RE: Help!! // How to find out admin password on Windows XP
Hey. I know the way.
I had this SAME EXACT PROBLEM. It sucks.
1. Turn off your computer (trust me)
2. Now, leave it off for like 10 seconds. Turn it on.
3. Now just keep pressing the F8 Key.
4. It will soon bring you to a screen with these random options. Click on the option that says safe mode. (It should already be on it)
5. Now, there will be another message about start-up style. There will probably be only one, and if there is more than one hit the one saying something about windows XP professional. (That is what you already have)
6. Voila! At the start-up screen, another account will be there... "Administrator" will now be with all the other accounts. (I know you don't want it to be like that, u dont want ur mom noticing.)
7. Now click on administrator, and it will have no needed password. (You may get a little popup box asking u sumthing, just say yes.)
8. Go to "Control Panel".
9. Hit "Edit accounts"
10. Hit "Change an account"
11. Now choose your account. (It should say it is a limited account)
12. And now, find "Change your account type." and switch it to Administrator. You are now an administrator, so apply the changes, and then turn off the computer. Turn it on normally like you always do, not on safe mode, and then hit your account.
You now have administrative abilities, and give ur mum a taste of her own medicine
make her limited. Lol she can find out how to be an administrator like u did. LOL!