What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING

Pages: (24): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Author: Message:
pinealogik

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
I did everything that people said on these forum, yet I can't make it work. Here's the deal :

I've got 2 user account on my windows XP (Administrator/Sneak).

I cannot make it work under Sneak user. It won't load and icons won't show up when I start MSN Messenger.

So I restarted under Administrator and uninstalled everything (MSN Messenger, Msg plus Live and deleted the folder MSN Messenger). Once that was done I've installed MSN messenger, then Msg plus Live and fired up MSN messenger and everything worked fine! Icons showed up...so Msg Plus Live is working under Administrator.

I then restarted my computer and logged into Sneak (wich is the second account on this computer and have all the right, just like administrator.) I started up MSN Messenger then a window appeared saying ''repairing msn messenger'' and Msg Plus Live didn't appeared in MSN Messenger... So yea, I'm kinda stuck here, I can install it on administrator but everytime I log in using my other account MSN messenger will just reinstall itself and remove Msg Plus Live...I don't get it, what could do this ?

Hope this wasn't too complicated -_-;

05-22-2007 08:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
Try disbaling all spyware and anti-virus programs and see if it helps

otherwise it must mean that your other account doesn't have admin privileges, it's the only other possible explanation for it.

You will need to change it from limited to Computer Administrator by logging into the Admin account, go Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> "Account Name" -> Account Type -> Choose Administrator -> Exit out then restart.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-22-2007 08:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Did you have anything else for Messenger installed on the Sneak account? Like other addons for Messenger, like SmileyCentral, Messenger Shell, SweetIM, etc? If so, try to disable/uninstall them (from the account they where installed from)...

Have you ever installed something like those addons at one point, but have you removed them again? If so, please lists them...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2007 10:44 PM
x_underoath

When i try to download plus it says:
An error occured whole trying to access the files of Messenger
Please exit Messenger and try again
If you keep getting this message, restart your computer.

I exit messenger; doesn't work
I restart my computer; still doesn't work.

What do i do??
06-22-2007 06:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by x_underoath
When i try to download plus it says:
An error occured whole trying to access the files of Messenger
Please exit Messenger and try again
If you keep getting this message, restart your computer.
It's impossible to get this message when you download Plus!. Downloading is not the same as starting/running a program or installing.

Anyways, you get this error, during the installation, because the loader of Messenger Plus! Live, msimg32.dll, has been locked.

This means that it can't be updated. To solve this you need to make sure that Windows Live Messenger (and MSN Messenger for that matter) is not running and that Messenger Plus! is not running.

The best thing you can do to make sure of that is to remove Windows Live Messenger, MSN Messenger (if you happen to still use it too) and Messenger Plus! from your Windows startup folder and from the startup entries in the registry. After you've done that reboot your computer.

Another, but more crude, method to do this and without the need to reboot your computer, is to kill all the processes involved. To do this:
1) Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager.
2) Go to the processes tab and kill all of these processes: msnmsgr.exe, msgplus.exe, msmsgs.exe
3) Restart the Messenger Plus! Live installer.

This post was edited on 06-23-2007 at 02:54 AM by CookieRevised.
06-23-2007 02:48 AM
ndysm

Everytime I try to run plus! it encounters an error before it even starts up. It won't install at all! I tried to instal 4.23 4.22 and 4.10(or so)..
06-29-2007 03:41 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ndysm
Everytime I try to run plus! it encounters an error before it even starts up. It won't install at all! I tried to instal 4.23 4.22 and 4.10(or so)..
Please state what exact error you're getting (a screenshot would be nice).
What is the Windows OS version you're using?
What is the complete version of Messenger you're using (Contact List > Help > About Messenger)?

If the error is the same as one described above, please follow the given instructions first. If it still doesn't work, then also list what exact steps you've done...

-------------------------------------------------

If this is a about "AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 8.1.178.0 ModName: gdiplus.dll ModVer: 5.1.3102.2180 Offset: 00047cd7" then please do not cross-post!!!

Cross-posting is not allowed for the very reason you see happening here. It is of no use to repeat everything again said in your original thread and to start another discussion which would end in the same kind of questions and posts...

This post was edited on 07-04-2007 at 01:00 AM by CookieRevised.
07-04-2007 12:52 AM
ndysm

oh alright then yeah, its about that question. Sorry. I'll go back to the original thread.
07-04-2007 10:47 PM
happy_ending89

Huh?  help me...plz..
i'm using msn  version 8.1 now.and i had download the correct Messenger Plus that suitable for my window xp. but i cant use it..
it say ! The application or DLL C:\program files\msn messenger\msgsres(2).dll is not a validwindow image. plz check this against you installation diskette. mean wat?

at my window live messenger there hv plus! but software not loaded! An error occures which prevented messenger plus live from loading properly.
i try few times already.. but it still cant work!

any1 can help me??? teach me how to solv it.. plz???

This post was edited on 07-13-2007 at 03:35 PM by happy_ending89.
07-13-2007 03:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Always search the forums first before posting a question.

In this case search the forums with "msgsres(2).dll":

- Error Message When Installing.
- Annoying Error

;)

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 01:13 PM by CookieRevised.
07-14-2007 01:12 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: