What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE
Author: Message:
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
have the maker make it compatible with Plus!
They gave an aparent reason why they do not in their forums.
quote:
stop stealing features
Hardley new that more than one program has some identical features to another; it's called competition
quote:
and in your features list, don't lie about Plus' many features...
There has already been a thread about this, sure their information is biased towards M:M, but why wouldnt it be? Sure it's not the most moral thing ever but it is fair enough, Plus! is their competition.

Not trying to take an M:M side, just looking from neutral perspective.

This post was edited on 02-13-2006 at 05:12 AM by haydos.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

02-13-2006 05:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Just1n

O.P. RE: RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE
quote:
Look buddy, have the maker make it compatible with Plus!, stop stealing features, and in your features list, don't lie about Plus' many features... then maybe we'll try it.

Ok, I'll get right on that. *-)

On a more serious note, try it if you'd like, don't if you don't want to, but don't post here demanding that something be changed to suit your personal needs.  You sound like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
02-13-2006 01:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I agree with Just1n here. Give the guy a break. If you don't like his program, fine, but that isn't a reason to be hostile. If you think his post is just spam for his own site, fine, report the post and shut up about it.

Others are allowed to talk about their Messenger related projects too, why shouldn't he?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-13-2006 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
buqingzi

This post was edited on 08-21-2021 at 07:14 PM by buqingzi.
02-13-2006 08:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Just1n

O.P. RE: RE: Messenger:Mate for MSN Messenger Now FREE
quote:
Originally posted by buqingzi
Ha! Most software developers know this: feedback from your potential customers is VERY important. A developer needs people to give a honest opinion about what THEY want, what they THINK the software is lacking. Especially if the developer is selling the software. If the developer doesn't recognise this, THAT is more equivalent to a toddler throwing a tantrum. Why? Because ANY feedback is useful (your potential customer is telling you what it takes for them to try/buy your software) and so you should appreciate the feedbacks. If you ignore the feedbacks, well that isn't very smart (especially if the software is commercial); but if you actually diss your potential customer for telling you what they think, well that is just dumb. Hence the tantrum throwing analogy.

Also let us agree that outright lies can not be called something like competition, which is actually encouraged. Outright lies are kinda annoying, because you can prove conclusively that it is false (so it is pointless. Pointless things are annoying, to me anyway). Outright lies from an ulterior motive is more than annoying, it is offensive. It is bad. The forum rules don't allow flaming and personal attacks. So I will refrain from questioning the morality of the developer.

Finally, let us exercise something I'd like to call common sense, the rumoured death of which on the net is greatly exaggerated. When you ask people to try some software on the forum of a competing software; and two softwares are not compatiable, for highly questionable reasons (you may disagree with this, but the rest of the paragraph still applies); AND don't state this fact of imcompatibility in your post, well ... hmm.... common sense, like I said.

All that being said, however thank you for bringing this news to the forum.

How are you a customer?  The software is FREE.
02-13-2006 10:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Just1n

How are you a customer?  The software is FREE.

Fine, replace customer with "user" and it still means the same thing and the message still needs to be read.
02-13-2006 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: