What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] PSM+ 4

Pages: (17): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
[Release] PSM+ 4
Author: Message:
jerone

i like it

38 / Male / –
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5)
oke nice script; ill wait for a beter and bigger version

first bug; i have disabled this script true preference, but it enables itself :(
[Image: Jerone.png]
09-22-2006 04:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5)
I've just seen 3.7.5 on the scipt database :D I'll see what else this version needs doing to it before submitting it.

The script has been renamed now so the next version will be called PSM+ (3.7.6)

EDIT:
@jerone: I thought I'd fixed that but obviously not :p I'll update it for version 3.7.6 and post it here ASAP (about 10-20 mins)

I suggest removing the old version first becasue this one is renamed, the last version will still be active and they WILL conflict. :p

This post was edited on 12-02-2006 at 05:44 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-22-2006 04:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jerone

i like it

38 / Male / –
question; why does your download and topic called PSM+ and is the name on the script database: Chat Counter???
never mind, i just read it

second bug; on tabblad advanced when i want to click rightabove button 'Add Nicknames' i select 'Convert code...'

This post was edited on 09-22-2006 at 05:14 PM by jerone.
09-22-2006 05:12 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
The download and topic are called PSM+ because I can change those manually. The script database isn't updated every second of every day, so when I submit the next version, it should be changed as well.

As for the error you mention. I'm not quit sure as to what you mean. When I click anywhere around the "Add Nicknames" button it does nothing. When I click the button it works and when I click "Convert code..." it turns the option on or off. I see no bug and nobody else has reported it...
09-22-2006 05:15 PM
jerone

i like it

38 / Male / –
just when i want to click the button 'Add Nicknames' i select the option left from it. there is just a invisible layer from the selection above the button.

i've made a screenie; i hope its clear then. just whats the mouse (self made) hight and when the button and selection is activated

.bmp File Attachment: psm+.bmp (348.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 260 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-22-2006 at 05:28 PM by jerone.
09-22-2006 05:27 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I don't know why that is happening as the length of the CheckBox control is not long enough to over lap the button...
09-22-2006 05:34 PM
jerone

i like it

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5)
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I don't know why that is happening as the length of the CheckBox control is not long enough to over lap the button...

i dont know eather.

i deinstalled en reinstalled, but but stays
09-22-2006 06:04 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7)
You might be best waiting for the next version. As far as I know, it's got to be a setting you have on your PC rather than a problem with my script.... I know there are errors if you place controls too close together, but as I said, the length of the checkbox label is not long enough to over lap the button

Been working flat out now for several hours to get a language function fully working within the script. I can currently change almost (see PS) any text that the script uses in windows and toasts. So far I have a Spanish translation (missing a few phrases) and an Italian translation is on it's way. I have an option for French and Dutch translations built in already, but need translators (see PS2). Will add ANY languages submitted to me (also see PS2). Hopefully this version (3.7.71) will be released very shortly indeed and it will be more widely used :p

PS: For my Settings window, I am using one main window (WndPref) to hold child windows (one for each "page" of options). When I try and set the text of any control on the WndPref window, I receive an error saying that WndPref does not exist (I know that it does as the event itself is triggered by OnWndPrefEvent_CtrlClicked)

If I use
code:
function OnWndPrefEvent(pWnd, sControlId){
trace(pWnd); //trace is my own function (easier to type) :p
//The window is still open at this point... I checked for common errors in the documentation

it says that pWnd is undefined... Any ideas why?

PS2: To translate for this script, please PM or email me and I will send you the file containing the phrases you will need to translate. Please then send it back to me and I'll edit the file to work with the script :p

This post was edited on 09-24-2006 at 01:35 AM by Spunky.
09-24-2006 01:28 AM
rockmanneo

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7)
Why do we have to manually assign nicknames?
Can you make it automatic?
09-26-2006 10:45 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7)
The script has no way of determining the nickname of a contact as it is not a property assigned by Messenger or Plus!

Plus! has no way of determining the nicknames of your contacts so a manually defined list is the easiest option. I've noticed some people using it without setting nicknames, meaning the script shows the start of their email address instead. However, I advise against doing this as it kin of advertises your contacts email to people that may use it for immoral purposes.

EDIT: I am going to build in an option to the next version to backup selected information as several times the registry information has been deleted and I have had to assign nicknames again from scratch which is highly annoying. (This isn't really a bug in the script, but I have to test it a lot and new versions aren't always "compatible" with older versions as the may use extra/renamed files as well as using different registry keys. For example, I changed the registry address from the users email address to their user ID, meaning all settings were lost unless transfered using RegEdit)

SCRIPT UPDATE: Currently adding languages, having slight error loading preferences window (Child windows working fine now :D). Next version CAN'T be released until the language problem has been fixed as the incomplete code will still activate causing errors. Version 3.7.71 will be released shortly and uploaded to the script database as soon as possible.

WEBSITE UPDATE: I finally uploaded a website for PSM+! You can visit it at http://psm-plus.co.nr... It's as yet "incomplete" but I want to spread the news early, so that the word can be spread ;)

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 11:09 PM by Spunky.
09-26-2006 11:00 PM
Pages: (17): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: