What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripting API Wishlist

Pages: (15): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Scripting API Wishlist
Author: Message:
wlmcrap

David

30 / Male / –
RE: Scripting API Wishlist
E-Mail Count.
09-03-2006 04:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As the list grows, I think there must a distinction be made between stuff which is already possible by scripting and things which aren't possible with scripting.

--------------

Another suggested not possible with scripting and which would be highly used if available: The ability to add your own submenu's in the right click context menu in the contactlist (in the "msgplus extras" menu) both for contacts as for groups. And the click events would obviously also return the groupname or contactemail.

(for the groups, you can't do much with the groupname yet, but I think it should be returned nevertheless or to be taken in account for later use :D)

This post was edited on 09-03-2006 at 02:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-03-2006 02:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Buzz44

Messenger Plus! Newbie ^^

– / Male / –
Agreed.

The "sortable listview column" idea can be done already just by using a sorting algorithm and making in into a function. I would have the parameter as; sLVControlID, bDescending, iColumnID, ofcourse thats coming from a multilingual background ;), so I'm guessing you would have to keep to your preferred variable naming syntax for consistency.

This post was edited on 09-03-2006 at 02:38 PM by Buzz44.
09-03-2006 02:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
As the list grows, I think there must a distinction be made between stuff which is already possible by scripting and things which aren't possible with scripting.

I was about to do the same thing, done it now. I think I have got everything in the right category, if I haven't tell me. It should now be a bit easier for Patchou to priorotise the development of new features.

It would be handy if from now on you told me which group to put your new features in.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-03-2006 06:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
some corrections on the categories:

# Sortable listview columns (2 people want this)
# Making scripts to be able to actually use the TranslationId property in the Window element.

both are also not impossible todo with scripting.

----------

# Version number, about dialogue, homepage address all accessable from the scripts dialogue

All this is the responsebility of the scripter himself tbh. If the scripter does not provide an about dialog with the info in it, doesn't provide a version number inside the ScriptInfo and script code, etc, Plus! wouldn't be able todo anything about it.

What might be new is a config button in the scripts preference dialog of Plus!, just like in Plus!3, but all the other stuff is really the responsebility of the programmer.

----------

# A function to calculate the user hashes in the registry (2 people want this)

this is possible, if the method is getting documented that is.

This post was edited on 09-03-2006 at 07:12 PM by CookieRevised.
09-03-2006 07:10 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
# Version number, about dialogue, homepage address all accessable from the scripts dialogue

All this is the responsebility of the scripter himself tbh. If the scripter does not provide an about dialog with the info in it, doesn't provide a version number inside the ScriptInfo and script code, etc, Plus! wouldn't be able todo anything about it.

What might be new is a config button in the scripts preference dialog of Plus!, just like in Plus!3, but all the other stuff is really the responsebility of the programmer.

Even if the developer sets the details, then there is no standardised way to view this apart from during installation.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-03-2006 07:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
my recent wish (totally not possible atm): enumerate timers...

at the moment there is no way to retrieve/ check what times are running. If there was a way to determine this, developpers can more easly (and more elagant) check for important things like timers which are still running when another user signs in (common mistake to make in scripts which use timers).

example of workaround (which I actually turned into a 'feature', see disclaimer) and more notes about this in my script nudge flood protection.

EDIT: and while at it, a function to see how many time (in ms) there is left for a specific timer.

;)

This post was edited on 09-06-2006 at 03:12 AM by CookieRevised.
09-06-2006 03:07 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
my recent wish (totally not possible atm): enumerate timers...

at the moment there is no way to retrieve/ check what times are running. If there was a way to determine this, developpers can more easly (and more elagant) check for important things like timers which are still running when another user signs in (common mistake to make in scripts which use timers).

example of workaround (which I actually turned into a 'feature', see disclaimer) and more notes about this in my script nudge flood protection.

EDIT: and while at it, a function to see how many time (in ms) there is left for a specific timer.

;)

If you want to be creative using global variables you can check the first one about if a timer is currently in use (though there will be a very small amount of time either side where it will still say that it is being used), though it would be good for us to be able to check rather than have to rely on extra variables.  Though the second one would become very useful i think.

I would also like the ability to have received messages longer than the original would be nice (though this might be set by messenger, I should do some research....).  Or even being able to edit the text that appears to make it into a set colour, font, bolding, italic, etc. as this is the main reason behind me wanting to be able to lengthen messages.
[Image: markee.png]
09-06-2006 03:27 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
The e-mail of the user to be added as a param to Origin in ChatWndReceiveMessage
The following response from Patchou is taken from the Beta Testing section:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
So you honestly think I would send you the name of the contact if I could send you his email? :)

Messenger Plus! itself has no idea what the email of the contact is when a message is received in a chat. That's because messages are analysed when inserted in the edit box, not when received in the protocol stream (and there's a lot of other advantages to that).

So there's no way I can help you on this. What I can tell you though is that Messenger Plus! has always worked this way for some features, by guessing, and nobody ever complained about it. Changes that somebody is talking to multiple contacts in the same window who have the exact same names are very poor.

quote:
Getting the font and font colour of contacts.
Why? What is the point of adding a feature that has only 1 purpose? Which is to set the font style and colour to imitate your contact. No one has created a chat logging system (that I am aware of).
quote:
Options dialogue accessable from the scripts menu
Again why? This is up to the Programmer of the script to add in the menus.
09-06-2006 03:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Getting the font and font colour of contacts.
Why? What is the point of adding a feature that has only 1 purpose? Which is to set the font style and colour to imitate your contact. No one has created a chat logging system (that I am aware of).

I wrote one last night (markee's reply to serious problem) but there is no point with MP!L and it's chat logging system.  We are basically limited to what is already included in the chat logging system anyway (unless you wish to go into packet sniffing or recording other events).  The only reason I made that basic chat logger is because of a bug in MP!L that allows you to turn of chat-logging even if changing preferences are disabled.
[Image: markee.png]
09-06-2006 03:37 AM
Pages: (15): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: