What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Rename Contact feature - Gone?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
quote:
Originally posted by nikosATH
The only feature I used Msg+ was because I was able to remember who-is-who in this chaos... and now it's gone...
I certainly WON'T be using Msg+ in the future not only because the developers removed probably the single most important use of it for the majority of users but mainly because I feel cheated and left without support since I was never given the option to transfer this HUGE amount of work I have done over the years to the latest upgrade....

What has been done is a SHAME to all the people who trust and use "unofficial" software and plugins...
What happened with Msg+ must be a lesson to NEVER AGAIN use programs/plugins that are not officially Microsoft written and endorsed!
May I strongly note, again, as has been posted many times before, that nothing is removed!!!

Messenger Plus! Live is programmed from scratch. This means that not all features have been implemented yet from the start. It takes a while to put everything back into Plus!Live. Remeber that Messenger Plus! was made over a couple of years; it is very normal that not everything can be put back in in a total rewrite in just a couple of months.

PS: and it is MSG Plus!, not MSN Plus as that is an entirly different product nothing todo with Patchou.

This post was edited on 07-06-2006 at 08:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-06-2006 08:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Alright. From what we have read, it has been made quite clear to all of us that Patchou didn't REMOVE it, he just didn't ADD it. Please stop flaming him over this as it isn't actually his fault,

So, now all we can and SHOULD do it to try to convince Patchou that his old renaming contacts feature is one of the main reasons we use Messenger Plus, and that we would really appreciate it if he restored the feature AND the old parameters to our old renamed contacts so that we don't have to rename them all over again.

Once again, Patchou, I plead that the feature be restored. Waiting for WLM to make their move will not do us any good. Instead, you should be trying to impove your program by adding features which they don't have! The rename contact feature is Messenger Plus!'s trademark, so please restore it.

Go, PATCHOU!!!
08-09-2006 03:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sacch

47 / Male / –
I thought everybody has forgot this thread already. Although I am so disappointed. However, I am still using 7.5 --- at least I have something to rely on.
The reason for not using new version is that I really don't want to manually move those contact names one by one. They are simply too many and error prone. Another reason is there are some plug-in's not available for the new version. For example,  StuffPlug-NG.
So... still waiting... waiting...

Anyway, waiting is not so painful. Hopeless is painful.
I havn't seen any hope on this "improvement" so far (as it is not a put-back function, it should be some kind of improvement).

All we can do is to wait.

This post was edited on 08-10-2006 at 01:01 AM by sacch.
08-10-2006 12:54 AM
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
You got that right. It's already sour enough to not be able to use WLM, yet not getting response from Patchou regarding this feature, is MUCH worse.

Throughout the forums, I think that obviously this feature is among one of the most wanted. More importantly, we need our old renames to load in MSG Plus! LIVE so that we don't have to rename them all from scratch. We have hundreds of contacts, so renaming them all over again would be a pain, and unpractical.
08-10-2006 12:59 AM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
He's already said what he is going to say about it! He is first working on getting bugs irened out, THEN he will add new features... But for the moment, there is a WLM nickname feature. If he when he looks at it thinks he can do it better, he will... But as mentioned on numorous occasions its not a priority.

Patchou doesn't have time to answer every thread saying it's gone when yet it has been mentioned many times before.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6706 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes, 3 seconds ago
08-10-2006 01:24 AM
bcpub

Just to support this function once more!
09-02-2006 09:15 AM
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
I'm still supporting and awaiting a response on this. It may not come, but I can hope hard because I still can't move to Windows Live Messenger as a result of this.
12-13-2006 04:21 PM
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
IHey all,

It's been a while since I've been checking out how things were going on around here. Has there been any developments towards this feature for Windows Live Messenger yet? To date, I am STILL stuck with MSN Messenger 7.5 due to this incompatibility. Is there any way that I can convert all my Rename Contacts databases to a format compatible with Windows Live Messenger or Messenger Plus! Live?

Thanks
04-07-2007 02:03 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Samanoske Akechi
IHey all,

It's been a while since I've been checking out how things were going on around here. Has there been any developments towards this feature for Windows Live Messenger yet? To date, I am STILL stuck with MSN Messenger 7.5 due to this incompatibility. Is there any way that I can convert all my Rename Contacts databases to a format compatible with Windows Live Messenger or Messenger Plus! Live?

Thanks
There is no easy converter I'm sorry.  The best solution I can give you is a pen (or pencil) and paper and write them down beside their email and put them in.  It'll take time but it'll be less than the time it has taken you to wait, it should be a couple of hours at the most (it depends on the size of your contact list obviously).
[Image: markee.png]
04-07-2007 02:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
Thanks for the reply, mate. However, if you refered into the first few pages of this thread, you'd find that those of us suffering from this dilenma have an extremely plausible reason to ask for a better solution than renaming everything from scratch. Simply said, our contacts go by the thousands. ;) Could you imagine yourself copying thousands of sentences then retyping them in? It's possible of course, but definitely not practical. After all, we ARE using Messenger Plus! as a convenience, right?
04-07-2007 11:52 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: