What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Forum Charity

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Forum Charity
Author: Message:
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Forum Charity
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Not true!

Legit, decent charities do not steal money, and your donations do get to the people in need. In fact, the charities more far better than anyone else to where the money should go. And money is not always what the people in need need; The charities will buy the stuff the people need with the money you send.

Of course there are bad examples which call themself "charities", but they should in no way taken as an example for the legit decent charities.
Yes, but then you get charities like the red cross with all their highly paid executives and such. A lot of money gets paid to employees.

I don't believe traxor will take any of the money for himself.

This post was edited on 02-10-2006 at 11:30 AM by Underlord.
02-10-2006 11:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I just think it would be better if Patchou handled all this as if it does become a front page news item (as some people have previously mentioned) then they'd probably much prefer the owner then a forum member that they wouldn't know :).

I trust you traxor, but i think thats the best way :).
Segosa is newb.
02-10-2006 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
When have I ever not been trustworthy to you, I would handle the money in a professional manner, I would even be happy for the account to be open to more than one person, such as myself, cookie & patchou or something.

I would like you to name one instance of me being untrustworthy when it comes to money, it's going to charity for gods sake, I'm not going to go and steal it. I take the whole charity thing very seriously, and donate to charity whenever I have the possible money to do this, such as when I see somebody outside a shop collecting money, or the money boxes inside shops. Charity is the top priority here, nothing else.
That is not what I am god damn saying!

I just don't go around handing $100-$200 USD to people on the internet who i've never ever met and haven't known for long enough. Personal experience shows me that.
02-10-2006 11:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I think Traxor could manage this fine, but Patchou should have access to the paypal account too. It doesn't really matter if we as regulars trust Traxor or not. When you really want to do this good, what really matters is: Who do most of the Plus! users trust? We're talking about 10million people here. 99% have no clue who Traxor is and therefore have no reason to trust him at all. That's why i think there should be an @msgplus.net/@msgpluslive.net account to paypal to and Patchou should have access to it. Traxor can still manage it all, all Patchou needs to do is monitor everything is going right :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-10-2006 12:00 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
When have I ever not been trustworthy to you, I would handle the money in a professional manner, I would even be happy for the account to be open to more than one person, such as myself, cookie & patchou or something.

I would like you to name one instance of me being untrustworthy when it comes to money, it's going to charity for gods sake, I'm not going to go and steal it. I take the whole charity thing very seriously, and donate to charity whenever I have the possible money to do this, such as when I see somebody outside a shop collecting money, or the money boxes inside shops. Charity is the top priority here, nothing else.
That is not what I am god damn saying!

I just don't go around handing $100-$200 USD to people on the internet who i've never ever met and haven't known for long enough. Personal experience shows me that.

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I just think it would be better if Patchou handled all this as if it does become a front page news item (as some people have previously mentioned) then they'd probably much prefer the owner then a forum member that they wouldn't know :).

I trust you traxor, but i think thats the best way :).

Just leave it there :dodgy:

Ok, so what charities can we donate this money to?
Segosa is newb.
02-10-2006 12:01 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Ok, so what charities can we donate this money to?
ChildLine, Samaritans, CLIC Sargant, Oxfam, Cancer Research, RSPCA, NSPCC [/can't think of anymore off top of head]
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
02-10-2006 12:07 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Forum Charity
Of course Patchou will have access to the account etc. when all of the money stuff is there, and he will be able to access it whenever he wants, for whatever reason he wants... To monitor anything. It would work well that way, as people would trust it more, and it would be more official.
02-10-2006 12:43 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I will donate as soon as my paypal says I have a few bukcs ;) [current account total: $0 USD, $0 CAD total: $0
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-10-2006 03:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Well this certainly sounds like a great idea, maybe we should challenge other websites to donate more and that way we can have a competition that gains more money for charity :).
Segosa is newb.
02-10-2006 08:28 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Forum Charity
That's a really good idea Chestah.
02-10-2006 10:15 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode