What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A lot of functions lost... :'(

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
A lot of functions lost... :'(
Author: Message:
Zayl

O.P. A lot of functions lost... :'(
Hello ! I'm French and I'm a little disappointed because I didn't find my favorite functions :

- Where the heck is the function "quote" ?? I can't quote any more in my conversations :'( Can we add it?
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ? Because of course we can do it with WLM, but the problem is that when we put a nickname to a contact, when we put the cursor on this contact we only see the nickname we have given him (and NOT his original nickname) ! So will there be an "Msg plus! Extra" function to do like in Msg Plus (normal) ?

PS: But what I love is the search engine in the Msg Plus! Sound ;p, great !

Note: Does somebody know how to not regroupe all the instant-messages you send in ONE instant message (till your contact doesnt talk) ?

Thanks a lot for your replies...
06-25-2006 10:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
AamirJ

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'(
quote:
Originally posted by Zayl
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ? Because of course we can do it with WLM, but the problem is that when we put a nickname to a contact, when we put the cursor on this contact we only see the nickname we have given him (and NOT his original nickname) ! So will there be an "Msg plus! Extra" function to do like in Msg Plus (normal) ?

You can see their names by right clicking your contact, clicking on edit nickname, and then deleting the nickname
06-25-2006 11:15 AM
mufaa

Yes many of the features has been taken out.

I miss the feature u can add shortcut to ur personalised status. It was very useful and u cld assign ur status quickly.
06-25-2006 11:20 AM
Darkshrimp

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'(
quote:
Originally posted by AamirJ
quote:

You can see their names by right clicking your contact, clicking on edit nickname, and then deleting the nickname

yea but..that's very very troublesome..
06-25-2006 11:29 AM
Ian2773

51 / Male / –
quote:
Note: Does somebody know how to not regroupe all the instant-messages you send in ONE instant message (till your contact doesnt talk) ?

That's a WLM feature, but to disable it, go to Tools > Options > Messages and tick the box where it says Show "contact says" before every message.

Hope that helped.
06-25-2006 11:48 AM
Zayl

O.P. RE: A lot of functions lost... :'(
Thanks a lot Ian2773 :D
06-25-2006 12:12 PM
jerone

i like it

37 / Male / –
quote:

i really mis that option also, all my prefious names has gone lost

i thought ofcourse this option will stay, so i didnt backed it up, now its lost

i like the rest of MsgPlusLive though
[Image: Jerone.png]
06-25-2006 12:33 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
- Where the heck is the function "quote" ?? I can't quote any more in my conversations :'( Can we add it?
The old Quoting Feature has been redesigned.

It is available in the Plus! menu on the formatting toobar in a conversation: Show previous messages...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=675015]

You can also access this using the shortcuts Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down. To enable these enable the next option in the preferences: Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Main > Enable quick access to previously sent messages with Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down.

Currently this feature only records stuff you've send, not the text from contacts.

quote:
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ?
The custom contact feature is not (yet) added. It might be in the future.

See: "CookieRevised's reply to Rename Contact feature - Gone?"

.png File Attachment: Image1.png (4.71 KB)
This file has been downloaded 943 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-29-2006 at 11:51 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 12:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Crazymalaysian

I dont think these features were removed, just that Patchou probably wanted to make the deadline and in doing so, had to remove some functions to make it on time. Messenger plus was completely rewritten for this version, and so progressively we'll probably see all of the missing features back in future revisions.
06-25-2006 12:49 PM
Darkshrimp

ok, found out something, if you have the tabbed chat on, the person's original name will appear on the bar :) so it's all good.
06-25-2006 01:03 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: