What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Webcam recording

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Webcam recording
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Webcam recording
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
Theres a program out there called "MSN Webcam Recorder" that records the streams of webcams and saves them into relatively small files within the program. I wouldn't console the use of this because it invades other people's privacy, but it is out there nonetheless.

Quit being silly. Hacking your way into a computer and viewing its webcam without the user's knowledge would be in the privacy invasion category. Recording a stream already being sent to your computer is no more a privacy invasion than for instance logging your chats or recording a phone conversation (which is totally legal, at least here in Denmark).

Its you're choice whether or not to use it. I'm just making sure I let people know possible ethical issues surrounding the program. Just read as a precaution. No Offence intended.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

01-23-2007 02:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam recording
probally worng but couldn't you use screenshot sender? to save the files?
it may need some work with automation or something i havent had a huge look @ it
hope it helps sorta

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

01-28-2007 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Webcam recording
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Um, jimbodude, it's not an invasion of privacy. Because you're not stealing them, it's already stored on your PC. it's willingly given to you(by the contact) and al you're doing(in the case if DP's) is moving the files form one place to another. It's the same with webcams TBH. Once the contact accepts, there no privacy invasion as you have their consent. (someone correct me if i'm wrong..)
It isn't an invasion if you just want to store it for your own purpose. However, publicizing it IS technically an invasion since the contact did not gave his permission to make it public. A chat, and thus also a webcam stream from your contact (and log files or even just quotes from the chat), IS private between you and the contact, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the contact.

As for DPs this is just the same. Although the permission given to view it is not limited to only 1 contact, but to all your contacts at once (and/or to the friends of all or some of your contacts).

It is perfectly thinkable that the contact does not want you to make the webcam stream or even snapshots public (and 'public' means also only showing it to your friends). The same for DPs, although this area is a bit more vague...

Think about 'privacy' in this way: If I send something to some address, I meant to be sending it to that address and not to any other. If I wanted to send it to your friend, I would have done so in the first place. If I wanted to send something to everybody in the world, I would find a special address which forwards my thing to all other addresses in the world.

-------------

To alex_sl1: if you want such a tool which can do it, then follow the already given links. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, as someone already stated, or to make something half-working and incomplete while there are already a vast number of tools which do it in one way or the other (including only taking snapshots).

This post was edited on 01-28-2007 at 11:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-28-2007 11:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: