What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
Author: Message:
kayles

33 / Female / –
RE: OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
i went and saw it for halloween, and i enjoyed it more than i did when it wasnt 3d. i think it was because i felt like i was actually in the movie. idk but it was really good i enjoyed it more.
11-03-2006 01:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
exactly my opinion i felt like an ant on the set during filming :P
11-03-2006 02:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hybrid

Borderline Insane

36 / Male / Flag
It looks like a good movie and I look forward to watching it, but I have to agree with Cookie, With people like Fall Out Boy and Marlyn Manson and the way they approached it I think it did lose a little bit of it's charm.
[Image: SIGNATURE.jpg]
Let's roll kids, we're gonna party like the amish.
11-04-2006 03:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
forget about the cover and demo songs they aren't in the film at all, it still has the classics throughout
11-04-2006 04:05 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Cookie please don't criticise anything before you've seen it, watching the videos on youtube it actually looks amazing and I wish I went.
I'm not critcizing that it wouldn't look good though. In fact, It may _look_ better.

But I'm criticizing the fact that the original movie, and especially if you know how it was made and in what time period it was made, probably has more 'magic' than the current one, just because they had to do it in a certain concept, in a certain way, using only tools which they had and which they agreed upon on using.

Looking at the trailers only, I can already see that CGI stuff is indeed added (so it isn't just making it 3d), something which I can't agree upon, eventhough it does _look_ more modern/awesome.

eg: a 3D CGI Wallace & Gromit may look awesome, yet I will loose the 'magic' touch it has in the original stop-motion series. To put it in another way: CGI is a nice tool, but can (I say 'can', not 'will') make movie people 'lazy'... It looses the human touch/it's like saying the craftsmen who made the movie with their bare hands didn't do a proper job so to speak...

Another such movie is The Dark Crystal. Using CGI to even 'enhance'  such a movie would turn Jim Hanson around in his grave as a matter of speeking. It is something else if a sequal or prequel (aka a new movie) is being made using new modern technics though...

Another good example are the classic Startrek movies. They are made in a time period when modern CGI wasn't available. Yet they often have far more 'magic' in them than the modern variants.

You can even compare it to classic PC games, where the originals were sometimes far better, spoke more to the imagination than their modern remakes.

Anyways, hard to explain. Though I'm sure it will _look_ amazing. As for the rest, I can indeed only judge when I actually have seen/experienced it, but I have my reservations...

This post was edited on 11-05-2006 at 05:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-05-2006 05:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
what CGI in TNBC are you talking about mate and what trailer?

The original Dark Crystal had CGI elements inside aswell as hand-drawn (as well as labyrinth also) :S

And there is a sequel to dark crystal in the works which is using puppets, cgi and hand-drawn elements

All i can say is don't go into the cinema thinking this is going to be shit, I'm not going to like this at all. Go in with a completely open mind and be amazed :D

This post was edited on 11-05-2006 at 05:19 PM by aNILEator.
11-05-2006 05:14 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: OMG TNBC 3D IS AWESOME!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
what CGI in TNBC are you talking about mate and what trailer?
light effects and shadows.
trailers on official website

quote:
The original Dark Crystal had CGI elements inside aswell as hand-drawn (as well as labyrinth also) :S
Neither The Dark Crystal as The Labyrinth haven't got any CGI elements. All effects are "pre-CGI"...

PS: CGI are computer generated stuff, blue screen, matting and such are not CGI.

quote:
And there is a sequel to dark crystal in the works which is using puppets, cgi and hand-drawn elements
yep, I know... (called "Power of The Dark Crystal"). Lots of controversy around it also (as Jim Henson didn't wanted a sequel).

But:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is something else if a sequel or prequel (aka a new movie) is being made using new modern technics though...

This post was edited on 11-05-2006 at 05:58 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-05-2006 05:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The Labyrinth haven't got any CGI elements

Do you not remember that amazing sequence during the title credits of the CG Owl?

11-05-2006 06:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: