What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Chat Bug

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Tabbed Chat Bug
Author: Message:
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat Bug
quote:
Originally posted by aC23
I get the same "1" problem. Also, whenever someone messages me from within a tabbed chat, the flashbar flashes the name of the original user with whom i was speaking to, making believe the person is messaging you when really it's another one of your contacts messaging you.. let me know if you didn't understand i'll try to explain it better

edit: I am not signed up for Yahoo interoperability.

Are you using the newest version of MP!L? There was a new version released yesterday.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6575 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes, 24 seconds ago.

07-17-2006 05:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat Bug
quote:
I get the same "1" problem.
This is fixed in Plus! Live 4.01.240 release yesterday as stated by NagamasaAzai.

* Messenger Plus! Live 4.01... tada!
* http://www.msgpluslive.net/

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Also, whenever someone messages me from within a tabbed chat, the flashbar flashes the name of the original user with whom i was speaking to, making believe the person is messaging you when really it's another one of your contacts messaging you.. let me know if you didn't understand i'll try to explain it better
This is unrelated and offtopic. Anyways, yes that is how tabbed chats work. If it would indicate the person who send you a message in the taskbar button, the window itself will switch to that chat tab too, and that will cause even more confusion and possible sending text to the wrong person (imagine you are busy typing, the tab changes automatically and you didn't notice, you are still typing and you press enter... the text will be send to the wrong person).

This said, it could be "fixed" though, so the correct person is shown in only the taskbar button, but that isn't so easy to implement and I doubt this will change anytime soon.
To see a "proof of concept" script which does this, see: "CookieRevised's reply to Tabbed Chats - wrong contact".

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 07-16-2007 at 12:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-17-2006 05:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: