What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What the hell is going on?

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
What the hell is going on?
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Tongue  What the hell is going on?
Honestly people, what the hell is going on with this forum at the moment?

I've been coming here for almost 3 years now, and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot, it's not everybody and i'm not blaming everybody but it's really aggrevating me, i'm sure it's aggrevating a hell of a lot of other people too.

There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

The communities reputation is at stake here if people don't think before they post, this used to be a much more reputable community for some of the members came here and just seemed to ruin it, people only seem to care about two things: their post count and their reputation, and it's pathetic... You're here to help, ignore those... if you're helping then you're killing two birds with one stone, if you read what I just wrote carefully you'll understand what I mean.

There are also some people out there who feel the need to be assholes to everyone, please to God be nice to people, even if they don't have the same beliefs as them, at least don't do it in public to humiliate the person, do it via. private message and have it out in private. Doing something publically is not always the best thing, it means others will get involved and it's just not what this forum needs.

A lot of forum members have left because of what i've said above, a lot of these people were good people who didn't have to leave, and it's all our fault, if they would've stayed i'm sure the forums quality would be a lot better than it is right now. I've considered leaving this forum many times, but I can't do it, I've even had to hide General Chit Chat, Poll Station and Testing & Trashing because it was getting on my nerves so badly.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
"What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?"

This post was edited on 10-11-2006 at 06:35 PM by user27089.
10-11-2006 06:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: What the hell is going on?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

Not at all, your right it needed to be said, and i'm glad someone did. I do like T&T as much as the next guy but i swear there is about 3 threads all full of the same thing. I spam, i know but some of the stuff lately and the recent bashing and crazy stuffs that's been going on are too crazy. I haven't been here long enough to say what it was like before or whatever. But i have still seen the decline. :\

meh
</whine>
:P
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-11-2006 06:10 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker
Nah, you're right.

I've noticed that there is too much spam, too much arguing and too much lying :S

Would be nice if everyone just read Traxors post and took in what he is saying and try and change your attitude, if you know your doing something that isn't going to help anyone, like arguing, restrain yourself from doing so.

I think a good phrase to for forum members to read would be:
"What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?"
Or maybe it's just pathetic...8-)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-11-2006 06:28 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
You're right, this has been going on for quite some time now... I remember the big topics that were here after I returned from being away for some time that were about the same thing. It doesn't seem to get better.

Partly this is something that comes with getting bigger, the more users and kind of community gets, the more people will drift away from eachother and fights and such drama will happen. But we are going down pretty fast, loosing a lot of great members. It would be very cool to get the old spirit back in the community, but I just don't know how.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-11-2006 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I suppose I have been spamming too much
quote:
all of the videos

:sad: Even mine :(?

I know that there is a loss of quality in the forum.
quote:
There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

Well, I do not think any major changes should be made of this. I think all we can do is urge others to um....do the opposite :p (I am probably one of the people who posts useless threads and stuff....but I can talk serious when I need to)
quote:
I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

I don't do that :D
quote:
What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?

Keep the laughter :)

This post was edited on 10-11-2006 at 07:11 PM by prashker.
10-11-2006 07:09 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: What the hell is going on?
Yes sam, even your videos are getting really annoying, i watched the first few but after that it just got too overwhelming and they weren't even funny, sorry.
10-11-2006 07:10 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
I dunno what to write as I haven't even been here half-a-year...

Anyways I know it's been alot of spam (and I have taken part in some of it... :/) and there has been topics that has been going on and on (like every topic about George :().

What I know for sure is...
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?

Keep the laughter :)

that Sammy is right about that. :)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
10-11-2006 07:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Yes sam, even your videos are getting really annoying, i watched the first few but after that it just got too overwhelming and they weren't even funny, sorry.

yay, haters :D

Anyways, yes ok. But that won't stop me from making video's. I take feedback seriously but, still.

Like a few days ago.

I was added by someone and they asked me if I was going to make a new video. I said possibly this weekend and then he cheered.

That makes me happy :)

Anyways sorry for the offtopic-ness. But just had to say that :)
10-11-2006 07:14 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
In all honesty, the arguing and uselessness made me concentrate on other things.. hence i've been quiet lately
10-11-2006 07:15 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Well, if ain't we bitchin' again?

Why do you even bother? You've started this kind of thread every six months. What does it change? Yes, quite a few will say "oh, yes, trax, great going!". They cut the spamming for a couple of days, and then it all goes BOOM again.

What to do to make a better community?
Report threads/posts with arguments/off-topicness, don't respond to the baiting, remember you're not the only member in the comm, have fun, remember it's not your life support, follow the rules, don't suck up to smods and admins (unless they're Chrono and WDZ :p, nah, joke), don't pretend to be an almighty member, don't help if you know nothing about a topic, don't bitch, etc.

There's T&T, where crap goes. It gets pruned often. But if people find it annoying, why not create an unnofficial forum or some crap like that? Have members go there to spam or something.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-11-2006 07:55 PM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: