What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Gmail with MSN

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Gmail with MSN
Author: Message:
volkl

Haro

– / Male / –
O.P. Gmail with MSN
I've searched around a bit but can't find the answer I'm after.

I don't want to set up my Gmail as a POP3 account thing with MSN which opens in Outlook etc. I want it so that when I click the "My Email Inbox" thing on MSN, it will take me to my Gmail account in the browser, in exactly the same way it does with your Hotmail account.

Is this possible?
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0324
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.63.0148

[Image: mininana.gif][Image: cownana.gif]
05-22-2006 09:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Gmail with MSN
quote:
Originally posted by volkl

I've searched around a bit but can't find the answer I'm after.

I don't want to set up my Gmail as a POP3 account thing with MSN which opens in Outlook etc. I want it so that when I click the "My Email Inbox" thing on MSN, it will take me to my Gmail account in the browser, in exactly the same way it does with your Hotmail account.

Is this possible?
hmmm i dont think that is quite possible :S There is a slight chance i might be wrong though :( Im not sure if the my inbox thing has the capability of redirecting to a .net passport other than one ending with msn.com or hotmail.com (well hotmail.co* to be precise ... that includes all co.uk's and stuff ;))
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-22-2006 10:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Not possible via the standard MsgPlus! nor do any plugins for MsgPlus! exist to do this afaik, if the option was available it would have to be made with specific compatibility for Gmail which; with probably less than half of the MsgPlus! population using Gmail is not entirely feasible.
05-22-2006 12:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The closest alternative you can do to this, is set-up pop3 e-mail checking in Messenger Plus! (by going to preferences > POP3 E-Mail) then click on More Options... and type in http://www.gmail.com into the box.

This wont work in the exact same way, but to quickly go to your e-mail you can click on the Plus! icon in the contact list and then click on "E-Mails in yourname@gmail.com: X"
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
05-22-2006 12:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
with probably less than half of the MsgPlus! population using Gmail is not entirely feasible.
Less than half is setill a couple of million people. It's just how much work it'd be to actually implement this.

Edit: Should have said it'd be a plugin.

This post was edited on 05-22-2006 at 08:39 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-22-2006 03:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
with probably less than half of the MsgPlus! population using Gmail is not entirely feasible.
Less than half is setill a couple of million people. It's just how much work it'd be to actually implement this.
You should know by now that Plus! never changes how a certain button in MSNM/WLM works. Checking extra POP3 accounts as a Plus! feature and beeing able to set a website or program to open it with is asfar as it goes. If this feature is wanted one should suggest it to Microsoft themselves.

This post was edited on 05-22-2006 at 04:13 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-22-2006 04:13 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Couldn't this be possible with some kind of patch? (Since I think that clicking on the email button opens up some kind of link? Couldn't the link be changed?)
05-22-2006 04:49 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alby
Couldn't this be possible with some kind of patch? (Since I think that clicking on the email button opens up some kind of link? Couldn't the link be changed?)

Plus is already capable of doing that.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
(by going to preferences > POP3 E-Mail) then click on More Options... and type in http://www.gmail.com into the box.

I'm not really sure, but doesn't this solve volkl's problem, or am i missing something?
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-22-2006 05:01 PM
volkl

Haro

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Gmail with MSN
quote:
The closest alternative you can do to this, is set-up pop3 e-mail checking in Messenger Plus! (by going to preferences > POP3 E-Mail) then click on More Options... and type in http://www.gmail.com into the box.

This wont work in the exact same way, but to quickly go to your e-mail you can click on the Plus! icon in the contact list and then click on "E-Mails in yourname@gmail.com: X"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this method open my emails using a program such as Outlook?
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0324
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.63.0148

[Image: mininana.gif][Image: cownana.gif]
05-22-2006 07:44 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by volkl
quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this method open my emails using a program such as Outlook?
You can choose wether you want a program to open it or if you want to go to the website...just click "more options" button.

[Image: pop-2account.png]

POP3 E-Mail Tutorial

This post was edited on 05-22-2006 at 07:55 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-22-2006 07:54 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: