What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)

Pages: (19): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
Goooooooooooood morning Vietnam Plus! Live community! :D

Here I am, back from my headquarters in Belgium. Finally I have my superduber internet connection back and my latest script files, so I'm ready to work on a new version of Countdown Live. :)

I already got rid of the complete script updater of Countdown Live itself (no worries, I still have a backup) and I implemented the necessary XML elements to the ScriptInfo file. I opted for the update ID "MaBuCDL", from Mattias Buelens' Countdown Live. This way, I have a more unique author identifier and still have 4 characters for the script's name. ;) The only thing I don't like is that the build number can't have that many digits (only 5). It would have been more interesting to have more (7 or 8) because now it's already filled up with "21016", so I can't go for a 2.10 release or a 12.0 version. Although these are extreme cases (I don't think I'm going to wait 9 more minor versions to release 3.0), but they aren't impossible. So I think that it should be extended... although I personally won't need it that soon.

The translation file has been changed a little bit, but nothing has to be re-translated. Only structural changes have been made (2 things moved, some more were removed), so every translation can be ported by running the new conversion with Plus! XML Translator. The translation profile also has been changed, so you won't need to translate things which won't be used.

Anyway, I think I'll pack this updated script and send it to the beta-testers. Then I'll wait for the green light from them and then I'll convert the other translations too and submit the script to the scripts database. :)

For those who reported bugs with Countdown Live / Plus! XML Translator: could you please contact me via a PM (or Messenger if I added you) with more details about the problem? As it's very hard for me to get a complete picture of what has happened the past three weeks. Thank you!
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-12-2008 10:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
The only thing I don't like is that the build number can't have that many digits (only 5). It would have been more interesting to have more (7 or 8) because now it's already filled up with "21016", so I can't go for a 2.10 release or a 12.0 version.
You can simply tag the first release with the UpdateId as <BuildNumber>1</BuildNumber>, and increase <BuildNumber> by 1 on every release (including alpha/beta/test versions).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-12-2008 11:41 AM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
You can simply tag the first release with the UpdateId as <BuildNumber>1</BuildNumber>, and increase <BuildNumber> by 1 on every release (including alpha/beta/test versions).
Yes, but then I may forget whether I already increased the build number or not. :P
Anyway, as I always increase the build with every release (beta's and public versions), I can keep this pattern. I don't think I'll ever make a 10.0 release, and if it ever gets so far, the system will probably already be changed once again to support some new future technology. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

08-12-2008 12:25 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017)
Countdown Live 2.1.017 is now released!

Most important changes:
  • Removed Countdown Live's own script updater and added support for Plus! Live's built-in updater.
  • Fixes a bug reported by Phazeus with the countdown calculating system.
The script has been updated in the scripts database and is available through the updater of previous versions of Countdown Live, so this will be the last use of Countdown Live's built-in updater. Thanks to MenthiX for updating the entry in the script database so quickly! :)

I'd also like to announce that the Spanish translation by warmth has been uploaded to the languages server. Any user who has Spanish selected as interface language for Plus! Live and installs Countdown Live for the first time will receive the Spanish translation immediately. Other users can get the Spanish translation from the Download Languages window.

» Check out the first post for more details and the download link.

This post was edited on 08-18-2008 at 03:45 PM by Matti.

08-16-2008 09:56 AM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017)
Great, I;m offline for a few days, and my mailbox is a mess :P

Isn't it better to leave the update system where it is, but only enable it if the user has 4.60 or earlier?

EDIT::

@Matti: I've read your email, and have found no bugs in CDL 2.1.017 (yet :P ) ;) that the Download Laguage window shows languages for CDL 2.1.012 - 2.1.016 only (perhaps you haven't updated the language files on your server?)

EDIT 2::

When changing languages, the Media icon setting seems to go lost.. And the countdowns get disabled.

This post was edited on 10-11-2008 at 07:50 PM by SmokingCookie.
10-11-2008 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017)
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Isn't it better to leave the update system where it is, but only enable it if the user has 4.60 or earlier?
Users on Plus! < 4.60 will get a warning every time they start up Messenger - which is quite annoying in fact, should fix that - and I think the advantages of 4.60 are too great, there really shouldn't be a reason not to install it.
quote:
@Matti: I've read your email, and have found no bugs in CDL 2.1.017 (yet :P ) ;) that the Download Laguage window shows languages for CDL 2.1.012 - 2.1.016 only (perhaps you haven't updated the language files on your server?)
That must have been something temporarily, the versions are up to date here...
quote:
When changing languages, the Media icon setting seems to go lost..
Hmm, strange. However, it doesn't do that on my version which I'm working on. :P No need to push a 2.1.018 first just for that, I simply make sure it doesn't occur in the next version. ;)

10-11-2008 08:00 PM
Geo

In a future release can i have the possibility to change the DP at the end of Countdown. Even not more refresh countdown( except in preview panel) if I'm off line or if I have no on-line contact.

thank's for your works
Geo
10-12-2008 08:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Changing the DP in the end of the Countdown would be really nice. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
10-12-2008 08:34 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Don't know if this has been reported or is a known issue, but when i try and edit the tags for "days" "weeks" etc, they will not save correctly, and will just revert back to the originals, all i am trying to do is make them capitals.
...there used to be a signature here :)
10-26-2008 09:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Check the Languages tab.. There's a check mark that has to be unchecked.

"Always use the words from the language file ....."

This post was edited on 10-26-2008 at 09:29 AM by SmokingCookie.
10-26-2008 09:26 AM
Pages: (19): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: