What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help =========

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help =========
Author: Message:
rkvons

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help =========
I was getting this error. I went into my Internet Explorer Tools --> Internet Options... --> clicked on the connections tab, then LAN Settings and noticed that the only boxed that was checked was "Use Automatic Configuration Script". I checked both "Use a proxy server for your LAN..." and "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" and it worked after that. You may have to populate some of the fields that light up, but if you can get out with IE, you should be able to get out with IM. Hope this helps.

This post was edited on 11-28-2007 at 12:03 AM by rkvons.
11-28-2007 12:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
finjo8

I've started getting this problem today, and I'm 99% sure its solely to do with Zone Alarm (in my case anyway), as I downloaded an update for it this morning and it was working fine before then.

I've tried everything I've seen that's been suggested but none of it seems to have helped... :( any ideas?
11-29-2007 06:23 PM
diamond

I have had the same problems but fixed my system by the following.
go to AVG anti virus click on (Web Shield) the next page will show 2 taggs Web and (Instant Messaging) un.tick the instant messaging protection box and reboot.
mine now works fine.
01-20-2009 10:15 AM
Gwynebeanz

Heya, i've been looking around almost every forum that exists on the 8100030d anomaly

here's a chronological description of my problems and the attempted solutions, some partially successful until something unknown to me changes again.

my system is a basic Vista Home Premium, and is the only OS i've encountered this problem with.

Problem: Windows is unable to contact server. Please try again later. 8100030d  (unlimited retries makes no difference)
Only happens on account i've had for years, doesn't happen on a fresh account i've used, doesn't happen on web based clients or computers i don't reguraly use.
Note: My most used account on 2 most used systems has this error, both systems being Vista (led me to think cache files were buggered after Windows Live Update)

I don't have a firewall, ports are externally controlled through a proxy, they DO allow MSN and general internet ports, there are bypasses. (XBL and certain ports like that also work as it is Uni residence network) (basically i can connect to the internet with no problems so it's unlikely to be a connection problem)

So, AVG fixes, Norton fixes or any other anti-virus or firewall fixes have no effect on my system and the problem remains the same.

After a good search around sometime late last year (2008) i found the windows website telling me to delete the cache files in \appdata and \contacts, basically where it tells you to delete whatever has your email address on it.

Reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: First attempt at signing in is successful, few more attempts afterwards on my personal system were successful. Then problem returns. Solution FAILURE.

Re-install and reboot. No success

Next potential solution was to scour through registries HKEY_CURRENT_USER kind of stuff. Delete appropriate MSN Messenger registries
NO success.

Next solution checked was RegScan...this attempt didn't last long as they are a scam and it was a waste of my time, this point is relevant so no one makes that mistake.

Uninstall RegScan, check registries, re-install WLM and reboot. No success.

Then I left it for a while and relied on a web messenger, until I discovered the latest version from the windows website, Version 2009!

Quickly update and reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: I sign in, and i stay signed in, it all looked quite nice too and updated, no problems no forceful signing out (never encountered that either). In fear of never signing in again, I never signed out, for good reason. A computer situation forces me to close WLM, i reopen and attempt to sign in. No success.

Re-install, delete cache and reboot. No success.

Delete cache again and attempt. No success.

Cache is back again, that method no longer makes an impact.

(By the way this whole time another e-mail address still works and signs in, no problems there, even when i delete all email caches)

I discover WindowsDiscovery Messenger and observed something interesting. I sign in, still fails with the same error message, but WDM acts for a split second like I connected, before it comes up with an error message.

Troubleshoot and attempt repair, Key Ports comes under caution. (This happens more recently, after the first delete cache stage, I disregarded it as I can still sign in with other emails, it may not be so irrelevant, but logically you'd think it is.)

And after another re-install, reboot, cache clear, firewall check (that it's off), internet explorer check (that it actually connects and has no security restriction), sign in attempt and frustrating troubleshoot after another 8100030d error message....

I'm here, describing my very long essay type attempt at using discovered solutions from the internet. I've described it for the benefit of anyone looking for a universal fix or working on a universal fix to everyones problem, but unfortunatly the ones so far don't work.

If there's anything else you need to know I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Other notes:

*I don't use Yahoo!
*Like I said, I DO NOT have any computer security.
*I've tried using 7.5, unfortunatly it makes me update to sign in
*I don't intend to revert back to XP, the aim is to find a fix for Vista (I know that with a little work it would work on XP though)
*I only have one connection, which is wired LAN, into a residence network, that for most people (who's msn works fine btw) use automatic proxy settings. I do too, except for some specific programs that need manual settings. (LastFM for example)
*Every program that requires the internet or has any link with WLM was closed during a failed attempt.
*Final Note: Deleting cache files was attempted and proven to be unsuccessful before I updated and after the first time I tried it. Which was the first partial success.

Thanks,
Carl G
02-09-2009 01:47 AM
Oo_ben_oO

RE: RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help =========
quote:
Originally posted by Gwynebeanz
Heya, i've been looking around almost every forum that exists on the 8100030d anomaly

here's a chronological description of my problems and the attempted solutions, some partially successful until something unknown to me changes again.

my system is a basic Vista Home Premium, and is the only OS i've encountered this problem with.

Problem: Windows is unable to contact server. Please try again later. 8100030d  (unlimited retries makes no difference)
Only happens on account i've had for years, doesn't happen on a fresh account i've used, doesn't happen on web based clients or computers i don't reguraly use.
Note: My most used account on 2 most used systems has this error, both systems being Vista (led me to think cache files were buggered after Windows Live Update)

I don't have a firewall, ports are externally controlled through a proxy, they DO allow MSN and general internet ports, there are bypasses. (XBL and certain ports like that also work as it is Uni residence network) (basically i can connect to the internet with no problems so it's unlikely to be a connection problem)

So, AVG fixes, Norton fixes or any other anti-virus or firewall fixes have no effect on my system and the problem remains the same.

After a good search around sometime late last year (2008) i found the windows website telling me to delete the cache files in \appdata and \contacts, basically where it tells you to delete whatever has your email address on it.

Reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: First attempt at signing in is successful, few more attempts afterwards on my personal system were successful. Then problem returns. Solution FAILURE.

Next potential solution was to scour through registries HKEY_CURRENT_USER kind of stuff. Delete appropriate MSN Messenger registries
NO success.

Next solution checked was RegScan...this attempt didn't last long as they are a scam and it was a waste of my time, this point is relevant so no one makes that mistake.

Uninstall RegScan, check registries, re-install WLM and reboot. No success.

Then I left it for a while and relied on a web messenger, until I discovered the latest version from the windows website, Version 2009!

Quickly update and reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: I sign in, and i stay signed in, it all looked quite nice too and updated, no problems no forceful signing out (never encountered that either). In fear of never signing in again, I never signed out, for good reason. A computer situation forces me to close WLM, i reopen and attempt to sign in. No success.

Re-install, delete cache and reboot. No success.

Delete cache again and attempt. No success.

Cache is back again, that method no longer makes an impact.

(By the way this whole time another e-mail address still works and signs in, no problems there, even when i delete all email caches)

I discover WindowsDiscovery Messenger and observed something interesting. I sign in, still fails with the same error message, but WDM acts for a split second like I connected, before it comes up with an error message.

Troubleshoot and attempt repair, Key Ports comes under caution. (This happens more recently, after the first delete cache stage, I disregarded it as I can still sign in with other emails, it may not be so irrelevant, but logically you'd think it is.)

And after another re-install, reboot, cache clear, firewall check (that it's off), internet explorer check (that it actually connects and has no security restriction), sign in attempt and frustrating troubleshoot after another 8100030d error message....

I'm here, describing my very long essay type attempt at using discovered solutions from the internet. I've described it for the benefit of anyone looking for a universal fix or working on a universal fix to everyones problem, but unfortunatly the ones so far don't work.

If there's anything else you need to know I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Other notes:

*I don't use Yahoo!
*Like I said, I DO NOT have any computer security.
*I've tried using 7.5, unfortunatly it makes me update to sign in
*I don't intend to revert back to XP, the aim is to find a fix for Vista (I know that with a little work it would work on XP though)
*I only have one connection, which is wired LAN, into a residence network, that for most people (who's msn works fine btw) use automatic proxy settings. I do too, except for some specific programs that need manual settings. (LastFM for example)
*Every program that requires the internet or has any link with WLM was closed during a failed attempt.
*Final Note: Deleting cache files was attempted and proven to be unsuccessful before I updated and after the first time I tried it. Which was the first partial success.

Thanks,
Carl G

I have the same issue as you i downloaded the new live messenger 2009 and was able to sing in a couple of times then one day that was it it would not sign me in and i get that 8100030d error i tried this steps to and didnt have no joy as soon as i went back to wlm 8.5 it was working for some reason. Now also i had issues with slow internet and major problems connecting to my mail box . So some how i accidently deleted windows family safety thing thats with windows live messenger and my internet was working ace and was able to go to my email box. But how ever i have not tried installing the new windows live messenger 2009 yet without family safety thing and check if that works. I dont know if you got family safety thing but try unistalling that off pc then install 2009 again and tell me if it works and ill download wlm 2009 for the 9th time lol. Thanks man hope it works please let me know or if any other thing to do to make it work. Cheers
04-23-2009 01:15 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: