What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus menu doesn't appear

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Plus menu doesn't appear
Author: Message:
cindynicole75

Huh?  RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
Thank God! Someone else is experiencing the same problem I am, I have a brand new laptop and can't get messenger plus to work with live either.8o|  It is pissing me off! Two of my friends got it to work with live, so why can't we????? Somebody please help! :S
11-16-2006 05:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mocha_mist

RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mocha_mist
hey what is goign on with with this "Live Messenger Plus" plug-In??? 8o| I downloaded it and ran the programme and when Messenger Live restarted it was just as before...sans "Live Messenger Plus" plug-In!!!!! :@ Can someone please help...instruct... :S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please search forums before posting ;)

Go to this post and answer all the questions in detail:
CookieRevised's reply to Plus menu doesn't appear

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) What is the exact version and complete version (including build number) of Messenger Plus! (you can see this in the setup window of Messenger Plus!)?

2) What is the exact and complete version (including build number!) of Windows Live Messenger you're running (see Help > About Messenger)?

3) Do other Messenger Plus! functions work when you are running Windows Live Messenger, like toasts popping up, logs being created, etc?

4) Do you see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and your display picture in the contactlist?

5) When you right click a contact in the contactlist, do you see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and can you use its submenus?

6) Try this (follow instructions exactly to the letter):
- Close the contact list
- Reopen the contact list by double clicking on Messenger's system tray icon (near the pc clock)
- Go with your mouse _directly_ to the Plus! menu in the top menubar; do not hoover with your mouse over the other menus (if you did this you need to close and reopen the contactlist again !!!)
- Can you now access the Plus! menu?

7) Are you using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc... ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)  Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 Build 250

2)  Messenger 8.1 Build 0064

3)  No other plus features work while running messenger

4)  Did not see the Plus! icon in the button bar underneath the menu bar and my display picture in the contactlist.

5)  When I right click a contact in the contactlist, did not see a menu named "Messenger Plus! Features" and therefore cannot see its submenus.

6)  There IS NO "Plus! menu."  Not even after installing the Plus! plug-in.

7)  I am not using any other Messenger related addon or patch like SmileyCentral, MessPatch, A-Patch, MSN Content Plus, SweetIM, etc...

NOTE:  I reverted to my old Messenger (8.0) and now the Plus! is working fine, could it be that the 8.1 version of messenger is not compatible with the 4.10 version of Plus!?
Correction:>>> Version 8.1 = Windows Live Messenger Beta
11-16-2006 09:10 PM
elektron44

– / Male / –
RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
the  prob  is  still  there by  me  and  others ..........    is  there a  fix  coming  ???
11-19-2006 12:21 PM
eko

Its not crashing kinda, its when u chooce quit.. it send error message, but i found whats wrong, the sweetim hided on my comp on 2 places.. so i missed to uninstall one... so if u got sweetim installed u will get plus to work sometimes and sometimes not.. but now its working without any prob (without sweetim on comp) :)
thanx for the help :)
11-19-2006 06:29 PM
jameslives

i use wlm 8.1 beta
msgplus doesnt show on that
[Image: jmzsigsmall3dd.gif]
11-19-2006 08:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mocha_mist

ok, i figured that much, since, as i said, i re-installed WLM 8.0 and the Plus! worked fine...guess the new WLM beta 8.1 isn't compatible with Plus! (N)
11-20-2006 10:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:

see the changelog's first line:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

"Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 is compatible with the public version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta...."

The public Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta is 8.1.0106.

8.1.0064 is an, extremely buggy, private internal beta which only beta testers should have. Messenger Plus! is never being made compatible with private internal betas.

---

If you aren't a messenger beta tester for 8.1, then this is a perfect reason why you should never use leaked builds (and a reason why people shouldn't leak private builds in the first place).

This post was edited on 11-20-2006 at 11:16 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-20-2006 11:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
elektron44

– / Male / –
this  versions works by  me   

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240

IF  i do i make  updates  it  dont work  nomore  with M plus live 
what  do i  has  to  do  now  then  ???
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0106
Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.0.250
all  is  updated  now   works great again    after  un install alll  from  or  about  ... my web search  and  SWEETIM   
thanks  for  that info   ....John  B

This post was edited on 11-23-2006 at 05:52 AM by WDZ.
11-21-2006 09:03 AM
mocha_mist

RE: RE: RE: RE: Plus menu doesn't appear
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

see the changelog's first line:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

"Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 is compatible with the public version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta...."

The public Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta is 8.1.0106.

8.1.0064 is an, extremely buggy, private internal beta which only beta testers should have. Messenger Plus! is never being made compatible with private internal betas.

---

If you aren't a messenger beta tester for 8.1, then this is a perfect reason why you should never use leaked builds (and a reason why people shouldn't leak private builds in the first place).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok thanks alot... :):)
12-20-2006 08:52 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: