What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Why do you believe in God?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Poll: Why do you believe in God
I believe in God because He has shown Himself to me.
I believe in God because a prayer I said came true.
I believe in God because I believe what the Bible says.
I believe in God because my parents did.
I believe in God because of what my school taught me.
I believe in God because I want there to be some point to life.
I believe in God because I want to go to heaven when I die.
I believe in God because everyone else does.
I believe in God but I don't know why.
I believe in God for another reason (post the reason).
I'm not sure if I believe in God or not.
I don't believe in God.
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why do you believe in God?
Author: Message:
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Why do you believe in God?
@thekid, amen

@evolution arguments... It had to come from somewhere, even the photons...? right?

And ever heard of entropy? Every reaction will increase disorder... (second law of thermodynamics) so how did the stars clutter together (is clutter a correct english word?)

Also the earths rotation speed is decreasing, 'scientific' studies show an average decrease of 2,2 seconds every 100.000 years... If you'd calculate it back, to the 'alleged' 5 billion years ago the earth 'formed', the rotation would be 30 hours less than on the present day... a bit awkward. even if it is a bit off scale, it would still mean the earth was spinning increadibly fast, which would've caused huge centrifugal forces

And another thing, the moons orbit is increasing with 3.8 cm every year, calculated back, this would mean the earth was 190.000 km closer to the earth, of the 384 450 km nowadays... Almost twice as close, this would mean 4x the gravitational force of the moon on earth, which would cause major, major tides... It would be very unlikely that life could form under such conditions

And I would also like to hear how the first bacteria were formed...?

Maybe we could create a seperate debate thread for this...
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-20-2006 10:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
The books in the bible written about Jesus wasn't started until 40 years after he died. Now, back then you weren't expected to live that long, 30 years would have been old! So that means it would of have to of been passed down through word of mouth.

These people didn't have science to justify what they saw, and with those 40 years a lot changed. Think about it, how many times a story would have changed between those years. And then even more because the writtings would have been lost or people changed things.

Now, for the people who said you don't need to see God/Jesus to believe him. After he died on the cross he rose again after three days right? Well after those three days Jesus went to meet his disciples and many other people. Over 100 people in fact (it's in the bible) to show that he did actually rise from the dead. Why couldn't he do that now?

Pray for Jesus to appear, will he? No he won't. But, in Matthew 7:7 he said he would answer our prayers. And in Mark 9:23, Jesus said, "All things are possible to him who believes.". Well if it was possible (which is since he showed himself to over 100 people) why doesn't he show himself?

What about God, Luke 1:37: "For with God nothing will be impossible.". So if you pray to see them, you shall get your request answered.

So what are you going to say now? Thou shalt not test the lord? Really so you're going to say don't take the bible literally but then go and take that verse literally? That just doesn't make sense. Then again that's religion for ya.

And for the people who "see" him every day, get off the drugs or go find the proper drugs to help your condition.

Religion is a farce these days. Many leaders are just money hungry people. I still can't believe some people are so dense to believe this stuff. Look at it with an open mind and you will become a better person.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
09-20-2006 10:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

O.P. RE: RE: Why do you believe in God?
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
The books in the bible written about Jesus wasn't started until 40 years after he died. Now, back then you weren't expected to live that long, 30 years would have been old! So that means it would of have to of been passed down through word of mouth.

These people didn't have science to justify what they saw, and with those 40 years a lot changed. Think about it, how many times a story would have changed between those years. And then even more because the writtings would have been lost or people changed things.

Now, for the people who said you don't need to see God/Jesus to believe him. After he died on the cross he rose again after three days right? Well after those three days Jesus went to meet his disciples and many other people. Over 100 people in fact (it's in the bible) to show that he did actually rise from the dead. Why couldn't he do that now?

Pray for Jesus to appear, will he? No he won't. But, in Matthew 7:7 he said he would answer our prayers. And in Mark 9:23, Jesus said, "All things are possible to him who believes.". Well if it was possible (which is since he showed himself to over 100 people) why doesn't he show himself?

What about God, Luke 1:37: "For with God nothing will be impossible.". So if you pray to see them, you shall get your request answered.

So what are you going to say now? Thou shalt not test the lord? Really so you're going to say don't take the bible literally but then go and take that verse literally? That just doesn't make sense. Then again that's religion for ya.

And for the people who "see" him every day, get off the drugs or go find the proper drugs to help your condition.

Religion is a farce these days. Many leaders are just money hungry people. I still can't believe some people are so dense to believe this stuff. Look at it with an open mind and you will become a better person.

I agree. In fact, I think religion is a perfect example of how weak and gullible the human mind is.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-21-2006 12:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
I believe in God, but my mind is open. I don't have any particular reason why I believe, I just do.

My dad once told me something.

He said "It doesn't matter what you believe in, it just matters that you believe in something." And it's a great comfort sometimes.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6700 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, 15 seconds ago
09-21-2006 12:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit

And I'd like to hear how god was created. You only have faith to rely on. With science, there are theories created by geniuses across the world which all interconnect so well they almost have to be true.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-21-2006 02:37 AM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit

And I'd like to hear how god was created. You only have faith to rely on. With science, there are theories created by geniuses across the world which all interconnect so well they almost have to be true.

Faith is just that. Faith. If you could prove it, it wouldn't be the same.

I believe in science and God. They don't necessarily have to conflict.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6700 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, 15 seconds ago
09-21-2006 02:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Faith is just that. Faith. If you could prove it, it wouldn't be the same.

I believe in science and God. They don't necessarily have to conflict.

i didn't say you could prove it, i just said you have no more than faith
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-21-2006 02:51 AM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Why do you believe in God?
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
Originally posted by linx05

I agree. In fact, I think religion is a perfect example of how weak and gullible the human mind is.

x2

I dont believe what the bible says, but u get to the point that u ask.. how the hell everything started?

big bang is a theory i really like.. and almost believe..

So thats why i selected.. i dont know if i believe. =/
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
09-21-2006 05:02 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
In fact, I think religion is a perfect example of how weak and gullible the human mind is.
amen brother, testify!:P
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes, 15 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-21-2006 05:18 AM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
I believe in God because I choose to.
09-21-2006 05:18 AM