What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » lost log!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
lost log!
Author: Message:
.. .

O.P. Huh?  lost log!
there i was happily chattin and viewing a chatlog(encrypted html) from earlier in tha evening when i closed tha actual chat window in msn (same one i was viewing) and kaput! tha entire chat log for that contact dissapered.. . :@ (only had started logging that day) i have done many searches on my computer and none have turned up anything.. . i am quite angry about this an tried 2 contact patchou personally an learned i couldnt do so.. only 2 waste 2 hours trying 2 register for this stupid forum (no insult guys) but i am really quite annoyed as it was a VERY important chat and i had started logging with plus encrypted logs becouse i thought it was more secure... obviously not.. neway anyone who could help or offer any advice wouldnt be much appreciated.. .
07-09-2006 10:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: lost log!
What happens if you try and open the chat log by going to Plus! > Open Chat Log in the conversation for that person? Have you checked the folder where the logs are to see if it has been moved to a subdirectory? As well we have over 50,000 registered members can't complain that it takes over 2 hours to register cause the name is not unique.
07-09-2006 05:57 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Don't you have the MSN/Windows Live Messenger logs saved?

In the conversation .. File > View Message History
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-09-2006 06:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.. .

O.P. RE: lost log!
ggrrrr u think i sum fuckin computer illiterate or something? i have tried every possible aspect of opening tha file it is completely gone... and yea i can complain it takes 2 hours 2 regisiter cus my name was unique from tha start it was waitin 4 that damn email that got me :@ not 2 seem rude but as i said this was a VERY VERY important log.. . but yes i have tried opening tha log using lots of diff methods even searchin my entire harddrive 4 nethin with .ple as its extension.. but yea could sum1 try this urself (with a non important chat) close a chat u r veiwing in chatlogger and see what happens thanx
PEACE
07-10-2006 07:55 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
AFAIK WLM saves the logs with the .xml extension and MP!L uses the .html extension.
[Image: signature.php]
07-10-2006 08:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.. .

O.P. RE: lost log!
i kno this!! but i was using MP!L encryption and it uses tha .ple extension! im afraid i may not be making myself clear but i wish u nerds u would actually listen and not just try n show off ur 'knowledge' of trivial irrelivant things! thanx again
PEACE
07-10-2006 08:51 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: lost log!
quote:
Originally posted by .. .
im afraid i may not be making myself clear but i wish u nerds u would actually listen and not just try n show off ur 'knowledge' of trivial irrelivant things! thanx again
PEACE

Before trying to be a smarty about it, the people trying to help you obivously were trying to help each other while trying to help you. So calm down take a chill pill because they will help you find a solution.

EDIT: Also complaing that it takes 2 hours to register doesn't make you any friends either. Infact with you saying it takes 2 hours to register makes me think that you don't even know what you talking about in regards to your problem.

and another thing..where in the world did ".ple" come from, AFAIK ,that has got to do with Plus! settings or something, not chat logs. What Vilkku has said is right so perhaps that can help some of the others get a solution for you.

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 10:20 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-10-2006 09:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vinix

Undecided  RE: lost log!
I have similar problem, but it's far smaller.

When I review the log of MP!L, I found that the first sentence of the last chat is lost, I'm sure because I can see that in the chat log of the ML! itself.

I am using Win2003 Enterprise SP1 Chinese Traditional.
The version of ML! is 8.0.0792.00, and MP!L is 4.0.0.235.

What's the cause?:(
07-10-2006 10:15 AM
.. .

O.P. RE: RE: RE: lost log!
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:

Before trying to be a smarty about it, the people trying to help you obivously were trying to help each other while trying to help you. So calm down take a chill pill because they will help you find a solution.

ok i can c what ur trying 2 say here and i understand.. but no1 else really had a problem with this did they? sept that poor chinese guy who misses his 1st sentance.. but i lost a whole log! and i do apolagise for my rude manners but i am unhappy 2 say that i have learnt it is sometimes tha best way 2 make someone listen.. expessially on tha net, its tha easist way 2 convay passion.. that alone is not an excuse, but it was late, i was angry and i guess i just wanted results quick.. . modern human nature really.. . neway nuff chit chat on with tha problem.. .

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
EDIT: Also complaing that it takes 2 hours to register doesn't make you any friends either. Infact with you saying it takes 2 hours to register makes me think that you don't even know what you talking about in regards to your problem. 
^^BUT THATS NOT HELPING!!^^

and another thing..where in the world did ".ple" come from, AFAIK ,that has got to do with Plus! settings or something, not chat logs. What Vilkku has said is right so perhaps that can help some of the others get a solution for you.

i infact do kno what i am talking about.. not specifically(i didnt get tha benifits of a good education like u my good fellow, i kno enuf tho) but it is a bug with MP!L's encrypted chat logging.. program shall i say? that causes you chat log(well mine neway) 2 dissapear if u close tha log while u are veiwing, must be something 2 do with tha fact it cant encrpt 2 a file that is being read.. correct me if im wrong. thankyou
tha only thing i dont understand is ur "leet-code shit" AFAIK and how tha hell did u get tha idea that i didnt kno what i was talking about from tha fact it took 2 hours 4 these guys 2 send me an email.. .  :S geez humans r strange.. .
oh btw ".ple" is infact what the encrypted chat logs extensions are when i view them in explorer, vikko was tha one that angered me so much tha 2nd time round.. not even reading my problem.. within tha 1st 10 words i explain my problem is with.. u guessed it, ENCRYPTED HTML!!

anyway sorry if i seemed abusive.. thank you for trying 2 listen.. its not ur fault, really, blame our last 2000 years of history.. a history of ignorance, but just becouse u ignore, dosent mean i dont exsist.. thank you for noticing my anger.. im not blaming you, but i wouldnt have 2 b like this if it wassnt for people like you.. .  and me sometimes too.
PEACE
P.ositive E.ducation A.dvocates C.ultural E.mpowerment
07-10-2006 01:11 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
So the entire log was deleted is what your saying not just the session  that was supposed to be logged. I could understand if it was the session that was lost if Patchou had forgot to close the handle to the file or not give it access for anything else to write to it then that would happen but for the file to be completly lost is odd. I will run some tests tonight see what I can come up with.

quote:
tha only thing i dont understand is ur "leet-code shit" AFAIK and how tha hell did u get tha idea that i didnt kno what i was talking about from tha fact it took 2 hours 4 these guys 2 send me an email.. .   geez humans r strange.. .
This boards email system is automated. So it shouldn't have taken 2 hours to recieve the email it might have been the mail server itself unless the email server was experiencing hicups.

quote:
Originally posted by vinix
When I review the log of MP!L, I found that the first sentence of the last chat is lost, I'm sure because I can see that in the chat log of the ML! itself.
This is a known issue so far there is not a fix yet for it. No one is actually sure what causes it either. I have experienced it myself as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
What happens if you try and open the chat log by going to Plus! > Open Chat Log in the conversation for that person? Have you checked the folder where the logs are to see if it has been moved to a subdirectory?
And going back to my original unanswered questions
What happens if you try to open the log from the conversation window? Does it say there is no log for that contact?

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 05:17 PM by matty.
07-10-2006 05:13 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: