What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripting API Wishlist

Pages: (15): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
Scripting API Wishlist
Author: Message:
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
so that it is easier to read them

the debug window's background color is theme specific ;)

I would like an OnEvent_EmailReceived to be added to the scripting system

This post was edited on 10-25-2006 at 09:26 PM by Jesus.
10-25-2006 09:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting API Wishlist
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
the debug window's background color is theme specific ;)
i wasnt talking about the debug window there... i was talking about in the scripting window where you write the /* */
10-25-2006 09:27 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
i wasnt talking about the debug window there... i was talking about in the scripting window where you write the /* */

doh, I'm a bit sleepy :P
that background color is theme specific too ;)

Oh yeah, more about the OnEvent_EmailReceived suggestion, it should detect the pop3 emails too :D
something like this is what I have in mind

OnEvent_EmailReceived(
    [string] Email,
    [number] Amount,
);

This post was edited on 10-25-2006 at 09:35 PM by Jesus.
10-25-2006 09:29 PM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
I'd realy like to have more control over the file transfers, like Messenger.FileTransfers returns a FileTrans object which can be iterated to retrieve a FileTran object with methods like FileTran.Stop, and Properties like FileTran.FileName, FileTran.FileSize, FileTran.Speed, FileTran.Direction (return enumerator, 0 = inbound, 1 = outbound).

Also, if a message is received, the raw package seems to include the email too, so maybe it's not that impossible to include the email as a parameter in the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, I intercepted 2 interesting packages with Xniff:

« (283) MSG email@gmail.com his%20name 89  MIME-Version: 1.0  Content-Type: text/x-msmsgscontrol  TypingUser: email@gmail.com

« (325) MSG email@gmail.com his%20name 130  MIME-Version: 1.0  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8  X-MMS-IM-Format: FN=MS%20Shell%20Dlg; EF=; CO=0; CS=0; PF=0    heya :P

As you can see (i changed the emailadress a bit of course) the email address is sent, followed by the name that is going to be displayed (if you change this, you got that chat-only-name feature, i guess) and at the end somewhere is the actual message.
Also the first message shows an incoming "<user> is typing." message, which you can block if outbound, so nobody can see that you are typing (a script request for this has been made actually)

Maybe it's an idea to include the raw package as a parameter in OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage and OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage, and/or make 2 events like OnEvent_ReceiveRawPackage and OnEvent_SendRawPackage (triggered before actual sending, so you can edit it), so that you can have just that little bit of extra control over the raw packages.

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 02:49 PM by Plan-1130.
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
10-25-2006 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
so maybe it's not that impossible to include the email as a parameter in the OnEvent_ReceivedMessage

If you were replying to my suggestion here, but I meant an OnEvent_EmailReceived event, fired when you receive a new email message.
If you meant the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, an Email parameter would be cool, but if it was possible to determine which contact the message came from (this is currently impossible for MP!L) I'd rather have a Contact object added as a parameter.
10-25-2006 10:56 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Plan-1130, Plus! doesn't use packet sniffing. It uses as little as possible the protocol.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2006 12:13 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Plan-1130, Plus! doesn't use packet sniffing. It uses as little as possible the protocol.
Then how does it generate the OnEvent_SigninReady() event?
quote:
Originally posted by scripting docs
This event is generated some time (generally within 10 seconds) after the current user signs in the Messenger service. Messenger Plus! waits until no more "ILN - initially online" message is received from the server.
10-26-2006 12:53 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
It uses as little as possible the protocol.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2006 01:10 AM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
If you were replying to my suggestion here, but I meant an OnEvent_EmailReceived event, fired when you receive a new email message.
If you meant the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, an Email parameter would be cool, but if it was possible to determine which contact the message came from (this is currently impossible for MP!L) I'd rather have a Contact object added as a parameter.
I meant the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, I'm sorry, post updated, and i agree with the Contact object instead of Email
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It uses as little as possible the protocol.
But why not change that a little, as far as i know it's legal (unlike the hiding of the advertisements feature MP once had), and it would be so incredibly cool to script.
And i think it's not that hard for Patchou because he wrote MessengerPlus! Live already. It might take some time to write, but it would be soo much worth it. A new world will be opened for scripters and Patchou himself.
A new breed of scripts will arise!

This post was edited on 10-26-2006 at 02:52 PM by Plan-1130.
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
10-26-2006 02:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
if a message is received, the raw package seems to include the email too, so maybe it's not that impossible to include the email as a parameter in the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, I intercepted 2 interesting packages with Xniff:

« (283) MSG email@gmail.com his%20name 89  MIME-Version: 1.0  Content-Type: text/x-msmsgscontrol  TypingUser: email@gmail.com

« (325) MSG email@gmail.com his%20name 130  MIME-Version: 1.0  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8  X-MMS-IM-Format: FN=MS%20Shell%20Dlg; EF=; CO=0; CS=0; PF=0    heya :P

I just tried to get the email in OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage by using Pai's Xniff to save the email address that comes with every text message in the protocol to a variable, which could be retrieved from within the event code. Unfortunately, Xniff only detects the incoming protocol message after OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage is fired :( so it's quite useless, unless you want to know who sent you the message before the last one :P
10-27-2006 01:01 AM
Pages: (15): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: