What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
Well i was replying / referring to adding me again, as we were discussing if they should add me again, so provided that they added me again, and i wasn't in there contact list because of this error, after adding me the block ICON should appear because i was already blocked and adding someone doesn't unblock him.
No.

1) it does not matter, in this case, if you are on their contact list or not. _You_ will see a block icon only if _you_ have explicitly blocked _them_. Otherwise (if they blocked you) you would simply see them offline.

2) The block icon you see on _your_ contactlist depends on _your_ settings for that contact, not vice versa.

3) They will see you blocked when they have blocked you.

4) If you are not in any of their lists (not in the contactlist, not in the allow list, not in the block list), and they add you again, they will see your status. If you had them already on your contact list and you have blocked them, you will see a block icon and they will see you offline.

5) If you are not in in their contactlist, but you are on their block list, and they add you again, they will see a blocked icon.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
EXACTLY as we and msn support said!!!!!!!!!!
they poped online (online indicator), not the Add contact confirmation popup.
Then they are already on your allowed list, unlike you implied before.

quote:
so this clear the idea that i wasn't at all in their not allowed list.
No. That doesn't have anything to do with it.

The "allow this contact" popup depends on _your_ settings and _your_ allow list not theirs (and vice versa).

quote:
you were asking me to add them or they add me, and the popup that confirm adding should appear, not the useronline popup :/
1) I didn't ask you to do that. I explained why adding a contact would give a popup in certain cases and not a popup in other cases. Again, you will not get a popup if they are already on your allowed list.

And also, you are confussing things and jumping to conclussion again. They adding you will/will not (depending on their settings) give a popup on their side, not on your side. You orginally said:
quote:
Well if i'm not in their allowed list, adding me again will add me to their allowed list?
This is different than what you are saying/implying now...

This post was edited on 05-11-2006 at 11:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-11-2006 11:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
1) it does not matter, in this case, if you are on their contact list or not. _You_ will see a block icon only if _you_ have explicitly blocked _them_. Otherwise (if they blocked you) you would simply see them offline.
quote:
3) They will see you blocked when they have blocked you.

^^ duh, cookierevised:P lol who doesnt know that. I meant they will see the block icon in _their_ list on _my_ buddylist icon :D.

quote:
5) If you are not in in their contactlist, but you are on their block list, and they add you again, they will see a blocked icon.
This is it, not the above one, this is what i meant.

So appearantly, i wasn't at all in anyone's (people with the problem) block list. Because when they added me, they didn't see the block icon, i immediately apeared online in their list (like nothing happend:P). same for them, they immediatley appeared online in my list.

so i guess this approves that  i wasn't at all in their blocklist. isn't?!

see ya
05-11-2006 11:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
^^ duh, cookierevised:P lol who doesnt know that. I meant they will see the block icon in _their_ list on _my_ buddylist icon :D.
Because of the so confussing stuff you post (and wrong conclussions), I couldn't be sure anymore in what you know or don't know, sorry.

It's better to be clear and not assuming things for granted, instead of being confussing and vague.

quote:
So appearantly, i wasn't at all in anyone's (people with the problem) block list. Because when they added me, they didn't see the block icon, i immediately apeared online in their list (like nothing happend:P). same for them, they immediatley appeared online in my list.
Then indeed you are not on their block list (anymore) and they are not in your block list (anymore).

And quite frankly, this is exactly why MSN support has told you what they told you in the first place. This whole thread wouldn't exist if you simply did what was asked and not jumped to conclussions or did stuff which you thought would be appropiate... sorry

And since simply adding them showed them in your list as online again and you on their list online again, it also shows that there wasn't in fact any problem at all and that for some reason you simply removed the contacts from you allow list or vice versa (eg: accidently pressing the delete button when messing around with the various lists or whatever) or that you/they changed the option that "only allowed contacts can see your status" (while not having them/you in the allowed list all along).

This post was edited on 05-11-2006 at 11:52 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-11-2006 11:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Does any know where to report msn team bad behaviour
quote:
Then indeed you are not on their block list (anymore) and they are not in your block list (anymore).
finnally!! now can you tell me WHY when my email disappeared from their list, they didn't appear online in my list anymore and not untill they add me again? (I'm not blocked in their list, nor they in mine).

quote:
And quite frankly, this is exactly why MSN support has told you what they told you in the first place.
do u mean adding them all again ?

quote:
And since simply adding them showed them in your list as online again and you on their list online again, it also shows that there wasn't in fact any problem at all and that for some reason you simply removed the contacts from you allow list or vice versa (eg: accidently pressing the delete button when messing around with the various lists or whatever)
No, no, now you dont jump into conculusion ;) :P (no offence)
There is indeed a problem, it is NOT possible that 26 contacts deleted me by mistake, and at the same time (because they were almost all discovered in the same week, so the problem occered at once) and it is not possible that i deleted them because they have been always in my list and till now. And it is not possible that between a night and a new day (stupid idiom :P) they all changed their privacy settings, and it is NOT at all the that the privacy setting also resulted deleting my account.

mate, i guess the problem is getting more clear, and it is not that simple one. and there is nothing by these contacts to add me again that can solve it, or that msn support readd me again to their list(prety optimistics, it wont happen).

see ya
05-11-2006 12:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: