What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Webcam Command

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[Request] Webcam Command
Author: Message:
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Webcam Command
Hmm... I thought something like this might happen... I'll try and fix it tomorrow but for now the /Cam command is still in place.
04-15-2007 08:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kinzzz

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] Webcam Command
No problem! ;) the /Cam command is working fine till then ;)

I've set my status "away" set the automessage:  /Cam  and that is working great now ;) only thing is that contacts first have to say something...but that's ok for now ;) I'm really happy you've got it this far in one day!! :D

ps.
Sorry for bad english sometimes :$ I'm dutch myself. ;)

This post was edited on 04-15-2007 at 08:19 PM by Kinzzz.
04-15-2007 08:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
Okay... I have added a timer that waits 5 seconds before trying to send the webcam request.

I still don't know if this is going to work since I don't want to test this on my contacts. But tell me if it doesn't and I'll try and think about what's stopping it. But hopefully this time I got it right :P.

--EDIT--

I don't believe this :| Second time I've forgotten to attach the file :$

Good Luck, (Y)
David

.plsc File Attachment: WebcamScript.plsc (3.43 KB)
This file has been downloaded 251 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-16-2007 at 02:41 PM by win_crook.
04-16-2007 02:38 PM
Kinzzz

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] Webcam Command
hahaha :P I'll test it and let you know ;)

works great! Thanks!! :D it doesn't wait 5 seconds, and send the request when the contact comes online...but it doesn't says that the contact is offline anymore;) so it should be good now! Great job!!.. but if I'll find a problem in the next 2 days I'll let you know ;)

This post was edited on 04-16-2007 at 07:50 PM by WDZ.
04-16-2007 04:37 PM
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
Okay... I've sent you a private message containing my email address should you need any other support or updates after this thread becomes old.
04-16-2007 04:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] Webcam Command
quote:
Originally posted by win_crook
Right... after doing some research the best way that I can see this being done is to make a group of contacts (e.g Webcam Contacts) and put all the contacts that you want to automatically send webcam requests into that group.

It makes it easier for me as the script developer to pick out the contacts that need the request sending to.

(...)

I decided against doing it the group way, since this way seemed much simpler.
Scripts do not have access to groups in the contactlist. It would never have worked.

PS: don't attach new version in every post. If you update the script, edit one of your posts and attach the new version. It is majorly confusing for people to check and see which version to download or which version they have. If you have 1 post which always have the latest version that would be way easier. And if you have an update make a new post and link to the pos/attachment where the script is ;) (also don't try to double post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button instead)

PS: The scripts renders errors in reading the file with emails. Check your debugging window.

Tip: try not to save emails as plain text, but rather handle and save them by their MSNID hash. See CookieRevised's reply to MSN ID calculator... This because of privacy and security reasons. ;)

This post was edited on 04-16-2007 at 07:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-16-2007 07:05 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] Webcam Command
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Resource hacker. Find the menu resource and then put the specific menu item's ID in the message. :)
Is it really THAT easy?! :O I have to note that. :P

You can also use Spy++/Winspector to see WM_COMMAND messages posted, from there you can find commands not found in menus. :)
4 8 15 16 23 42
04-16-2007 07:18 PM
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
Thanks a lot for that post CookieRevised :) I realised that about the groups in the contact list so that's why I ended up doing it this way ;)

About the double posting: You've probably already realised I'm quite new here, and don't really have much other forum experience so this is a bit of a first for me... so I will keep that in mind for next time :D

About the errors... I hadn't actually noticed them because they don't affect the functionality of the script, but I'll get around to fixing that when I have a spare moment.

And when I hash the MSN email address how would I decode it? Or if you don't need to decode it to open a contact window with the hashed Id, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks again,
David
04-17-2007 06:05 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: