What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your views: Life after death?

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Your views: Life after death?
Author: Message:
welshboy222

29 / Male / –
RE: Your views: Life after death?
You have a good point!
If the worst comes to the worst eat a cake makes you feel better!
07-20-2006 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
I believe that some of the things in the bible are not true for instance Adam and eve and maybe about the creation of the world. Also how did the people who wrote the bible know about the creation of the world?

i think adam and eve are just a like the mom and dad of all living. "and adam called his wife's name eve; because she was the mother of all living" so it's giving people the answer to why people are on this earth. like adam and eve made babies, and their babies had babies and their babies had babies and so on, theres pages and pages in Genisis talking about who made who and shit. i think the bible just gives people ideas of how stuff started and everything. just ideas...like maybe one day a beast will rise outta the water with 10 heads or wahtever, but it could just be a metaphore for the end of the world. ideas for people.

yeah i swear and shit and i dont go to church but im reading the bible right now and i guess its just for ideas and answers for me...i dont know.
i guess i used to think i didnt believe in god and all that stuff because i didnt want to think someone was up there controlling us and shit but when i swore in church one time i felt bad becuase i still had thoughts of the guy up there and i had sinned, but i had only felt real bad swearing in church. then i forgot about it.
i guess ive only really started to believe in god a lot was when we got in a cara ccident a few weeks ago when we hit a deer and i was shocked, and then i started crying and asking god why this happened and then i stopped and realised no one got hurt and i thanked him for days, any time i had a chance id just sit and pray and thank him
it's weird because before i really had no thoughts of the guy upstairs, but when shit like that happens...i dunno
i dont make sense
sorry...kindaofftopic :S

ANYWAYS..., life after death...

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
My views on life after death? There better fucking be one. What's the point in actually doing this (life) to take a loada shit all the time, work dead end jobs, knowing that there is nothing afterwards. Scares me to be honest.

it scares me too becuase yeah, we've been living and stuff, we've met people and we've done things and when we die thats just for nothing? its gone? im scared that when i die it's just gonna be black, and i dont wanna forget things ive done in life. and i dont wanna come back as another person if i have to forget all the things ive done in this lifetime. i dont want a physical life i want a spirit life. i think id rather just be a spirit so i can go around and see how my familys doing and all my friends are and stuff, and so i can visit friends and family up in heaven...or hell...haha i dunno
i just dont wanna be bored.
07-20-2006 05:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Life after death? hum... good question... there isnt anything... i dont believe in afterlife... sure it could be that there is garden eden with thousands of beautiful angels waiting for me and all that but it could also be eternal darkness...
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
07-20-2006 05:16 PM
welshboy222

29 / Male / –
Maybe you just dream in the afterlife that would be sweet!
If the worst comes to the worst eat a cake makes you feel better!
07-20-2006 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
just wanna throw a second relevant question into the mix...

for those that do believe in an afterlife, do you consider it to be eternal or cyclic or what? obviously those that believe in reincarnation will think that it will last as long as the life or the next incarnation lasts... and so on.. but what of the others?
07-20-2006 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
Maybe you just dream in the afterlife that would be sweet!
i want to dream forever :)
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
07-20-2006 06:08 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
My views on life after death? There better fucking be one. What's the point in actually doing this (life) to take a loada shit all the time, work dead end jobs, knowing that there is nothing afterwards. Scares me to be honest.

it scares me too becuase yeah, we've been living and stuff, we've met people and we've done things and when we die thats just for nothing? its gone? im scared that when i die it's just gonna be black, and i dont wanna forget things ive done in life. and i dont wanna come back as another person if i have to forget all the things ive done in this lifetime. i dont want a physical life i want a spirit life. i think id rather just be a spirit so i can go around and see how my familys doing and all my friends are and stuff, and so i can visit friends and family up in heaven...or hell...haha i dunno
i just dont wanna be bored.

Yuh, I know what you two mean, I feel the exact same way, and I don't want to be thinking "when you're dead, you're dead" and that's it... It scares me so much. I don't want to live this life to have it all disappear into nothing... I suppose it's a whole I don't want to forget thing... I don't want to never see people I love who are younger than me grow up and everything like that... I want to believe that somehow, we go on living, a bit like ghosts, but not the same thing... Kinda we're just there watching over people, and we can see what happens, and we can also see people who are also dead and shit... Gah. This topic freaks me out... =(

I've thought of reincarnation because of deja vu... I mean, yuh, a lot of the time you eventually remember whats happened before or whatever, but sometimes you just don't know... At least with me. I mean, I can see someone, or speak to someone, and be sure I've seen them or spoken to them before... But I *know* I haven't... So sometimes I think we've been here before, and we've met this people before, and we already know them, and deja vu is kind of memories from a past life, but a life you don't ever remember living... Bah... But I don't like the thought of reincarnation, because it's forgetting.

People get scared because it's the unknown, and you can't prove anything to do with life after death. You don't know what happens, therefore it scares you really. Well, some people can't wait for death, which is completely weird tbh. But yeah, the unknown scares people... It scares me for sure. I'd love to know what happens after you die... How it feels and everything... I don't really believe all this white-light stuff, and seeing the pearly gates, but I do believe in spirits and ghosts... Spirits more than ghosts, but ghosts also.

Didn't someone say something to do with spirits moving on, but ghosts are like, people who still have something left in the world that they need to fix or whatever? Then when they sort that, they too will move on? I think that's a kind of good theory, which goes along with "haunted" houses... I mean, ghosts always seem to be around the same house don't they, that's why the house is haunted, it's not like they float around the earth, so I think they have like "unfinished business" in that certain place... Bah, I'm rambling, but it makes sense to me at least.

Hum... Just my thoughts on a topic that scares me very very much. I do like gif's theory too though.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
07-20-2006 06:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
so I think they have like "unfinished business" in that certain place

hahha casper
i wanna be like casper and interact with people

oh yeah, and the reincarnation thing...if you think we're going to come as another person with different thoughts and stuff...well thats kinda what we are then. we've been here before, just as another person...so maybe we've already been here and stuff and we could be like famous people from the past...just their life passed down
shit i dont make sense

This post was edited on 07-20-2006 at 06:50 PM by marissa.
07-20-2006 06:49 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your views: Life after death?
Mr.G wants to say this :P:

quote:
Hello absorbation
I usually can access some bits of the forum and I read your post,
what I feel is going to happen the moment you die is that your spirit
is coming out of your neck and becomes like a ghost and then and
as I feel like it will be beside your body till you are put in grave and
then when no one is there and it's silence 3 angels will come and ask
you 3 question 1. What is your religion 2. Who is your prophet and 3.
Do you believe in God and him if you answer bravely then I guess they
will show you your place in heaven and if you was like afraid in your
answers you will be shown your place in hell.

OR

They will come and show you your list of Good & Bad stuff you did in
life if what you did Good is more than the Bad you did you will be shown
your place in heaven and if your Bad stuff are more you will be shown your
place in Hell and then your sole will be released till the day that earth is
going to be destroyed in... and then you'll go to where you will be (Heaven/Hell).

PS: Am not sure weather this is true or not but that’s what I think is going
to happen!

I hope my answer isn't complicated and you are most welcome to post it
in the forum.
07-20-2006 07:41 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation/Mr.G
Mr.G wants to say this.......

What... nice theories. It's a shame that they're completely ridiculous. I was actually laughing like hell as I read them :P
07-20-2006 10:25 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: