What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Rename Contact = Irony?

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Rename Contact = Irony?
Author: Message:
kaiconan

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Rename Contact = Irony?
Is that some kind irony for people like me using MSG Plus! "rename contact"?

A lot of us know that MSG Plus! Live does not support "reneme contact" for older ver. so is that means the users have to copy and paste by there mouse a thousand times?

If people using Hotmail or MSN mail, they can copy the contact list into Hotmail or MSN mail.  However, Poeple like me using Gmail or Yahoo! mail has to be punished(?) just because we dont using Hotmail or MSN mail?

I would like to ask MSG Plus! Group gives another program to help the people like me to trans "Reneme Contact" from MSG Plus! to WLM now functions.  If MSG Plus! dont has any good ideas about "Service after selling"... more people will stop using MSG Plus! Live for sure!

I wish that my opinion is very clearly sent to MSG Plus! Group.
[Image: SignatureV2.gif]
06-27-2006 04:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
quote:
Originally posted by kaiconan
I would like to ask MSG Plus! Group gives another program to help the people like me to trans "Reneme Contact" from MSG Plus! to WLM now functions.  If MSG Plus! dont has any good ideas about "Service after selling"... more people will stop using MSG Plus! Live for sure!
as this has be said MANY times on the forum already, the rename a contact feature may be added back in if the WLM version of the feature does not improve

people have to remember 2 things:
1. search before you post, most likly your question has been answered
2. it took 8 months of recodeing to get plus!live to where it is now, not every feature could be added back in, things have to be prioratized, and if you are thinking, "OMG THIS FEATURE IS A PRIORITY", thats only YOUR opinion, it may not be a priority to others

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 05:46 AM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6621 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes, 37 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
06-27-2006 05:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
2. it took 8 months of recodeing to get plus!live to where it is now, not every feature could be added back in, things have to be prioratized, and if you are thinking, "OMG THIS FEATURE IS A PRIORITY", thats only YOUR opinion, it may not be a priority to others
And with that I'm sure Patchou coded thing in some sort of order that made it easier for him to code.... His job isn't easy... it's long and tireless.... and as a lot of people don't know... He's the ONLY one coding this awesome program and it takes months of work.... He's not God ;) MP!L isn't fully complete yet, and there are still many improvments to be made with all the feedback he'll recieve.
06-27-2006 05:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
Yeah, as users we have to think about this.  This isn't just the normal update to spice things up.  This has been completely recoded, it's a new program started from scrath basically.  Not adding on to what already exists...  If every feature in the old Plus! were included in this Plus! it would take quite some time longer to code, thus not being released around the release of WLM.  Would you rather have what you have now, or wait longer for the final.  The way I'm looking at this is just a hold over until Patchou can have time to include the other things.  I, like many, am missing some of the features not included but I'm also loving the fact we have what we have.  After all, Patchou has a life outside of Plus! and we're not paying him to make this product for us.
06-27-2006 05:49 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
As NiteMare said its all about piorities. WLM already has this feature (albiet it not as good as the old Plus! 3 version) so its hardly high in the piority list for this first release :).
Segosa is newb.
06-27-2006 05:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kaiconan

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by kaiconan
as this has be said MANY times on the forum already, the rename a contact feature may be added back in if the WLM version of the feature does not improve

people have to remember 2 things:
1. search before you post, most likly your question has been answered

If you said this has been told MANY times, MSG Plus! has to notice that this is big problem and MSG Plus! has to improve this problem!

Many users told MSG about this means MSG Plus! can not just stop the function without any other way to solve this problem...

Please thinks about the way of user thinks... and understand what does the user really need MSG Plus! improve...
06-27-2006 03:38 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
It's not a big problem... most people just don't know that WLM has rename contacts.... that's the problem... over the next month or two I'm sure they'll improve that feature till it's like how MsgPlus! had it.... Be patient.
06-27-2006 03:52 PM
kaiconan

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
It's not a big problem... most people just don't know that WLM has rename contacts.... that's the problem... over the next month or two I'm sure they'll improve that feature till it's like how MsgPlus! had it.... Be patient.

You are miss understanding!
The big problem is MSN 7.5 dont has Reneame Contect so that poeple choose use Plus!

But now... poeple try to back up form Plus! so that they can trans to WLM... However, Plus! Live dont have any of this kind of functions... that means people have to copy and paste by their hands 100 times 'Coz they had trust Plus! before... now they feel Plus! Live betray them... it is ugly!

Plus! must improve this so that people can export Rename Contect from older ver to WLM rename contect.
06-27-2006 11:15 PM
frewys

Pleeeeeease!!! This IS the reason i use plus!
Please let there be some kind of export feauture so i can translate them preferably to Mess Live renamed account.

Regards

Frewys
07-10-2006 05:28 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by frewys
Pleeeeeease!!! This IS the reason i use plus!
Please let there be some kind of export feauture so i can translate them preferably to Mess Live renamed account.

Regards

Frewys
It will be faster if you just rename your contacts again rather than waiting for such a feature to exist O_o.

lazy people :P.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-10-2006 05:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: