What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
Author: Message:
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It the delete button is not enabled it means you _ARE_ on their lists! So why using that as an example and even persist on that while your complain is that you are not on their lists? (and tbh, you can't know that for sure unless you actually have access to those (faulty?) accounts).

Using this example is ideal to focus on how weird in the problem, and that it is not a usual delete.

How have i discovered that? well one day, after i found that thing, a friend was at my home, he logged on the other pc,and then told me ARE YOU BLOCKING ME. i said no but i have this issue bla bla, so he looked at his list, and never found me, i looked in my list, and he wasn't online, however he is in my list, so i went to the privacy tag, and the delete wasn't enabled.

So since i found that, i started to repeat the same things for all those who i suspect or discover having the same problem.
That's why i wanted to insiste on this point exactly and the one about them not being online in my list.

Regarding the unsufficient info i have provided, well i have provided them with a list of all the emails who i have experienced problems with, along to more accurant details each time, and as i have said, some understood my problem them i was transfered to another person and started with him/her from zero, no sooner they get a figure about my issue than i find my self transfered to someone else.

Regarding my password and the older thread, well it wasn't a ordinary idea for me that they ask for my password to check the errors in my account, however after i have posted here, i decided to give them the permissions, which i have also gave 2 times later on.

Regarding my english :P :P, inspite that i might have some grammar mistakes or some spelling mistakes but i guess the idea was clear. isn't.

last but not least, i guess you have figured out by now, what is happening with my email, and you understand that it wasn't a simple error, and by some way my email was deleted, MY FOR ONCE, but from many of my friend's email, and again as i was illustrating for msn support about the privacy tag delete thingy, and the online list thingy, i want you also to understand that it has something to do with the problem, because it is something not normal.

Regards
05-08-2006 01:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
How have i discovered that? well one day, after i found that thing, a friend was at my home, he logged on the other pc,and then told me ARE YOU BLOCKING ME. i said no but i have this issue bla bla, so he looked at his list, and never found me, i looked in my list, and he wasn't online, however he is in my list, so i went to the privacy tag, and the delete wasn't enabled.
appart from being something wierd, it could also simply mean you are still on one of his other lists... the contact list isn't everything.

Have you also checked with for example NoRoom's listmanager and looked at your reverse list? (the reverse list indicates who has you on their contact list). The same for that other guy, he could also check his reverse list, together with his allow list and block list.

quote:
Regarding my english :P :P, inspite that i might have some grammar mistakes or some spelling mistakes but i guess the idea was clear. isn't.
yes, but maybe not towards others or right at the first time. I don't say it is totally not understandable, but it might be the cause of some confussions which the ball of frustration gets rolling...

quote:
last but not least, i guess you have figured out by now, what is happening with my email, and you understand that it wasn't a simple error
(...)
because it is something not normal.
It sure is not something normal, but it's also something we can do nothing about it other than suggestion to keep in contact with the support team. How hard that might be, they are also there to help you, dispite confussions which might occur.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-08-2006 03:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Have you also checked with for example NoRoom's listmanager and looked at your reverse list? (the reverse list indicates who has you on their contact list). The same for that other guy, he could also check his reverse list, together with his allow list and block list.

Well no i didn't and now it is too late i guess, however i still dont know who still have my email or not, i had to contact most of them, some had no reply, some added me again, and some :/ simple replied giving me their email to add them :/ :P

Just to illustrate more, one of my friends which we also discovered that my email isn't in his list, had his email for only 2 month, and he has only 10 accounts, moreover he barely use his account, so he has the same contact since he opened his account. this also implise that contact list usage doesn't have anything to this problem.

I guess for some reason, ONE day, and for once, some problem occured with msn servers that caused for some reason deleting my account, and sure many others from  other's contact list.
i dont think that i'm the only in this world who  experienced that:P.

regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

Ok, i have somehow a good news, now someone of them understands my problem.
quote:
I understand it according to your email, you email address is disappearing from the contact list of your friends.

I understand this contacts are still saved in your contact list.

I hope they don't switch me to another agent, eventhough he still didn't catch the because he proposed exporting then importing my contact list, "This way, the contacts will receive once again the add invitation and the issue should be resolved" according to the agent again, but i dont think adding someone who is in your list, will display the adding message on his/her screen is that true?.

However i have tried, and it says all contacts are already in your list,so i guess that wont help, hope i'm wrong

ciao
05-09-2006 05:50 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
However i have tried, and it says all contacts are already in your list,so i guess that wont help, hope i'm wrong
Report this same thing back to that helpdesk guy; say that messenger said that they are already on the list and it didn't help....

------

Also, (and maybe he did meant to d it this way, dunno), after you have exported your list, delete all the contacts from your contactlist. Also delete all the contacts (the ones you can delete) from your allow list and block list. In other words, make everything empty (this can easly be done with norooms' list manager). After that signout and close messenger completely. Restart Messenger and import back the exported contactlist.

Again report this back, in the same detailed step by step manner and tell them the result.
05-09-2006 10:03 AM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Report this same thing back to that helpdesk guy; say that messenger said that they are already on the list and it didn't help....
Already did.

quote:
Also, (and maybe he did meant to d it this way, dunno
he just said exactly was

quote:
I understand this contacts are still saved in your contact list. What I suggest you to try is to create a backup of the contact list and then re add it to MSN Messenger.

This way, the contacts will receive once again the add invitation and the issue should be resolved.

So he didn't ask to delete anything.

Umm regarding your method CookieRevised i understand what you mean, and that if I delete them, adding them will act as a new email, and those who dont have my email will be added to my list like for the 1st time, and they will get the popup notification about someone wasn't to add them. BUT. (and i again i hope i'm wrong) i  beleive  that the server still thinks that I _am_ in their contact list, and what sheds light on my point is the weird behaviour of the Allowed list under the privacy tag, which i have explained  before. (and maybe having them offline when they are online also related to that).

Anyway i have contact msn support again with what i have menitoned above, but i still need you opinion

regards

05-09-2006 10:32 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
he just said exactly was

quote:
I understand this contacts are still saved in your contact list. What I suggest you to try is to create a backup of the contact list and then re add it to MSN Messenger.

This way, the contacts will receive once again the add invitation and the issue should be resolved.

So he didn't ask to delete anything.
"re-adding" might (note: might) imply that you delete them first.

quote:
Umm regarding your method CookieRevised i understand what you mean, and that if I delete them, adding them will act as a new email, and those who dont have my email will be added to my list like for the 1st time, and they will get the popup notification about someone wasn't to add them. BUT. (and i again i hope i'm wrong) i  beleive  that the server still thinks that I _am_ in their contact list,
No, if you add a contact to your list it doesn't matter if they already have you on their list or not. It is about your contactlist, not theirs. They will recieve a popup because _they_ need to confirm if they want to be visible in _your_ list, not vice versa.

This post was edited on 05-09-2006 at 10:41 AM by CookieRevised.
05-09-2006 10:41 AM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
No, if you add a contact to your list it doesn't matter if they already have you on their list or not. It is about your contactlist, not theirs. They will recieve a popup because _they_ need to confirm if they want to be visible in _your_ list, not vice versa.

Well for what i have tested a while ago, my testings contratic all what you and I have mentioned before:/
Deleting someone (then restart msn bla bla)then readding him/her will not result any popup at any case nor if I hadn't him in my list nor if we both didn't have each others in each contact list. (of course this  case is only for emails that have deleted you, not applied to new added emails). 

So what to do :/

ciao
05-09-2006 11:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
it doesn't contradict though, it has to do with their allow list and in what lists you are/aren't on their account and also with other options they have or haven't ticked in messenger (and I'm not only talking about the "only allow contacts in my allow list to see my status" as that has actually not much todo in this case). If they have already allowed you in their allow list, they wont get a popup (in general speaking, again depending on other options they might have ticked or not ticked).

Search the forums, I once made a post how all those lists relate to eachother and how it works (in concearn to when you can/can't delete someone and when they get/dont get a popup)

quote:
So what to do :/
keep in contact with msn support, and don't rely too much on your own testing as wrong conclussions are made too easly sometimes. ;)

This post was edited on 05-09-2006 at 12:08 PM by CookieRevised.
05-09-2006 12:05 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
If they have already allowed you in their allow list, they wont get a popup

then it seems like that method wont help because i'm already in those guys allowed list :/ so adding them all again isn't the right idea, because in any case they wont get the popup and adds me to their list.

05-09-2006 12:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
If they have already allowed you in their allow list, they wont get a popup

then it seems like that method wont help because i'm already in those guys allowed list :/ so adding them all again isn't the right idea, because in any case they wont get the popup and adds me to their list.
don't jump to conclussions, it isn't because he might not get a popup that internally addresses will not be exchanged. ;)

This post was edited on 05-09-2006 at 12:49 PM by CookieRevised.
05-09-2006 12:48 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: