What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » adding emoticons

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
adding emoticons
Author: Message:
Murphy Slaw

RE: adding emoticons
I too have this problem. On two computers. One xp running 7.5 and the other win 2000 and messenger 7. both use different firewalls and av. both are regularily scanned and caches cleared of temp files and cookies. Spyware scans also carried out on regular basis. All windows updates done. I have never used any plug ins or add ons.

The problem first occured on xp machine. all custom emoticons disappeared. No specific reason  or event springs to mind as having caused this. No system restore, virus infection nothing obvious.

I could then only  collect certain emoticons using right click and add. but many would give the described error message.

About 2 weeks later the same happened on the 2000 machine.

Please note that the emoticons I can't add happen to be ones I used to have myself.

So if anyone can tell me why I can add (using right click)certain emoticons and not others I would appreciate it. Yes i've tried all the reinstalling thing.
02-02-2006 01:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: adding emoticons
I seems like your map.dat file became corrupted.

All of your emoticons are stored here C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\%MSN ID%\Custom Emoticons

for short just click start > run > %appdata%\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

I suggest  you rename your Custom Emoticon file to see if you can add anymore after you restart MSN Messenger.
02-02-2006 01:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: