What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Who here smokes?

Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Poll: Do you smoke?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who here smokes?
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Who here smokes?
Just seeing how many people here smoke tobacco, I don't care about any other illegal substances.

I'm also curious as to why you do (or don't) smoke?

I don't because I find it a disgusting habit, it makes people stink and isn't "sociable" whatsoever, I don't find walking through a pub and getting a faceful of used carbon dioxide blown at me sociable at all. I'm glad it's being banned in public :).

This post was edited on 10-02-2006 at 06:56 AM by user27089.
10-02-2006 06:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Who here smokes?
I can't stand being around people who are/have been smoking, it makes me want to throw up, the smell just makes me ill.

I always yell at my friends because they smoke, but they all know not to do it around me.
10-02-2006 06:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't because I find it a disgusting habit, it makes people stink and isn't "sociable" whatsoever, I don't find walking through a pub and getting a faceful of used carbon dioxide blown at me sociable at all. I'm glad it's being banned in public :).
Hear, hear.

This post was edited on 10-02-2006 at 07:01 AM by Underlord.
10-02-2006 06:59 AM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
My mum and dad smoke. My dad had tongue cancer becasue of it. So this pushes me away from wanting to smoke even more ;)
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

10-02-2006 07:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
I dont smoke (im 14) and i never will:P i think the smells horrible and makes me feel ill.

Speaking for my mum and dad though, we run a pub and when they ban smoking in pubs, we would loose quite abit of money as mopst of our customers smoke :undecided:. We havent got a pub garden so they would have to stand out the front to smoke, i dont think people would do that.

So, even though i hate smoking, i dont think it should be banned as many pubs will loose customers and money :tongue:.
10-02-2006 07:02 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Who here smokes?
quote:
Originally posted by lordy
I can't stand being around people who are/have been smoking, it makes me want to throw up, the smell just makes me ill.

I always yell at my friends because they smoke, but they all know not to do it around me.

I got very drunk once and smoked a bit too much (that was back when I didn't care that much about smoking) and I went to the Wacky Warehouse and threw up everywhere. Since then the smell of smoke literally makes me heave. I always yell at my sister and her girlfriend because they constantly smoke, the first thing they do in the morning is go out and have a cigarette, you can't be that dependant that the first thing you do in the morning isn't brush your teeth or get dressed, it's make yourself stink already by having a fag. It's pathetic and it really pisses me off, they're like "i'm quitting" but I swear to god that they shouldn't be so god damn weak and just give up:@. Man, there's my rant... Smoking really pisses me off, I stole their fags once as a joke so they wouldn't smoke them and they went mental at me, they were at the point where they were both going to try and hurt me to get them back :-/.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
My mum and dad smoke. My dad had tongue cancer becasue of it. So this pushes me away from wanting to smoke even more ;)

Yet he still smokes? That's idiotic, no offence to your dad.

Why do people still smoke even after all of the warnings and first hand experience they've had?

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
I dont smoke (im 14) and i never will:P i think the smells horrible and makes me feel ill.

Speaking for my mum and dad though, we run a pub and when they ban smoking in pubs, we would loose quite abit of money as mopst of our customers smoke :undecided:. We havent got a pub garden so they would have to stand out the front to smoke, i dont think people would do that.

So, even though i hate smoking, i dont think it should be banned as many pubs will loose customers and money :tongue:.

There's a pub in my area that has a massive non-smoking area and a small area where you can eat, drink and smoke at the same time, the business is thriving and it's a really nice pub to go to, the business for them is thriving, so I doubt the smoking ban will cause any major damage to your parents pub, as long as you serve food that is.

This post was edited on 10-02-2006 at 07:05 AM by user27089.
10-02-2006 07:03 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
It's very well to say that but once you start making exceptions, where does it stop?
10-02-2006 07:06 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Who here smokes?
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
It's very well to say that but once you start making exceptions, where does it stop?

Exactly.

What annoys me the most is when people smoke around their kids, other peoples kids and their friends who don't smoke. They can smoke all they want, all they're doing is killing themselves, making their lives a lot shorter than what we already are, shouldn't you cherish the time you've got in the world? There's no need to make the peoples' lives around you shorter, damage your own body all you want, but how fair is it if you're damaging the bodies of children and other people around you?

I'm in a proper rant now, it makes me want to go into all shops in my area and just burn all of the fags and the other supplies of fags that they already have, eithe rthat or throw them in a giant tub of milk.
10-02-2006 07:10 AM
Aeryn

– / Female / –
I have never tried smoking and I never will. I think already the smell of tobacco is disgusting enough, can't understand how people can do it and why they should even do it. After all, it's unpleasant, unhealthy and spends your money.

This post was edited on 10-02-2006 at 07:22 AM by Aeryn.
10-02-2006 07:18 AM
Woraug

A Credit to Dementia

36 / Male / –
I smoke, and I honestly don't give two shits about what other people think about my habbit.  It's my body, and I'll do what I please to it.  And if other people don't like it, stay the hell away from me.
[Image: Sentinel.png]
10-02-2006 07:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: