What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New WLM build

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
New WLM build
Author: Message:
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
O.P. New WLM build
Windows Live Messenger Build 8.0.0689.00_Branches (Beta) has been publicly released. Although it is *sighs* still a Beta, the official blog (here) says that not much will change between this version and the final (unless they find any major flaws). What I hope this means is that when it IS released as a final, Messenger Plus! Live 4.0 will be able to be released very shortly afterwards.

The new Beta is a bit different from previous ones, but I don't think WLM 8 is that far removed from MSN Messenger 7.5.

Please reply to let me know what you think, and if it is as buggy as the last version.
Meat Loaf 6409 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes, 3 seconds ago and in 6184 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes, 3 seconds ago!!! :D
05-03-2006 08:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: New WLM build
just as buggy an crappy IMO ..taking up to 50MB Memory. thats with the contact list Open , im sure its bound to get higher
05-03-2006 08:23 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Yeah, 75MB here with the contact list open., 82MB with the contact list and a chat open (1 chat)...
05-03-2006 08:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Yeah mine takes up to about 50k mem when the chat list is open.. 20k otherwise.. and with chat windows it takes up even more..Thats pretty crap IMO, although the new interface looks nice and the colour scheme is better. I Still think its too cluttered but a-patch fixes that nicely. Thank god for ad-ons and patches.

This post was edited on 05-03-2006 at 08:27 AM by Pyroteq.
05-03-2006 08:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
scifiswain

– / Female / –
Hello, I know you'll all think me really, really, really stupid, but I was just reading this thread and was wondering if I could try out the latest build too.  How do I do that?  and is there anything really bad I should know about it if I am going to try it?  You see my system is a little unstable at the moment anyway, still managable though.

Anyway, if someone could direct me as to downloading the latest build would be good.

Thanks.
05-03-2006 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
they'd better get teh memory usage down soon or it won't be that popular
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6657 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes, 3 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
05-03-2006 08:58 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
its a shame that Messenger is taking up so much memory, people will just go to programs like trillian once people see how much memory WLM8 uses,  which wont do patchou any good with MPL4 on the way, . the MSN team need to work on getting its Mem usage down
05-03-2006 08:58 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Im hitting 33,000 kb memory usage :S Almost doubled from the previous public beta build (my computer anyway) :S I agree with the majority that the memory needs to be dropped, although i dont think it will drive users away.
...there used to be a signature here :)
05-03-2006 09:50 AM
sufcste

Bring on the Premiership!

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: New WLM build
quote:
Originally posted by scifiswain
Hello, I know you'll all think me really, really, really stupid, but I was just reading this thread and was wondering if I could try out the latest build too.  How do I do that?  and is there anything really bad I should know about it if I am going to try it?  You see my system is a little unstable at the moment anyway, still managable though.

Anyway, if someone could direct me as to downloading the latest build would be good.

Thanks.

Just go to http://ideas.live.com and sign up - everyone is accepted now and you can download the Beta from there.
Meat Loaf 6409 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes, 3 seconds ago and in 6184 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes, 3 seconds ago!!! :D
05-03-2006 12:02 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Im hitting 33,000 kb memory usage (Smilie) Almost doubled from the previous public beta build (my computer anyway) (Smilie) I agree with the majority that the memory needs to be dropped, although i dont think it will drive users away
i wouldnt be so sure of that. thats why many people use trillian an or other IM clients because of the Memory hog. not everyone has powerfull with a huge amount of memory in there system
05-03-2006 12:14 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: