What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Forum Charity

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Forum Charity
Author: Message:
emit
Disabled Account

RE: Forum Charity
My mum works for the British Red Cross; I could probably have something a little more official set up.
02-10-2006 10:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Forum Charity
quote:
Originally posted by Time
My mum works for the British Red Cross; I could probably have something a little more official set up.

That would be really cool, thanks Time. :)
02-10-2006 10:58 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I agree that we should have a dedicated account first... charitydonations@msgplus.net or charitydonations@msgpluslive.net, something like that.

And I also think we should decide where the money will go to first. I think allot of people would not donate because they're not sure what they are supporting. We could throw in suggestions on what organization to donate it to and then put those options in a poll later. Once the organization is decided people can start donating.

Maybe Patchou can put something about it on the site to once we picked an organization and have a dedicated account. A page about it on msgplus.net/msgpluslive.net makes it much more official and trustworthy then only a forum topic.

And I like the idea of picking a new organization to support every year. Patchou could go along with it and donate his merchandise income to the same organization every year if he wants.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-10-2006 10:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Time

Are you sure you wanna give it to the Red Cross? Theres plenty of other charities out there..

I remember a few years back when it got leaked in Australia that the Australian Redcross were taking ridiculous amounts of donations to pay for board members salaries :S - not sure if i can trust them anymore.
Segosa is newb.
02-10-2006 11:01 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Gives me another reason not to donate - the fact that the account may have more than one reason for income coming in to it.

What are you saying? I'm sure Patchou would willingly set up another account. Or of course, I could go to my local bank and get an account set up there for the Plus! Charity. I'm willing to take the time to do all of this, I have the time to do all of this, and it will get done. I'm not somebody that you can't trust.
02-10-2006 11:02 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
What are you saying?
I'm saying that i'm not comfortable donating a significant amount of money (we're not talking $10-$20 here), to you.

Things happen on the internet.
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Or of course, I could go to my local bank and get an account set up there for the Plus! Charity.
That doesn't change anything.
02-10-2006 11:05 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Ok, well lets just wait and see if Patchou is willing to manage the donations then. :)
Segosa is newb.
02-10-2006 11:08 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

When have I ever not been trustworthy to you, I would handle the money in a professional manner, I would even be happy for the account to be open to more than one person, such as myself, cookie & patchou or something.

I would like you to name one instance of me being untrustworthy when it comes to money, it's going to charity for gods sake, I'm not going to go and steal it. I take the whole charity thing very seriously, and donate to charity whenever I have the possible money to do this, such as when I see somebody outside a shop collecting money, or the money boxes inside shops. Charity is the top priority here, nothing else.
02-10-2006 11:10 AM
emit
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Are you sure you wanna give it to the Red Cross? Theres plenty of other charities out there..

I remember a few years back when it got leaked in Australia that the Australian Redcross were taking ridiculous amounts of donations to pay for board members salaries :S - not sure if i can trust them anymore.

I trust the Red Cross. The work they do globally is quite astounding.
02-10-2006 11:12 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

If you want Patchou to be the one handling it then I don't mind, I would rather it be him than anybody else. That doesn't mean that I'm just giving up the project, I still want to play part in it, as I was the one who had the idea in the first place :-/.
02-10-2006 11:13 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: