What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
I went to the premiere of Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas Today and MY GOD IS IT GOOD!

I would go into huge review but cba too hungry and excited because i bumped into helena bonham carter literally :P

Just go see it when it comes out in your area's its out december for england i know that much not sure about US or Europe

Anyone else seen it and get given free stuff also? We all got a Jack Skeleton Doll and £££££ chocolate and water etc :D

* aNILEator goes to dance around house
10-29-2006 07:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
It's a PG i believe

Some people could be scared of the monsters in it but if i've noticed anything children aren't scared and love it yet adults don't want their kids seeing the monsters they think that it's unsuitable :S

11-01-2006 03:59 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Premiere of Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas
??????? Unless it is a (lame life action) remake, that movie has been around since 1993
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2006 04:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
It's been remastered in 3D cookie (eg it jumps out at you)

They've taken the original movie footage and cut out every frame and re-layered it.

It's sooo much better in 3D than in 2D, much more detail and interaction, so if you get the chance go see it I highly suggest you do :)
11-01-2006 05:48 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
crap.....

The reason why the movie is so good, is especially because how it was made. Remastering it with 3D overlays is raping the whole stop-motion process and quality of the movie....

Maybe I go see it (when it is released here) just to see the effect, but I sure find this "crap" and almost "insulting" to the movie and its makers...

--------------

EDIT: I did some looking around and it seems the movie has been made into a 3D but with those special glasses... This is different than what I thought it was from what you've said; I thought you said the movie was 'remade' with CGI and stuff layered over the puppet motion (eg: added shadows and stuff) to let it look more 3D...

What has been done is processing the movie so the animation is 3D when you look thru special glasses (eg: like the Shrek movie). This is a releave... and I take my words back.... However, I still think the original is, well... original, and adding anything to it is breaking its "charme" and "magic"...

I seriously hope they didn't alter anything more (like adding shadows and all)... that is maybe untill I have seen it... maybe... I have my reservations...

I think you shouldn't thinker with cult movies like that, how awesome it maybe may look.... (better make a sequal in 3D then.... oh well...)

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 02:06 AM by CookieRevised.
11-02-2006 01:53 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
As the original animators and tim burton himself explains, this is actually how the movie was made, what you saw on set during production, and it shows all the detail in the sets and character models, there has been no CG effects what so ever and because its in Real D rather than Imax 3D quality is alot better and there is minimal ghosting (if any at all)

I don't see how this is insulting or crap myself as it is infact enhancing the footage, I do suggest you see it when it is released (if there are any Real-D projection cinemas near you) just to see what I mean. It is still the same film millions know and love so no loss there.

I was skeptical at first too but became more and more interested and it was much better than anyone had anticipated, it's a shame the interview i was in didn't interview people afterwards also because everyone that i talked to had the largest grins on their faces ever :D

as for breaking charm and magic it certainly doesn't, it at least multiplies it by 10 :D

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 02:11 AM by aNILEator.
11-02-2006 02:06 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
this is actually how the movie was made, what you saw on set during production, and it shows all the detail in the sets and character models
If you have the high quality superbit version on dvd (or have seen it in the theater) you see those details too though.

quote:

there has been no CG effects what so ever
Even in the trailers I already see some added elements :/

anyways, I defenitaly will go and see this new version if it comes out here...
(and I will order the new remastered 2cd special edition to go with my other 3 versions of the CD which I already have :p)

hence thanks for notifying ;)

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 02:17 AM by CookieRevised.
11-02-2006 02:12 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
The worst song that has been remade is she wants revenge - kidnap the sandy claws.

On youtube you'll find the new songs mixed into the original footage

She Wants Revenge - Kidnap the Sandy Claws - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvbsqABCKs
Fall Out Boy - What's This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaqV6rIYhZs
Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chN6WuDw9A
Fiona Apple - Sally's Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDn2kURKZWI
Panic at the disco! - This is Halloween - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnNDW1lR54

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 03:10 AM by aNILEator.
11-02-2006 02:20 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
omg... indeed :throwup:

talking about loosing magic and charme....
11-02-2006 02:24 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

Cookie please don't criticise anything before you've seen it, watching the videos on youtube it actually looks amazing and I wish I went.

I'm contemplating going to Manchester to watch it, that's how much I'm excited about it.
11-02-2006 08:46 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: