conflict between a patch and jnrzloader) and got help from Dwergs and CookieRevised (very detailed info and help as we know Cookie provides). My last post in that thread contained a nice thank you line, i said: .....who knows i become a techie one day...., hehee and lookie where i am today :D

After that i stuck around reading up on everything..soon i fell into a discussion about the reputationsystem..that was when i got the first member from this community on my MSN list (Keystorm). Helping out onhere gave meaning to my rather boring life (blah not gettin into details about that).

Then i felt like hey i want to meet these guys (talk to them informal, non help based) so i joined irc end of april/beginning of may that year. I joined into a joke..lol..wich made me fit right in..the ice was broken. Ofcourse i payed attention to help given inthere and soon i was helping out inthere myself...i still do.

Who got onto my MSN list how and when i don't remember but at this moment i got lots of members of this community onthere. This community feels like family to me...i got accepted and respected and my age and gender didn't matter at all (it makes no difference). I had a very speedy career onhere (and on irc) and my participation onhere led to all the other jobs/duties i have today (Female Elite Member, Msg Plus! Official Tester, Msg Plus! Sound Moderator, Dutch Msg Plus! Forums Smod, SPNG Betatester, Messenger Plus! SoundPack DB Admin (CR)).

I've never been banned and hope i never will. Neg reps, i've had a few (gone now) but most are positives. How can one leave who is accepted, respected and loved so much huh ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-08-2005 10:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

i came over here since that "war" going on with msnfanatic... i was bored and had nothing better to do than looking for posts concerning that issue. but then i got banned from msnfanatic ((a)) and came over here
12-08-2005 10:14 AM
emit
Disabled Account

Well, mine is kind of a long story. Back when wtbw made the MSN Nicker plugin I helped him test it for Trillian (the only IM client I was able to use in the university library due to user restrictions) and then wtbw told me about Plus! so I visited the forums, joined (account name was "The Philosopher" I think), but I never posted. I found #msgplus on EFnet (IRC) from whoising wtbw on there and hung around in there for a while with sock/wtbw then wtbw and I had an argument and I got banned from #msgplus EFnet because wtbw didn't want to talk to me. So I visisted the forums again and found out about the IRC server and found wtbw on there too. At this point I just wanted to make-up over this stupid argument, but he decided to ban me from the server instead of giving me a chance to talk to him. 8-) So I trolled the forums with the account I had made and the account got banned/deleted. So I persistently visited the IRC server, using another nickname in an attempt to hide and stop being banned. I started to get to know people: Dane, segosa, kao... then I stayed on the server (and I'm still there today) and after a few months on IRC I made another forum account called "Exacerbate", which I subsequently had renamed to "Time" which is a nick I've been using on IRC for a few years. For clarification: I know wtbw in real life, we went to secondary school together, all in all I've known him a decade and I would consider him a close friend. :P So blame wtbw for my spam/trolling. It's a great community on the most part and I'm glad to be a member. I guess I've been here over a year with this new account now and on IRC close to 2 years perhaps. Heh.

Edit: people are listing bans too? I think I've had two 24 hour bans and one longer ban? Not sure. Plus the deleted/banned account. =p

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 02:22 PM by emit.
12-08-2005 11:07 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: