What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Who here smokes?

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Poll: Do you smoke?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who here smokes?
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Who here smokes?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
again, addiction....
Addiction is just a word to be honest, you can only be addicted to something if you're weak to it, if you're strong then you can give that addiction up, people have done it a lot all over the world. I'm not sure whether you're condoning people smoking or what :s.
quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
I smoke, and I honestly don't give two shits about what other people think about my habbit.  It's my body, and I'll do what I please to it.  And if other people don't like it, stay the hell away from me.
Well that's a great outlook on smoking, well done. Seriously though, you go somewhere and try to keep away from smoking, in the room that I'm in now, out of about 20 people i bet 10 of them smoke, try keeping away from that every time you want to go out to enjoy yourself and have a nice meal. I'd rather have a nice meal and come back smelling nice, rather than have a nice meal ruined by the smell of dirty old fags and go home smelling like a filthy ashtray. Stop trying to be so severe about your smoking, it's not our fault you're killing yourself, but well done for that! I hope you enjoy killing your family :).
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Anybody can quit if they put in the time and effort.

That's exactly what I'm saying, all it needs is the effort, but people are too weak to give it up, it's lame.
10-02-2006 09:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Who here smokes?
quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
I smoke, and I honestly don't give two shits about what other people think about my habbit.  It's my body, and I'll do what I please to it.  And if other people don't like it, stay the hell away from me.
You do realise that by smokeing around other people you are making them breathe in your harmful smoke? So unless you always smoke nowhere near any other person you can't say "its my body" because its not just you you're affecting.

I've never smoked in my life, never wanted to get into it. It doesn't do anything for you (like the effects of other drugs) but it does slowly kill you, make you unfit and cost a lot of money.
Most of my friends smoke and none of the say i should start, and most of them wish they hadn't.

However I gave up with lecturing people about smoking a long time ago, it takes personal will power to quit, so they have the want to do quit themselves before they will.
10-02-2006 10:23 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
i dont and never will because it will be the end of me [Image: msn_sad.gif]

only SOMETIMES, when i smell the smoke it reminds me of the time before i moved to canada because russia is a big smoking country. otherwise i hate it.
10-02-2006 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I don't smoke anymore. I used too but i had to quit due to another health issue (before you ask, no that's not caused by the smoking).
quote:
In fact, extremely many studies have shown that they who quit cold turkey actually start smoking again later (even years later) when a certain situation (stress?) comes up again.
The way you quit doesn't really matter..it's the stress factor making people smoke again. I am a perfect example of that..after beeing off smoking for 13 years i started again for that very reason. Before i could quit again i tried the smoke less then quit way too (you know about that...London)..but that doesn't work, at some point stress will trigger it and you will smoke more and more again thinking hey i'll smoke less again tomorrow (giving yourself an excuse to smoke that one cigarette more cuz you're stressing about something). Quiting cold turkey is hard too but it is the only way...also looking at some gross pictures and readin stories about those who got seriously ill when you feel the urge to smoke again helps.

To all who keep telling people to stop smoking: the care is appreciated but don't overdo it because that will work the other way around. You will stress the smoker by nagging about his/her smoking. Smokers do know its unhealthy, but quitting isn't as easy as it seems to those who never been addicted to anything.

This post was edited on 10-02-2006 at 12:07 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-02-2006 11:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
I never smoked, never will, (at least i hope thats true) The teachers in my school stress it out so much "dont smoke, dont smoke, dont do drugs, dont buy crack". I find it makes people more curious to try those things. Heres my story(s). My mom, dad, used to smoke, but forutatnly they werent weak to give up, my sister.,, i dont know, because if i asked her, (she is 18) she wouldn't tell me. AS for my grandpa. :( He is 69, he startded smoking when he was 17, or 18 and when he was 55, he had this heart surgey, when they take a veign out of your leg, and transfer the blood to your heart or someting :S. And what do you know... He still smokes,s ometimes he lies to my grandpa and quit.. So of the people you know that smoke,, do you know how MUCH they smoke a day? My grandpa id say half a pack or less..
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
10-02-2006 12:09 PM
wolfeboy100

34 / Male / Flag
i tried it once and i hated it and i will never do it again and i feel like living a little longer too
[Image: signature-user=76&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
10-02-2006 12:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
How could you wolfeboy? :P
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
10-02-2006 12:26 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't because I find it a disgusting habit, it makes people stink and isn't "sociable" whatsoever, I don't find walking through a pub and getting a faceful of used carbon dioxide blown at me sociable at all. I'm glad it's being banned in public :).
I agree and btw, its been banned here for ages. Your country is slow :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-02-2006 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
I tried to understand what smoking does to someone, I tried it once and it does nothing but leaves an unpleasant breath.:(
[Image: signature3phpga4.png]
10-02-2006 01:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Who here smokes?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
again, addiction....
Addiction is just a word to be honest, you can only be addicted to something if you're weak to it, if you're strong then you can give that addiction up, people have done it a lot all over the world. I'm not sure whether you're condoning people smoking or what :s.
calling people weak because they can't quit just like that only shows you don't know a thing about what an addiction is tbh.

Addiction is far from just a word. And no, I certainly do not recommend smoking to anybody, or whatever other strong addiction, but until you are strongly addicted to something you can't talk about like that, sorry.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-02-2006 01:05 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: