What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cant sign in, and no error code

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Cant sign in, and no error code
Author: Message:
N30N_F15H

O.P. Cant sign in, and no error code
last night i tried to send a voice clip , and when i clicked the play button msn crashed. now when i try to sign into my email it just keeps saying signing in, but doesnt stop. i can sign into it from windows messenger, and i can also use other email addresses on WLM, only my account is having problems.
help on this would be great.
i have also uninstalled both wlm and mp! and reinstalled them, also trying without plus installed. still didnt work.
10-15-2006 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Cant sign in, and no error code
Exit Messenger and try this:

Download and run this file: Remove Messenger Settings, which was made by Jonathan Kay [MVP].

or do it yourself (advanced)...

1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type in regedit and press enter
3. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
4. Delete the folder called MSNMessenger

After this Windows Live Messenger will login as normal.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-15-2006 03:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
N30N_F15H

O.P. RE: Cant sign in, and no error code
thanks mate. worked like a charm.
just had to set everything back, but no biggy.
10-15-2006 03:36 AM
bleedingskull

it doesnt work with mine.... looks like a brand new msn but still have the ssame issue :(
10-17-2006 04:19 AM
MOTOS

i get stuck at signing in too, i did wat u said and it dont work, when its stuck at signing in it alerts me whne i get emails and everything, it just wont load contact list or let people msg me.
10-17-2006 06:42 AM
jdunlap

Sad  RE: Cant sign in, and no error code
I'm getting the same thing: a sign-in that never ends. I tried the fixes mentioned in this thread and the others on the top page of this forum, and even uninstalled and reinstalled, and did a system restore to a date when it was known to be working, but no luck! I miss my WLM+Plus Live! :'(

The WLM connection tester says "Your machine appears to have an invalid IP address" but I've gone over all my network settings, and even tried alternate settings with no success. Skype, Windows Messenger (the one that comes with Windows), Google Talk, Grouper, Groove, and Yahoo all work fine.

I am behind only a hardware firewall that I have been using for years and have never had problems with before. No Antivirus auto-protect is running, but I scanned with AVG after the problem started happening just in case it might find something. I have not changed any WLM or Plus settings in at least the last week, nor installed anything new except a Firefox plugin (Firebug).

This post was edited on 10-17-2006 at 09:54 AM by jdunlap.
10-17-2006 09:52 AM
jdunlap

OK.. so the problem fixed itself! Couldn't sign in last night, but then this morning I could sign in just fine, even though I hadn't done anything new. :S Probably some kind of server problem that affected only WLM. Yay, WLM and Plus Live are back! :D
10-18-2006 04:20 AM
vid_88

35 / Male / Flag
I have the same problem. I can't login, the little men just keep spinning.

I e-mailed support about this and they were helpful but as yet we haven't figured out what's wrong. They've asked me to re-install and do a system restore, both of which aren't working.

When I use the registry fix and open WLM I put in my password and user name and it produces the following error:

Signing into Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Error code: 81000395

This is the first error code i've been able to produce.. but then as soon as I try and sign in again, the same problem occurs - men just keep spinning but nothing happens!

I've checked the service status and everything is running fine.

Oh also if I re-apply the registry fix, the same thing happens. First time I login it gives that error, then it just won't login.

Other people can login fine using my WLM. I can also sign in on any other computer but my own!

Using Windows XP SP2.
Scratch that. I re-registered some DLL's after finding a post through google, and all seems to be going fine! :)

vid
10-18-2006 11:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Exit Messenger and try this:

Download and run this file: Remove Messenger Settings, which was made by Jonathan Kay [MVP].

or do it yourself (advanced)...

1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type in regedit and press enter
3. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
4. Delete the folder called MSNMessenger

After this Windows Live Messenger will login as normal.

This fix is not specifically for the signin problems people are having lately, see below.

quote:
Originally posted by vid_88
They've asked me to re-install and do a system restore, both of which aren't working.
Do not do a system restore!
System restore causes more harm than anything good.

The only time you can safely do a system restore to fix a program is if you made a system restore point right after you installed that program, and didn't installed anything else afterwards like Windows updates and fixes, and you didn't changed any settings in Windows.

System restore is not a magic program backup tool or fixing tool, it should only be used in critical times when Windows doesn't even run properly anymore or in severe situations like a massive virus attack or whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by vid_88
Scratch that. I re-registered some DLL's after finding a post through google, and all seems to be going fine! :)
doubtfull it had something todo with that. You needing to re-register some DLLs might well be because of your system restore, nothing more. And if you didn't do a system restore, chances are the problem would have been solved anyways as in your case it might have been a server problem (which was fixed last night). Something you can't do anything about it.

What the system restore also might have done is removing the cached handshaking policies and fixing the problem that way. But with the system restore you also introduced many other problems (the DLLs). More info, see below.

All in all, reregistering the DLLs and/or doing the system restore is not a fix for this.

----------

For people who have trouble signing in lately (and still can't sign in today), read:

CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem

This post was edited on 10-18-2006 at 02:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2006 01:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
undefeated

i am undefeatable

30 / Male / –
Cant sign in, and no error code
I just downloaded the msn messenger 8.0 and when i sign in it says: signing in...but i wait 10 minutes and no thingy tingy!!I used the msn 7.5....i've tolken to my friend and he sayd that i have to activete my e-mail.....but he doest knows in which site!!!can u guys help me????

Sorry if i wrote something wrong...(i am portuguese)*-)
10-18-2006 08:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: