What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Rename Contact feature - Gone?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Author: Message:
__smooth__

– / Male / –
RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
i just want to say i miss it too. just another opinion so you can see how many people want it back BAD =P
06-27-2006 02:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bartmdq

– / Male / –
i have 231 contacts, and i rename witch messenger plus! 70 contacts. :o:(

I think if somebody let me import the preferences to messenger live... or change the .pld to txt or other file compatible to copy / paste :( because i have 70 contacts to rename :( please help...
06-27-2006 06:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Aeryn

– / Female / –
Indeed, I'm also one of the people who relied very much on the custom name feature, and have come to consider it an essential part of Plus. The renaming feature provided by WLM is a very lousy alternative to what Plus' feature offered, so I very much hope the latter will be brought back.
06-27-2006 07:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bartmdq

– / Male / –
I really think to back to MSN 7.5 and messenger plus!... :(
06-27-2006 07:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
squarehead0101

I've just downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus Live.

I too had renamed a large number of my contacts using the function under the old Messenger Plus and have realised that they haven't transfered across.

Whilst, I'd love it to be done automatically, I'd be happy just to find out what names I'd given all my contacts in the previous version I had of messenger - Is there a way this can be done ???

06-28-2006 01:03 PM
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Yeah, the data is still in your comp. Just uninstall WLM then reinstall 7.5 and the old Messenger Plus!, then you'll see the old renames again.

Thanks everyone for supporting this. I think we should now have enough people supproting the bring-back of this feature to make Patchou think
06-28-2006 01:16 PM
sacch

47 / Male / –
Well,

I think I have read many of this thread. My wy of thought is that because the decision made by WLM plus! is uncertained, I have to go back to both the old version of msn and msgplus.

Just wondering if Patchou have decided in what way is WLM plus! going to deal with this problem. I wish in whatever decision that WLM plus! is going to make, will be compitable with future WLM development.

However, if Patchou is worried about if his development is going to be replaced by WLM future development, then there will be no way to improve for WLM plus!, because furture is unpredictable, everything can happen.

A better way of doing this might be: to replace the current modification of users on WLM of their contact renaming parameters by the old parameters stored in his/her machine database, but if some new data is available in the current WLM, the program can popup a window allowing user to choose which data to preserve. I wish we will still have the abilitiy to show both our contacts' names and the names we given to them.

Finally, still have to thank Patchou's hard working on this brand new program. Thank you Patchou.
06-28-2006 01:42 PM
asmith3006

The thing I really miss about the Plus! method of doing the contact renaming is that with the WLM version if you put contacts on the desktop then the nickname isn't used, just the screen name :( (although I'm happy to be proved wrong..)

Anyways, I can't be bothered to transfer all my old contact nicknames over, so I've gone back :)
07-03-2006 12:13 PM
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
May i add something to this topic..

The way Microsoft does it is WAY more better!
Why? Because it's saved server side, so every where you sign in at a WLM version, no matter where you are, the names are allways the same..
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
07-03-2006 02:19 PM
nikosATH

– / Male / –
Personally I use 4 different MSN accounts... in total I have over 500 contacts (each account is for different "reason")
The only feature I used MSN+ was because I was able to remember who-is-who in this chaos... and now it's gone...
I certainly WON'T be using MSN+ in the future not only because the developers removed probably the single most important use of it for the majority of users but mainly because I feel cheated and left without support since I was never given the option to transfer this HUGE amount of work I have done over the years to the latest upgrade....
What has been done is a SHAME to all the people who trust and use "unofficial" software and plugins...
What happened with MSN+ must be a lesson to NEVER AGAIN use programs/plugins that are not officially Microsoft written and endorsed!

This post was edited on 07-05-2006 at 09:35 AM by nikosATH.
07-05-2006 09:35 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: