What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cant sign in, and no error code

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Cant sign in, and no error code
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Cant sign in, and no error code
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For people who have trouble signing in lately (and still can't sign in today), read:

CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2006 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AnotherError

CookieRevised, I'm sure your information is very helpful to people having trouble with their contacts, but that isn't my problem. I did,though, download and and run you regedit program, however i still can't sign in. the error messgage i'm getting is

Error code: 80048820
Extended Error Code: 80048401

This error, and me not being able to sign in, started just after my windows live crashed,i was asked to send an error repor,but i didn't. Now when i try to sign in, i get those error codes.I've tried using the troubleshoot option,and tried fixing the problem many,many times. At first, it seemed the problem had something to do with the key ports, i tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, but then clicking on troubleshoot, the problem had changed to ''it seems your computer has an invalid IP adress'' So i searched the forums, and tried some information people had given,like repairing my internet connection (although it didn't need it) i checked my internet connection thoroughly,and everything seems fine there.I even tried downloading the earler, msn 7.5 in hope that windows live was having problems. But no luck, the same error came up. I'd really like some help,if anyone has had the same problem,please can you offer a fix...
thanks.

EDIT: Just thought i'd add, some people said they're able to sign in with other accounts.. i can't. Any account i try to sign in with, the same error codes come up. I have no idea what to do. Oh and i tried getting a new account, but for some reason,the page wouldn't display. Tried refreshing,but no luck. Other internet pages load fine though. heres a screenshot of the problem.

.bmp File Attachment: untitled.bmp (473.08 KB)
This file has been downloaded 237 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-27-2006 at 10:25 AM by AnotherError.
10-27-2006 10:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
AnotherError

Well,it seems the problems fixed for now, i did a system restore to yesterday,when it was working just fine.When i tried to open windows live first,an error message appeared, urging me to uninstall,then reinstall.. so i did and everything works fine now. :)
10-27-2006 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: