What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] KeyFlasher

Pages: (13): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
[Release] KeyFlasher
Author: Message:
DarkRaider

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
Heyz,

I was wondering if your FN key application you built for some guy earlier in the thread will work on my HP keyboard (no, I'm not on a prebuilt, i got it for $4 at my school computer markets), so when I get a new IM the orange LED flashes. Also when I press the Messages button make the window come into focus. Thanks if you decide it's a good idea, if it helps (I don't think so, I couldn't find anything on it on google) the modle number of the k/b is SK-2505.

Well, have you executed that program? cause i need the keycode for your "message" button..
or you can try to fill that code into the scripts code (where it says "var VK_num = 144" replace 144 by your keycode) select numlock in the config and try it out yourself ;)
01-04-2007 11:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
I just tried it now, and it comes up as 0. :S
01-05-2007 01:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DarkRaider

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
Well, I don't think I can make your message LED flash..
it might be possible with some advanced DLL script, but I'm not advanced enough for that.. sry *-)
01-05-2007 02:40 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
's ok :)
01-05-2007 10:55 PM
Keon

Hi!

Is it possible to make the leds (or just the scroll lock led) also flash when Windows is locked (i.e. pressing the windows logo key + L)?

If you can do that, I'll start worshiping you!

This post was edited on 02-02-2007 at 10:23 PM by Keon.
02-01-2007 10:33 PM
dnLL

– / Male / –
RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Originally posted by Keon
Hi!

Is it possible to make the leds (or just the scroll lock led) also flash when Windows is locked (i.e. pressing the windows logo key + L)?

I agree. I would like that feature too, and I think it would be possible. Another suggestion: maybe you can add some options, as flashing the leds when the user is away.

By the way, Stuffplug 3 has the key flasher thing. But I prefer this script, it seems more reliable (I don't know why).
02-02-2007 10:59 PM
DarkRaider

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Hi!

I'll see what I can do.. ;)
02-04-2007 07:30 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Originally posted by dnLL
By the way, Stuffplug 3 has the key flasher thing. But I prefer this script, it seems more reliable (I don't know why).

This function of StuffPlug doesn't work at the moment (neither does the BlockTalker) but TB is working on that if I ain't mistaken.

As for the script: I like it, but I'd like to see the script being able to just change the LED's status without altering the key's state.
eg. if you select the caps led to flash, don't make it switch caps on and off all the time. I think this should be possible because I once had a WinAmp visualization which flashed the leds (num-low, caps-mid, scroll-high) without changing the actual status.
edit: if this is too hard, make the leds return to their initial status instead of turning them off once the flashing ends.

Also, don't allow users to put a very low value in the "Flashspeed" box. I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but my leds don't do anything if I set it below 100ms.

One final suggestion, just for fun and not a must though, allow different Flashspeed values for different leds (maybe through a registry key the user has to create) to allow flashing patterns. :O

even more edit:
quote:
Hi!

If this is implemented, DON'T let the caps flash if your account is password protected :P

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 01:38 PM by Jesus.
02-13-2007 01:31 PM
Keon

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus

quote:
Hi!

If this is implemented, DON'T let the caps flash if your account is password protected :P

True! I didn't think of that. I guess just the scroll lock led will be good enough.
02-15-2007 07:57 PM
eltiel

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
As for the script: I like it, but I'd like to see the script being able to just change the LED's status without altering the key's state.
eg. if you select the caps led to flash, don't make it switch caps on and off all the time. I think this should be possible because I once had a WinAmp visualization which flashed the leds (num-low, caps-mid, scroll-high) without changing the actual status.
edit: if this is too hard, make the leds return to their initial status instead of turning them off once the flashing ends.

I too would like to see the script being able to flash the LEDs without changing the keys' states. I'm using the ScrollLock key which works fine most of the time, but there are some programs which are being affected by it.

But I must say, this script is the handiest script that I've come across. Looking forward for more improvements! :D
05-06-2007 09:57 AM
Pages: (13): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: