What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3146
Reputation: 43
27 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2003
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
here's what to do if you don't want to install SP3:

in windows update, follow the steps as if you were to install SP3, up until the part where the SP3 installer starts. once that happens, close your eyes for an hour. when you open them again, your computer definitely won't have SP3 installed, and windows update will never bother you about it again.

quote:
Originally posted by ShakyTech
You say Microsoft are soooooo good?

Do you work for them?

IE 7....a rip off of Mozilla Firefox.
yeah, they stole that "browse the web" feature! it's almost as if they do the exact same thing!
quote:
Windows 98...so bad at the beginning they had to bring out Version 2.
would you have preferred it better if they called 98SE "Windows 99"?
quote:
Windows ME....so many bugs.
and? that was 8 years ago.

quote:
They don't get it right everytime.  If they did they would never need so many support pages for when their software goes wrong.
how clueless can you be? SP3 isn't a new OS -- it's an *update*. as in, the exact thing designed to FIX problems that they didn't get right the first time! that's the entire POINT behind SP3. it was created solely to *fix* bugs. on top of that, don't forget about all the security updates it has -- purposely not installing it is like willingly choosing to run openly buggy software.

quote:
I use Microsoft products all the time, but spend more time helping people who have problems with Microsoft software.

BTW I have been working with computers for 20 years....have you?

it wouldn't matter if you've been working with computers for 100 years if you've been doing it wrong the entire time.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-18-2008 12:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3658
Reputation: 61
31 / Male / Flag
Joined: Aug 2006
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
it wouldn't matter if you've been working with computers for 100 years if you've been doing it wrong the entire time.

(L) Awesomeness.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-18-2008 01:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice
*****


Posts: 1407
Reputation: 92
Joined: Feb 2003
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
as much as shawnz is a little arrogant bastard, he's right
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-18-2008 02:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar
woot simpson

Posts: 1304
Reputation: 20
– / Male / Flag
Joined: Sep 2006
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
how clueless can you be? SP3 isn't a new OS -- it's an *update*. as in, the exact thing designed to FIX problems that they didn't get right the first time! that's the entire POINT behind SP3. it was created solely to *fix* bugs. on top of that, don't forget about all the security updates it has -- purposely not installing it is like willingly choosing to run openly buggy software.
he is right the only reason your windows software should be buggy is cos you don't update it, if it was actually that buggy and they weren't doing at least something right would they still have the market share?

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer














09-18-2008 10:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShakyTech
New Member
*

Human error = 100% computer fails

Posts: 5
47 / Male / Flag
Joined: Sep 2008
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
:@MEGABYTE ME!!!!!!!!!:@

ShawnZ is not very well informed.  And yes arrogant.

A search of google using "XP Service Pack 3 problems" showed almost 8Million hits.

I know the Service Packs are there to fix bugs, but the latest SP3 causes a fundamental error....it causes systems to go into a reboot loop.  However as ShawnZ seems not to have a problem with it then I guess the millions who have a problem with it are all wrong and he's the only right guy.

If you thik ShawnZ is right and all-powerful then you and he won't want to visit this page....
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/09/windows_x...3_reboots_crashes/

End of Discussion.
09-18-2008 12:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar
woot simpson

Posts: 1304
Reputation: 20
– / Male / Flag
Joined: Sep 2006
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
quote:
Originally posted by ShakyTech
:@MEGABYTE ME!!!!!!!!!:@

ShawnZ is not very well informed.  And yes arrogant.

A search of google using "XP Service Pack 3 problems" showed almost 8Million hits.

I know the Service Packs are there to fix bugs, but the latest SP3 causes a fundamental error....it causes systems to go into a reboot loop.  However as ShawnZ seems not to have a problem with it then I guess the millions who have a problem with it are all wrong and he's the only right guy.

If you thik ShawnZ is right and all-powerful then you and he won't want to visit this page....
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/09/windows_x...3_reboots_crashes/

End of Discussion.
there is no technical credit to that article, i haven't had problems with sp3 neither has anyone i know and i know m$ aren't the smartest shark in the pond but they did beta test sp3,  cos if it did what that artical says it does it would not have been released

quote:
Originally posted by ShakyTech
A search of google using "XP Service Pack 3 problems" showed almost 8Million hits.


[Image: attachment.php?pid=927615]
google results can be used to prove anything



quote:
Originally posted by ShakyTech
End of Discussion.

now who's being arrogant?

.jpg File Attachment: googleresults.JPG (43.98 KB)
This file has been downloaded 37365 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-19-2008 at 10:53 AM by Jarrod.

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer














09-18-2008 01:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3658
Reputation: 61
31 / Male / Flag
Joined: Aug 2006
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
A search of google using "XP Service Pack 3 problems" showed almost 8Million hits.

because it searches for "problems", "service and "pack" even if "XP" and "3" are not found... they just have less relevant results. I bet only a few pages would be what you were looking for and only a handful of them relevant to a specific problem and none of them caused by XP Service Pack 3, but rather by incompetant users such as yourself. End of Discussion.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-18-2008 03:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mkl
New Member
*


Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 2008
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Hi everyone,

First post here. I ran into pretty much the same problem as the OP. I think if I give out as much information as I can, then you could better provide me with some expert help.

My computer had a virus/spyware problem a year ago, and I fixed it with a rootkit anti virus program. I also "fixed" the computer with RegCure, or so I think. Turns out that drwstn32.exe starts to open many copies of itself after I use the computer for a few days and opened more programs. At that time, I have to shut it down and restart it to solve the problem. Also, sometimes the computer says Winlogon.exe has failed upon restarting.

So two days ago, I was updating Windows SP3, and I opened a few programs during upgrade. I did not shut down the laptop for a few days, and the Dr. Watson problem happened. At that time, nothing was working, and being a smartass that I was, I manually unplugged my laptop to restart it, thinking that Windows has saved the previous good configuration.

When I restarted it, XP tried to restore to its previous configuration. However, half way through, the C000021a error occurred. I could not even get it to start in safe mode, or restore previous configuration. Right after the XP splash screen, the blue screen shows up.

So right now I cannot even get into my computer. I'm not too great with command prompt, so I'm not sure what to do. Of course, I did not back up my documents in there. A fresh reinstallation would probably work, but I don't want to lose my files. My friends also suggested using Linux to get the files out and then reinstall the OS. That might work, but if there is an easier solution it would be great.

Would repairing it with a XP disc work? It's a Dell laptop, and I don't have the recovery disc with me. Would any XP disc work? Thank you very much for all your help. Without a computer, it's like 1996 all over again, except this time, I don't have any toys.




.jpg File Attachment: 09182008157.jpg (150.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 426 time(s).
09-18-2008 11:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar
woot simpson

Posts: 1304
Reputation: 20
– / Male / Flag
Joined: Sep 2006
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
A search of google using "XP Service Pack 3 problems" showed almost 8Million hits.
it was not me who posted that:P
quote:
Originally posted by mkl
Hi everyone,

First post here. I ran into pretty much the same problem as the OP. I think if I give out as much information as I can, then you could better provide me with some expert help.

My computer had a virus/spyware problem a year ago, and I fixed it with a rootkit anti virus program. I also "fixed" the computer with RegCure, or so I think. Turns out that drwstn32.exe starts to open many copies of itself after I use the computer for a few days and opened more programs. At that time, I have to shut it down and restart it to solve the problem. Also, sometimes the computer says Winlogon.exe has failed upon restarting.

So two days ago, I was updating Windows SP3, and I opened a few programs during upgrade. I did not shut down the laptop for a few days, and the Dr. Watson problem happened. At that time, nothing was working, and being a smartass that I was, I manually unplugged my laptop to restart it, thinking that Windows has saved the previous good configuration.

When I restarted it, XP tried to restore to its previous configuration. However, half way through, the C000021a error occurred. I could not even get it to start in safe mode, or restore previous configuration. Right after the XP splash screen, the blue screen shows up.

So right now I cannot even get into my computer. I'm not too great with command prompt, so I'm not sure what to do. Of course, I did not back up my documents in there. A fresh reinstallation would probably work, but I don't want to lose my files. My friends also suggested using Linux to get the files out and then reinstall the OS. That might work, but if there is an easier solution it would be great.

Would repairing it with a XP disc work? It's a Dell laptop, and I don't have the recovery disc with me. Would any XP disc work? Thank you very much for all your help. Without a computer, it's like 1996 all over again, except this time, I don't have any toys.
@mkl, doing that could work but it is not guaranteed that that will fix your problem, you might as well boot into something other than windows and back up everything, that's how we'd do it at work then if the repair doesn't fix it we'd preform a format

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer














09-19-2008 11:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3146
Reputation: 43
27 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2003
RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
try uninstalling the service pack from the recovery console :p

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/unins...onsole/169701.html
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-19-2008 12:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »


Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new threads
You cannot post replies
You cannot post attachments
You can edit your posts
HTML is Off
myCode is On
Smilies are On
[img] Code is On