What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Email address not verified

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Email address not verified
Author: Message:
nimd4

47 / – / –
RE: Email address not verified
quote:
This error happens when the email address in your .net passport has not been confirmed to belong to you. Maybe you ignored the email they send out with a link to verify your email address? This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent), but there is a way to sort it out:

The basic strategy we will follow is based on the observation that if we change the .NET Passport's primary email address, we get resent the confirmation email. So, if you change the primary email address to something else, then change it back, you will be given the opportunity to verify your email address again.

There's a caveat, however. Doing this may mess up MSN contacts in your contact list (though I didn't have any trouble), so make a backup copy of your contactlist.xml file first.

Then go to www.passport.net and log in with the passport you use for MSN Messenger.
code:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about72155.html
03-09-2007 04:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nimd4
quote:
This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent)

Simply log in to the .NET passport (now called Windows Live ID) and request to resent the email... that's all you need to do.

This post was edited on 03-10-2007 at 12:09 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-10-2007 12:09 AM
nimd4

47 / – / –
Ok cool. I was just searching for it and posted the answer found somewhere else (thinking it could help), without actually trying it out :( So, thanks :)
03-10-2007 03:53 PM
Volum

RE: RE: Email address not verified
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:
This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent)

Simply log in to the .NET passport (now called Windows Live ID) and request to resent the email... that's all you need to do.

Where can i do the request? Can't find it
//i found it, but have another problem. devil.com doesn't exist anymore :( how to i verify it ?

This post was edited on 10-06-2008 at 02:41 PM by Volum.
10-06-2008 02:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vesves

If you have already verified your email address. Log into Live Messenger and click the drop down menu by your email address. Click on "Change Display Name"

remove (EMAIL ADDRESS NOT VERIFIED) from behind your email or change your entire email address to a different display name.

03-18-2009 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Email address not verified
quote:
Originally posted by Volum
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:

Where can i do the request? Can't find it
//i found it, but have another problem. devil.com doesn't exist anymore :( how to i verify it ?
If you have an e-mail address which does not exist any more, then you can't verify the address (the whole point of verifying it is to see that it a) exists b) being used by you).
[Image: signature.php]
03-18-2009 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: