What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
"Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
Author: Message:
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
Hi there for everybody!

Since I installed Messenger Plus! Live, I noticed that my Windows Live Messenger causes an error when I close it. After this, when I open Windows Media Player an error message appears informing me that all plugins were disabled because the Media Player was not closed correctly. I informed this to a friend and he tested both Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT together and he experienced the same problem!

Something is going on between Messenger Plus! Live and the SRS WOW XT Plugin for Windows Media Player that is causing an error when closing Live Messenger!

Please, solve this problem! It's so hard to can't use any of the two programs! And the SRS WOW XT Plugin is fantastic! The sound is totally better when it's activated!

Thanks!
08-22-2006 04:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
First, please don't cross-post in multiple threads. Second, could you tell us what the error is?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-29-2006 07:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please,
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
First, please don't cross-post in multiple threads. Second, could you tell us what the error is?

I'm really sorry! I simply thought that no one would help me... =/

The error detail is what I already said. If you use the Windows Media Player SRS WOW XT plugin and use Messenger Plus! Live together, when you close your Windows Live Messenger Windows XP will show you and error windows saying that Windows Live Messenger was closed due to an error. This is shown when Messenger is already closed! After that, when you open Windows Media Player, all plugins are disabled and Windows Media Player informs you that everything was desabled due to and error. Something is happening between SRS WOW XT plugin and Messenger Plus! Live. This is the fact!

Since I removed Messenger Plus! Live, everything is ok! I really can't understand this... =/

The Messenger Plus! Live Staff does not know anything about this?! If they don't now, please, test this feature together with Messenger Plus! Live and you will see!

Thanks for the help! =)

Ps.: If you didn't understand something, please informe me. I will try to splain more clearly!
08-31-2006 12:35 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
[/offtopic]
quote:
Originally posted by viniciusrsouza
The Messenger Plus! Live Staff does not know anything about this?

Messenger Plus! (Live) was made by one and only person: Patchou. There is no staff.

Obviously, no one knows about this (unless Patchou doesn't want the world to know).[/offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Second, could you tell us what the error is?

I think what he means is an error code (if any) or a scrennie.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6547 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes, 45 seconds ago.

08-31-2006 01:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
No, no... any error code and anything else appears. Just the small error information windows from Windows XP telling me that Messenger was closed due to an error.
09-03-2006 02:26 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Can you try to disable the SRS WOW Effects and see if it works? Do you have the Messenger Music plugin enabled in Windows Media Player? What version of WMP are you using?
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-03-2006 07:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Can you try to disable the SRS WOW Effects and see if it works? Do you have the Messenger Music plugin enabled in Windows Media Player? What version of WMP are you using?

I already did this! When I disable SRS plugin the error does not occurs. The Messenger Mus Plugin is enabled also. My WMP version is 10, but if I use the newest (and still Beta) version, 11, the error happens too.

The fact is that anything is happening between Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT Plugin and the Messenger Music Plugin. Messenger Plus! Messenger is causing an error on Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player when Messenger is closed. If I disable SRS Plugin, nothing happens. If I use only SRS Plugin (like what I'm doing now), everything is perfect! My friend did the same thing and tested. The result was the same! On his PC, he had the same problem!

I just hope so (and, so... so... so...) much that this bug can be eliminated from the next Messenger Plus! Live released and that the Beta Testers and/or the creator is aware of this boring bug, 'cause I want a lot to use Messenger Plus! Live again! I need it so much, but I use a lot more the SRS WOW XT Plugin! Even because the sound quality generated by it is fantastic!
09-04-2006 06:28 AM
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel
Anyone with any kind of news?!

Does anyone knows if there is a new version to be released?
09-07-2006 10:27 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
wait for an update,

i've noticed that the SRS CSII plugin is broken in WMP 11...
09-08-2006 06:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please,
quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
wait for an update,

i've noticed that the SRS CSII plugin is broken in WMP 11...

But the fact is that, at least, SRS WOW XT plugin for Windows Media Player (even using WMP 11, as I am) is working so fine! I even, due to an upgrade here, had to format my hard disk and installed everything again, including SRS WOW XT and WMP 11! Everything continue to run so fine! Perfectly!

But if I install Messenger Plus! Live, I'm pretty sure that, when I close my Windows Live Messenger, that famous small error windows from Windows XP will appear "saying" that Windows Live Messenger had to be closed due to an error! This happens AFTER I already closed Windows Live Messenger!

Than, the next time I open WMP 11, that error window from WMP appears informing me that, due to a problem, ALL codecs were disabled!

So, something is really going on when someone install both "SRS WOW XT plugin for Windows Media Player" and "Messenger Plus! Live".

Guys, try testing it! If all of you want, I can upload SRS WOW XT plugin for all of you here download it and test it! You will understand perfectly what's going on here. Beyond this, maybe we, together, can find a solution to this problem!

And I'm sure you all will like so much this plugin, 'cause the sound is really and really improved when using this feature!

I'll find any website to upload it! Just wait! =)

This post was edited on 09-09-2006 at 09:56 PM by viniciusrsouza.
09-09-2006 09:55 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: