What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Reply Notification

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[Request] Reply Notification
Author: Message:
duck!

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Reply Notification
use rss reader and http://shoutbox.menthix.net/backend.php?get=latestthreads < thats threads though not posts in the thread
QUACK QUACK QUACK

09-23-2006 06:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Reply Notification
and there is also still  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/tab/
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-23-2006 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
IamFroggy

Senior Web Monkey Extraordinaire

47 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Request] Reply Notification
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I hear you... though in one thing you are wrong though:
quote:
Originally posted by IamFroggy
If the user edits the frequency, I cant be held to blame , look at virus writers, you cant blame the makers of c compilers or such for the code users make eh?
that comparisson is faulty.

Nope, we can't blame the compiler creators (aka scripting engine), we wont do that either. We blame the virus creators (aka the scripters)....

If you want to use such a comparisson then it should be: you are the programmer (the virus writer) using a scripting engine (the c compiler) and you can be blamed for the script (the virus) you created by the admins of this forum (the companies that get damage by the virus).

;)

:) AW well , that to is faulty as my intention as said was to set the interval  to some harmless frequency , so as such the script I would make would not be harmful in itself, but would have the potential to be harmful.

Mind you I can be doing without  winding people up the wrong way or causing  trouble ;)

I'd either not make it , or maybe I'd put the scraping  functions and frequency limiters  in a dll somehow

Polling a mail address is a useful idea , but not robust as I would like for general use  on forum sites that don't  offer that sort of functionality.
09-24-2006 11:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Request] Reply Notification
quote:
Originally posted by IamFroggy
Polling a mail address is a useful idea , but not robust as I would like for general use  on forum sites that don't  offer that sort of functionality.
very true... though, I think a script which polls the user's email address would be very usefull for even only these forums.

Not to mention that once you have such a script it would be extremely easy to adapt it so it can be used for other forums. Can even be done within a nice GUI.

(at least, I definatly would use it // in fact, I had the very same idea and it is on my todo list for a very long time already (almost as long as the first release of Plus!Live, thus long before this thread was created... but I'm too lazy to even start working on it :p)

This post was edited on 09-24-2006 at 12:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-24-2006 12:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: