What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger 8

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger 8
Author: Message:
mfragola

www.fragonline.com.ar

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger 8
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
No, that is MSN 8 explorer , it is not  MSN MESSENGER or WLM.
so dont talk for free.

I know man, I didn't talk for free :P, I just wanted to let him know there is a possibility to limit the people who his son can connect to!!

and Cookie, not all children have that knowledge of computing, of course it can be disabled, you can bypass almost anything, but that COULD help sb. And besides, if his father will block who he will talk to, he must be VERY young, or that's what I thought.

And please let's stop this unuseful discussion, we are all after all trying to help this guy :D
01-27-2006 01:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger 8
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to disable such stuff, or simply delete a file. Using Plus! or a plugin for this is as good as useless and extremely ineffective.

If you want to secure and control what your child does and who he is talking to, you need a total secured environment package on Windows, not some "simple" external program which can be disabled without any effort.

There is also no reason to believe that the child must be "very" young at all; parents can and should still be able to tell their 15 year old children what or what not to do. And even very young people know often more than enough (or expirment more than enough) to know how to disable, or simply not use, a specific addon.

Suggestion a plugin or addon for msn messenger for this is useless and extremely insecure and ineffective.

This post was edited on 01-28-2006 at 12:23 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-27-2006 11:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: